Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I was joking when I said this show got GoT's leftover budget but they're literally reusing their assets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Huh, my complaint last week was that WarWorld was an outrageously stupid idea and I thought that they addressed that by making it just part of a simulation, not an actual park.

I choose to believe there's some amusement park youtube channel in the Westworld universe that covered Delos burying Reichworld's poor reception because they realized their demographic would rather kill random cowboys and samurais over Nazis.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Darko posted:

Yeah, it's "whats the maximum plot fun we can pull out of this" silly as opposed to "we'll figure out something last minute and pick the person nobody guesses on Reddit" silly.

Agreed. Dolores cloning herself into Hiroyuki Sanada because she's a selfish perfectionist is way more satisfying than reading body language to deduce that "Charlotte Hale is a horse."

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Every time somebody spells Dolores' name wrong she creates another clone with that name.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Agreeing with all the drug trip criticism. It was mostly Aaron Paul looking dazed set to different music and lighting. Either go over the top or don't bother.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I liked the finale but I'm disappointed in the season overall. Bernard and Maeve's plots seemed like afterthoughts once they scribbled the main story out and somehow eight episodes seemed like too much for what we got. No grand Ramin music either.

I'm one of the three people that like S2 though.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I liked S2 more than 99% of this thread but have basically no recollection of S3. I was in denial that it was bad while it was airing but it seems like I've reached acceptance. S4x01 was boring so I'm probably not going to post much this season since it bums me out.

Also lol at the Video Games instrumental.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The (last) episode owned :eyepop: I could honestly watch a whole season of Maeve just going to new parks and commentating on the recycled plots.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I liked the finale and the season overall as well. I think this was much better than S4 at least, or it's the repression talking. I'm not sure what the point of Dolores' final game is but obviously the draw of season five is to see Westworld again and that's all I wanted. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
drat.

Weirdly I'm at peace with it. The ending is fitting enough and the season somewhat redeemed how bad S3 was.