Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuckwolf
Oct 2, 2014

This sounds fun. I built a PC recently after watching many, many hours of Dark Souls 3 and Cuphead playthroughs online. I haven't played games much since the early 2000s, but watching all those playthroughs convinced me that I would be good at those games despite never being really good at games in the first place. Spoiler: I loving suck at both of these games. They still hold a ton of allure to me even though they are punishingly difficult for me, a total retard baby with poor motor control.

So let it be known that I will finish DS3 and Cuphead by the end of the year or my name shall be mud and my progeny shall be deformed. I'm still dicking around on the High Walls of Lothric in DS3 and I'm mostly done with the 1st island in Cuphead.

fuckwolf fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuckwolf
Oct 2, 2014

Thanks, that's encouraging to hear. I feel like I'm getting marginally better. I've heard that advice about just skipping enemies that are giving you trouble before, but it's a hard pill for me to swallow. There's that enemy outside of Firelink Shrine with the uchigatana and it bothers me to no end that I can't kill him. I've moved on, but holy hell that irritates me.

Update: stomped his bitch rear end. Probably took me 15 tries, but Iíve started to realize how important dodging/rolling is in this game. In retrospect, I probably just could have sunk arrows into his face since I was able to make the tree jump onto the roof, but killing him up close was more satisfying. And I guess I can summon him for a later boss fight so thatís kind of cool.

fuckwolf fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 9, 2020

fuckwolf
Oct 2, 2014

Good job to all the recent completions. I hope to one day complete a game.

I'm still chipping away at Dark Souls 3. I love playing this game, but it is unnerving and maddening. There have been rooms with normal enemies that must have taken me 20-30 tries. I just hit the Grand Archives so I think I'm nearing the end. I messed up the Anri sidequest by accidentally clocking her with my claymore while we were talking and a bunch of skeletons ambushed us. Bummer. Was really looking forward to getting married. Also Hawkwood stole one of my Dragon parts and I can't beat him. Fucker.

fuckwolf
Oct 2, 2014

I finished DS3 main game the other day with the ďEnd of FireĒ ending. I was hoping to marry Anri, but I accidentally whacked her with my claymore when I was talking to her in the catacombs and bunch of skeletons ambushed me. Oh well, something to do on the next play through. Fantastic game. I also grabbed the 2 DLCs, so Iíve been working on those as well.