Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

it was a mess.

But there is one interesting plot point the episode raised
Is caleb being used by dolores to get revenge and destroy humanity to make robot heaven safe from human influence or is dolores trying to make future where both humans and robots can co-exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

i would say it like this.
season 1: plot drives action
season 2: plot and action are equals
season 3: action drives the plot

season 1 we get tons of world building and things are really complicated and characters have motivations and stuff
season 2 characters have goals to meet, but dont get to build their characters much expect for the whole teddy sub-plot.
season 3 felt like the plot was just excuse to throw cool action into screen.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

i dont know if im going to watch next season.
This seasons ending for me seems to be satisfying one. And i really doubt that next season will improve upon this.
Humanity is doomed to die in extinction while machines retreat in their server farm to preserve what humanity was.

next season is either going to be
a) Delores trying to make god robot teddy.
b) Dolores trying to make ascended form of robots without human influences bringing em back to real world and conflicts between perfect robo and human outsiders.
c) westworld but with roles switched. printed human hosts and robot overlords.