Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I was dithering for such a long time on whether to play the game, knowing that I might not like the style of the game, but perhaps I should give it a shot, but from what I've seen the writing style doesn't appeal to me, but then I installed it and it wasn't horrible, yet there is the knowledge of some abhorrent behavior from the writer, and I'll likely get sick of it, and I just want to give up now... I'm never going to play Sunless Sea.

Recently I worked down my collection of unplayed stuff to under 40, and I've kept track of the stuff I completed or gave up on, sorted by genre ('completed' including either games fully gone through, or ones that I feel I did 'enough' in, e.g. finishing at least one campaign or some such. Not included are three games that were too buggy to finish, but I might have if they didn't crash):

pre:
	ALL	STR	RPG	ADV	ACT	SIM	RTS
Played	76	23	8	14	7	12	12
Compl.  53	18	6	14	3	4	11
Ratio	69.7%	78.3%	75.0%	100.0%	42.9%	33.3%	91.7%
I will play through a campaign of DC:Barbarossa before the authorities allow me to leave the house freely. I waited forever to be able to buy it and then just haven't played it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

With the continued lockdown I managed to finish off a German campaign in DC:B.

This graph of the fuel supplies tells the tale. AGN (White) made excellent progress, blitzing all the way to Narva in a little over a month. But an oversight on the commander's part allowed the Soviets to raid the supply base and destroy it on August 1, leading to a near-critical situation for a month. Luckily the infantry armies were strong and the Finns pitched in to capture Leningrad in mid-October. AGC (Red) made acceptable progress to Minsk, but then ran into very stiff resistance and only pushed to Smolensk after another two months of fighting. They both inflicted and took the heaviest losses, yet the massive fuel shipments kept coming. Meanwhile AGS (blue) had to manage with a meager allotment of fuel, as Hitler felt it an unimportant sector. It was more active, although without much initial progress; the failure of the Romanians to take Odessa left the southern flank weak and a Russian counterattack was mounted that pushed us over the Bug. Once everything was cleared and Kiev finally captured in December, it was discovered that this front was effectively abandoned. Even though the panzers had to deal with blizzard conditions and lengthening supply lines, Rostov fell in less than a week in mid-January, to Hitler's delight (he'd changed his mind on the south by then). In the end a minor win was snatched from the jaws of an almost-certain defeat.

Train Nazi loved me, Truck Nazi at least liked me, and I was found innocent by the war crimes tribunal despite a few 'pragmatic' decisions.