Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Love with Aaron Paul will turn Dolores straight and stop her from eliminating the human race and instead make everything right by killing super-AI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Wafflecopper posted:

That seems way too obvious for a show that spent its second season being deliberately confusing in order to fool reddit
Maybe that's exactly what's going to happen, because reddit et al are expecting a huge twist.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

OK, the revised version: She's manipulating Aaron Paul to her ways, just to backpedal at the end, because Teddy II.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Who's nerd kid's daddy, anyway? Seems like this is a new faction introduced with season 3.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I sure hope there's a good explanation as to why Maeve has been reintegrated as a prop into their theme parks. There probably is, but I can't remember most of season 2 anymore.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Somehow the second episode felt like barely anything happened, compared to the first one.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

What bugs me more is that hosts, and more so the whole Forge, are supposed to Delos' secretsauce supertech, and here we have Francois Toulour having with own mini-Forge.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Did they announce season 3 to be the last, or is it possibly still open-ended?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Uh, do you?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

God, this show is sllllloooooooooooooooooooooowwww.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Why is the Hale the only one from the Quadrolores freaking out, but none of the others?

Also, how is this Dempsey character related to Francois Toulour? They're not sharing a family name, considering all this father BS.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I guess Dolores hosed with the programming of the rest of her quartet, because they're so far subservient. That's probably gonna backfire Teddy-style.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Cerak the new Deloris?

--edit:
Engerraund Serac, what the gently caress for a name is that anyway? Engerraund is some made up thing that doesn't exist in France, Canada or anywhere else. I guess it's gonna be some "clever" anagram.

--edit:
Apparently it's Enguerrand and whoever put it in iMDB is an idiot.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 7, 2020

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Which would explain where Dolores #5 was.
Unilores.
Dolores.
Trilores.
Quadrolores.
Quintolores.

Or something.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

That Paris nuking scene bothered me quite a bit. If you find any kind of wide open prairie to play around as a kid, you're a long long way away from Paris. I wonder if this was deliberate to indicate a fake memory or a lie.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Same, didn't work for me.

Also, I can't really reconcile liberal recreational drug use, which by nature creates more chaos, with a predictive system. Jesse's drug trip kind of made me aware of it.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Also, it bothers me a great deal that misspelling Enguerrand is actually a show thing, not just iMDB. If these idiots want to go with a French dude, with a fancy name, at least get the spelling right.

hobbesmaster posted:

Unless the drugs make you more predictable.
:aaaaa:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Human Tornada posted:

Has Aaron Paul ever asked Dolores "Hey how come you get shot all the time and it doesn't seem to bother you all that much?"
He gave her a weird look after she got shot by two goons while he was still tripping.

I wonder how long they'll try to avoid that conversation. They're on a plane now with plenty of time to waste.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I just started the newest episode.

Jesus loving Christ, really? She's aware of Serac, so is he that she is, and we start the episode at Naziworld with the same shtick again? Making her escape a second time, from his own compound, why exactly?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Eh, finished. They still can't decide how vulnerable the hosts are supposed to be? Getting a flesh wound leads to limping and "reduced performance", but getting burned to the core is A-OK? I'm assuming she's been barbeque'd all the way, because of the yellow glow coming out of the cracks in her skin.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I don't get this show.

Dolores has the greater good for the hosts in mind. Even that smartass Maeve should be able to see that easily, but no, MAH DAUGHTER tunnel vision! Or whatever, seems like I have a hard time paying attention.

Also, way to go to forego the surprise on Caleb's face of Dolores being a host.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

When Dolores stood with her back to Maeve while against the EMP generator, she did the eye flutter thing looking towards Solomon. Wireless copy bullshit for sure. He's probably on that USB stick somehow, even tho the timing is incorrect.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I don't get this Dale helping Maeve thing, with what Serac loving Dale over and Maeve being an agent for Serac. Is this some Chewbacca reasoning?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Now that hoboroam is kaputt, what the gently caress are the next three seasons going to be about?!

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

What a pain in the butt for those two Android actors to prance around in those latex catsuits for hours on end filming this.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

The tail end of the trailer suggests that poo poo is gonna get even more convoluted. This the final season?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Musical episode in S4!

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Everyone also keep in mind that S3 was :airquote: forgettable :airquote:
Indeed forgettable, because I have no idea what war there was that required dismantling all robots whatsoever.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

If you don't want to watch something as long as an episode of The Simpsons, here's a video that's just the bits about season 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBdn6oAB52I
Still no word about why they had disable all their non-host robots. There's gonna be a million and one flashbacks, isn't there?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Freaquency posted:

Yes, there’s a heavy implication that the two of them were palling around doing mercenary poo poo sometime after the events of S3, and it’s not a leap to assume that it was targeting things Delos prized.
Yeah, but it seemed like he settled and gave up. What is the point in waking a sleeping lion? Same for Maeve.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

seaborgium posted:

Also she's already got one person she's pissed at in suspended animation so she can thaw him out and make fun of him already, maybe she want's a pair?
William has a special place in her heart for obvious reasons. But to antagonize others that laid low for apparently eight years, that's an interesting gamble.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That explains how he could use it, not how the simulation had the data in the first place.
Yeah, considering the scheming Halores et al were doing in background, in secret, it's pretty much impossible to get decent starting conditions to simulate the future.

Didn't Bernard go into his simulation coma the same time Maeve and Caleb were doing their actual IRL run at Gangsterworld? How can he even know what happened there and extrapolate.

It's a TV show.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

At least over in Foundation, they pointed out that it's predicting population trends (altho the season finale hosed that one up). Bernard keeps predicting individual actions and states in well defined time and space.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

This canary in a coalmine thing, I suppose they think Hemsworth is a fly infested human and don't know he's a robot?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

double negative posted:

does all of humanity live in nyc? does host-hale have her mind control machines in papua new guinea?

seems like the implication is that the entire planet has been conquered but the walled garden thing makes it hard not to consider the scope of the situation
I presume it follows MCU logic, where everything happens almost exclusively in NY.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

This really episode really cements the idea that the hosts are all about the drama. Maeve could've just waited a moment for Hale to get scooped out before swooping in, but she just had to have a fight.
Yeah, this was loving stupid.

:jerry:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

So anyway, will they tie into the Dutch daughter talking down to Robo-Will scene from season 3, or will they conveniently ignore that one? That's gonna be interesting.

--edit: Or season 2. gently caress knows, I can't keep them apart.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

The sublime is sure a failsafe system, if a power failure causes erasure.

Servaetes posted:

Between the bad ratings and this up it's own rear end reset button ending, I don't think Nolan and Joy are going to get a 5th season as they supposedly planned out the story.
Like every other show with a plan...

They probably derailed hard in season 2 already, when they tried to outsmart the Internet.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Yannick_B posted:

The final season (if it exists) will be about who survives and what gets to happen next.
Yeah, but Discovery...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

This show is about as planned as Battlestar Galactica (2004).