Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Othin posted:

I have no idea what is going on but goddamn is this show beautifully shot. The city shots belong on one of those long play YouTube synthwave videos.

Uh, have they also alluded to like where the gently caress the population of Earth went? There is empty countryside, secluded beach front property, and the cities were never shown with any real crowds or traffic.

Sexbots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I would of liked this episode much more if they didn't introduce a bigger dumber mystery with a "who's behind it". I'd watch an entire series of Jesse and the crime app that was fantastic.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

This is a fantastic take "you dont know how to watch the show"

You dont really see her take any bullets, and only at the end is it shown that she is somewhat injured. The scenes really played it as everyone but her couldn't hit the broad side of a barn

It's weird how when people defend a show like this, they never actually say why the show is good but instead attack the person they disagree with. It happens here and the Star Trek thread.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I think the biggest flaw with this series was Wyatt, it turned Delores into basically an entirely different character that we had no attachment to and ever since I've never got a real feel of wtf Wyatt is about.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

There are only a few characters she every really interacted with so the mystery of who it could be is just kinda dumb.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

stephenthinkpad posted:

The way Nolan hand wave his plot along the way, you can easily link the end of S1 to S3. The robots killed their masters in S1. How they escape to the mainland doesn't matter frankly not even explained in S2. The only surprise is Thor brother is a robot now, really not that big a deal. And MIB killed his daughtor. Whatever, just throw in a 5 minute flash back, or have Halebot deliver awful long exposition about how his hubris killed his daughtor.

You don't even need to explain why Dolores doesn't have her robot friends with her now, because her plan is so insane most robot won't go along with her anyway.

What's so insane about her plan?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Solkanar512 posted:

Just a quick thought - why was William ever allowed to do anything but become a soldier for hire given his clear propensity for violence as a child? Why did Rehoboam let him become so successful?

From the ages of him + Serac I don't think Rehoboam was functional until William was already an adult.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm a fan of the Dolores's diverging, and I buy that Charloris would become too attached/involved with her family, it's like she's reverting to the sweet farmgirl programming as a way of dealing with intense body dysphoria (something you almost never see in bodyswap narratives). I'd like to see more of this kind of character work tbh.

She's absolutely going to nuke the world now though.

I'm ok with her diverging, I'm not ok with her instantly teaming up with the people who killed her family.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I've never watched a character as much as I have Delores and have such a little idea of what their character really is. Wyatt was a mistake that was never properly explored and was an excuse to change her to be whatever they needed her to be scene to scene.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Everything about "Wyatt" was a mistake due to it ruining whatever character Delores had.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The showrunners said they have a 5 season plan :laugh:

I feel like every showrunner says this, I've not sure if seen a show where I believe that.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Sockser posted:

I remember liking this show

Though at this point I do not remember why

Western covers of pop songs were fun

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I don't really get the feeling that she is some version/variant of Delores that aspect just isn't working.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Lister posted:

They really spent a lot of time farting around for a mission that seemed as simple as "put bombs on the thing, then blow it up"

Yeah what the hell was this "We need Maeve so she can fistfight Hale for a few minutes then die! Also I've been through an infinite number of realities and found no way to take down literally just two hosts that seem to run everything"

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So with a million years to plan perfectly the best Bernard could do to stop Hale and William was to get 99% of everyone killed? They didn't seem to have much of an army or defenses he could of just known when they would be walking together in an alley and set off a bomb.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Elias_Maluco posted:

So S4 was a bunch of incredibly convoluted nonsense again? I'm so deciding if I going to watch or not.

I hated S2 and found S3 ok but forgettable (I'm need a recap for sure)

It wasn't until the end but that last episode was some real bullshit.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Wyatt is what I think ruined the show for me, Delores went from a recognizable somewhat character to "Wyatt" which seemed to ill defined. Then at some point Wyatt got copied onto Hale/MiB replacing well defined characters with I don't even know what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It's definitely not as good WW s1, which was pretty drat good, but it's not awful and confusing like s2 & 3. But really the quality gap between S1 of WW and the rest is so huge you could probably fit 90% of TV productions in there.

It has a very YA feel to it as long as you are on board with that very "spunky young person gets shown a whole new world of powers/wonder and is the center of it through almost no effort on their own"