Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

alright, I'm about to spend 3 weeks almost entirely in my home, and my poor Playstation that I bought a few months back has been woefully underused, so i'm gonna put a bit of a fire under my rear end:

I will finish ONE (1) of the following seven games by the end of April:
The Last of Us Remastered, Spider-Man, Control, God of War, Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Tetris Effect, The Outer Wilds

I've started all of them and I'm about half-way through Spider-Man, Control and Outer Wilds and within the first few hours of the rest, so I think finishing one of them is a reasonable goal.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Hopefully DC Murderverse comes in and tells us they beat one of their games today.

Lol I completely forgot about this...

but with the aid of some edibles, I did finish Tetris Effect, in full VR no less! (and unlike Skyrim VR, it did not make me violently nauseous) I may be criticized for finishing the easiest to finish game on that list but it should also be noted that:

1). I also finished Picross S4 and Bioshock (for the like 20th time, which I suppose is what this sort of bet is trying to prevent but w/e that game is great)
2). I also put like 80 hours into Animal Crossing and 20 into Doom Eternal
3). I was very much expecting Last of Us to be the game that I finished but was not expecting to bounce off of that game as much as I did, especially after that dope prologue.
4). My depression is in full swing being stuck the gently caress inside and Iím sleeping 10-12 hours most days

So I am going to immediately put my neck back on the line:

I will finish one of the following games by May 31
Control
Doom Eternal
Spider-Man
The Outer Wilds

Iím around the half-way mark in all of these, finishing one should hopefully be doable.

edit for proof:

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 30, 2020

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Zushio posted:

Okay, after several years of careful careful completion I have developed a pretty substantial backlog of PS4 games accidentally. I have also managed to leave several games half finished over the year and I want to clean that poo poo up.

I'm having decision paralysis regarding how to tackle the issue and could use some Confessional relief about why they are half done, as well as any insight that goons could offer.

So, in order of when I stopped playing them I have:

Nioh
The start of my backlog. I like the game a lot, and only have a few missions in the DLC3 to do. I am not doing The Grand Tournament or any of the mission unlocked by masteries not on my build. Mostly stopped to play Judgment, but also because I felt like the game hadn't shown me anything new since the midpoint of DLC1.

Judgment
I know it's dumb, but I just need to finish a Legend difficulty run to get my Platinum. This was my GOTY last year and I actually look forward to this.

Battle Chef Brigade
Don't know why I stopped playing. Was having fun, but got distracted. Pretty sure I was about 3/4 through.

Rondo of Blood
loving Death.

Silver Case
Really enjoyed the first couple chapters, it's slow to play but again, not sure why I stopped.

Curse of the Moon
Finished the first storyline, looking forward to the rest. Just wasn't in the mood for a long time.

Watch Dogs 1
Felt like a shooter and started playing. I had just finished chapter 3. Pacing is horrible and I hate all the characters. It's somewhat fun to play, and I have literally all of the side content done now (separate from pacing issues). This one is basically lowest priority, but I do want to finish. That and I got Death Stranding as a present at the time.

Bioshock 1
See above basically, only the game is way better. And it was already on the "Never Finished It On XBox" list.

Control DLC
Haven't even started it, but it's ready to go. Would have started it already but Doom Eternal came out.

FF7R
Stopped because I needed to finish BoTW and Bayonetta 2 in order to return my friend's Switch. At least that cleared then off the backlog. This is also the last in progress game, baring the yet to be released Doom Eternal DLC.

My list of Fresh Games is much worse, I won't post details but could still use help with opinions if anyone wants to offer.

AC: Odyssey, Sekiro, Watch Dogs 2, The Evil Within, Dishonored 2/DotO, Wolf 2, Alien Isolation, Bioshock 2, JJ Macfield, 25th Ward, 428 Shibuya Scramble, Knack 1/2, The Witness, Doom 64, Uncharted 3/4, Spider-Man, Yakuza 3-5, RE2/3, The Last of Us Remastered

finish bioshock, then start and finish bioshock 2, and then put the bioshock infinite disc in the trash where it belongs (note: does not apply if the game was bought digitally, just delete it from your PS4 if that is the case)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Zushio posted:

I was about to say I don't have Infinite, but apparently it was included in the collection. I had no real interest in playing it.

good, it's not a good experience

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I'm approaching the end of The Outer Wilds, it should be finished in time for my challenge.

God that's such a good loving game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

And I beat The Outer Wilds with about 21 hours to spare!

https://twitter.com/nickostrem/stat...996932431446017

It really is such a wonderful game, I've definitely never played anything like it. It's sort of a cross between Metroid Prime and a detective game, and the intricacies of the design of the world and how fluid it is to get around are really astounding. Plus there's no killing things, it's all tools and exploration and puzzle-solving. I cannot wait to see what that team does next, or if someone goes out there and tries to top it. I just hope it doesn't take as long to make the second time around.