Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

I have to say I’m 100% on team Dolores.

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

...huh

Considering how much better this season's been than even season 2, I'm not going to say I won't watch it regardless, but I'm curious to see how it gets that far considering how everything this season has looked like there's an endgame in nearer sight than "this is only the halfway point of the series"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

tomapot posted:

Still not sure who I should be rooting for but gently caress it I’m this far in.

I'm definitely still rooting for Dolores. Now I'm also rooting for Caleb

Codependent Poster posted:

Maeve is the worst though.

:agreed:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I still love this season tbh

If next week's finale sucks though I'm definitely onboard team "season 1 was a fluke and they can't do endings or stick the landing for poo poo", which...definitely bodes ill for the next 3 seasons to come

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Okay, I'm pretty sure I liked that season more than the second one

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mooktastical posted:

I'm really glad they included Halores in the post-credits. It's been really tough to figure where she fits into the whole scheme between Dolores/Caleb and Serac/Maeve. Turns out, she's not meant to fit anywhere, this season is just meant to serve as her 'back story' for season 4. That seems like the sort of thing that'll be easier to stomach on rewatch. Also, I don't buy for a second that human William bought the farm.

I don't think this is the end for either human William or Dolores; Man In Black surviving is probably a way to get around William even if that was the end, but I don't buy they do three more seasons if Evan Rachel Wood isn't coming back for at least one more of them. For all the complaints about the character, she was still easily one of my fav parts of the season/show and was especially a highlight of this ep (impressive considering she was dying on a floor for like half of it)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

stoops posted:

Was there anything related to the season 2 stinger, done in this season?

Explicitly no

It's implied that the Man In Black that was having his fidelity checked at the end of season 2 is the one that kills William in the stinger this time, but we don't know that for sure

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That's what I got from that scene. It's cool how you can kill a main character and just turn him into a host so you can keep an actor around.

And by cool I mean loving dumb.

I give it a pass in the case of the big 2 (Dolores and Man In Black) because 1) I like ERW and want her kept around, and 2) for MIB it seems like it's something Ed Harris wanted

Hollywood Reporter posted:

As an actor, however, the twist is sure to delight Harris, given his vocal desire to embody the Man in Black side of his character, rather than the Delos company man.

"I wasn't the happiest camper to tell you the truth," Harris told The Hollywood Reporter earlier in the season, "because I really enjoyed the part I was playing, and I was hoping that he, the Man in Black, would continue to somehow be prevalent in the story. And when I realized that was no longer the case, I had to just readjust my whole head and get into what was going on with William in this place that he has found himself, trapped in this facility, being tested, and whatever is going on with him."

Looks like Harris doesn't need to concern himself with that version of William anymore.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Delores is back :woop:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

so why the hell is delores back.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1533252797516455937?s=20&t=EIzHEI4Ca86qhDXv4Hkn_g

Yeah I don’t know what’s happening anymore

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ashpanash posted:

He just did a second movie based on Sonic the Hedgehog.

Carrey was his hero in high school, he loves working with him and seeing how happy he is on set https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/sonic-the-hedgehog-james-marsden-confirms-he-signed-on-for-multiple-sequels/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I have no confidence this show can string together another great season, hell I'm not even sure it will pull off another great episode, but it has pulled off some really great scenes. I'd put Maeve See Upstairs and William Goes Off on Confederados up with any individual scenes from any show, it's just they can't do it consistently and, even when they do, they can't manage to go anywhere with it.

Blanking at remembering any other show that was this great at looking great and this meh-to-bad at everything else (Especially season finales, jesus christ they are just incapable of sticking the landing each time)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, Hannibal legit ruled

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Entropic posted:

8 posts after a new episode, lol does anyone watch this show?

I work late so I can't watch live/until Monday

So far better season than last but 1) that's a low bar, 2) still not much really happening so it's hard to really recommend, and 3) it's still a season of Westworld, a time it has a satisfying finale will be the first time. I'm fine with what's been shown so far; I'm still braced for/expecting disappointment

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Darko posted:

It's the most convoluted nonsense ever.

Kingdom Hearts still exists

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

May have been the best season finale the show's had, which is clearing a low bar because lol it just never seemed able to stick the landing

Creators still adamant about the "one more season if we're allowed it" plan apparently, despite this feeling a lot like a series finale https://www.vulture.com/article/westworld-season-4-finale-explained-lisa-joy.html

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Combat Pretzel posted:

This show is about as planned as Battlestar Galactica (2004).

This show never had or will have as good a moment as the BSG midseason 4 finale

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Wasn’t it always a summer show?

Season 1 was October to December
2 April-June
3 March-May
This was June-August

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

As for me, I'm just a completionist. It takes rather a lot to get me to just nope the hell out of something I've been watching for years.

:same:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Is a Season 5 confirmed yet? I kinda hope it isn't, even though I like this show, it really is fine if it ends now.

It hasn't been, and it's officially the longest the show's had without renewal news (season 2 confirmed halfway into season 1, season 3 confirmed after two episodes of 2, and season 4 was confirmed a month after season 3 ended even after it was revealed the season averaged half the viewership of season 2), so my guess is it's done

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Being removed from HBO Max

https://deadline.com/2022/12/westworld-the-nevers-pulled-hbo-max-canceled-1235197233/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I said come in! posted:

My head canon is that Westworld, and Battlestar Galactica, are in the same world.

It's canon they're in the same world of Disappointing Television :negative: