Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I will beat Baldurís Gate 1, Siege of Dragonspear, Baldurís Gate 2, and Throne of Bhaal by May 31st 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Iím thinking gnome fighter/illusionist!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Iím about one-third through Baldurís Gate 1 already, but getting those drat ďYes but what if you restarted as a different class and alignment!Ē thoughts I was hoping to avoid by toxxing :smith!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Games are too long

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There is no way Iím beating the Baldurís Gates before the end of the month, especially since Iíve installed a few difficulty mods and implemented a few house rules that, while making the game very enjoyable for me, slow me down considerably!

(Also doesnít help that I only started this past week despite making the toxx back in March)

So I can either eat the toxx and continue playing at my leisurely pace, or turn on Story Mode (party members canít die) and just #yolo through every encounter, skip side quests (I wouldnít need their experience point or equipment rewards), ignore companions, and not really enjoy myself in the process. I donít know what to do

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I decided to bite the bullet and go through the Baldur's Gate Quadrilogy in Story Mode, and it hasn't been as tedious as I feared. It took about five hours, but I beat Baldur's Gate 1 as a solo Monk named J-Dawg. Monks are loving awful at lower levels, which is BG1's entire bit, so while Story Mode means you can't get reduced below 10 hit points, you still see all of the incoming damage numbers... and it isn't pretty. J-Dawg should by all rights be nothing more than a stain on a stone floor, but oh well.

I hadn't ever gotten to the endgame before, so it was especially nice to see how the story ended. Still, part of me wants to start over and play it correctly, but that will have to wait...

At least I got this achievement, that I totally deserve

Next up, Siege of Dragonspear, a game I know nothing about.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I keep going back and forth on whether I should give up on my toxx. But I beat Siege of Dragonspear, and I thought it was excellent. I look forward to the day I play through it properly...

Monks are still terrible.

Will I beat Baldur's Gate 2 and Throne of Bhaal before next Monday? Probably not!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I beat Baldur's Gate 2!

I feel bad for all of the NPCs I promised to help but never did... Standing before of crypts, castles, lairs, dens, waiting for a Bhaalspawn who will never come...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Throne of Bhaal completed!

I won't lie, fatigue set in pretty quickly, mostly because they made every two-bit mage in the expansion able to stop time and hide behind twenty layers of defenses, so fights with them took forever; there was also one notable fight that took maybe half an hour. But I'm happy!

I will one day return to the Baldur's Gates and play through them properly, but for now, at least I can say that, yes, I've finally slain my white whale

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I will finish Pillars of Eternity 2 before... October 31st 2020

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Add Pillars 1 to the toxx

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Youíll all be pleased to hear that Iím making progress in Pillars of Eternity, roleplaying as a member of the ruthless and expedient paladin order, thereby justifying my need to skip most sidequests so I can sort of speedrun through the game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Finished Pillars of Eternity 1... by setting the difficulty to Super EZ and rushing through the main plot. The ending slides were... not as mean as I expected.

And I'll be doing the same for Pillars of Eternity 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pillars of Eternity 2 defeated!

But I vow to replay it very soon. I only scratched the surface, and there were so many enticing threads that I opted to skip due to the nature of my playthrough.