Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

I work with older folks who travel a lot, and I've tried to be ready for quarantining myself and my wife if I get stuck in the house for two weeks to a month. I'd like recipe suggestions based upon what I have in the house! Lots of dried beans! Please post your bean recipes or anything that you think might be useful!

here is what we've stocked up on so far, pantry and freezer are full. I can get more things, neither of us are sick yet. Lots of TP and paper towels.
Frozen Chicken
Frozen Ground Beef
Assorted frozen pork (bacon and sausages)
frozen fruit
lots of onions and garlic
canned tomatoes/tomato paste
caned beans
dried lentils
dried black beans
dried kidney beans
frozen veggies (peas and carrots)
Frozen fruit for smoothies
Cornbread mix
corn tortillas
Pasta
Bisquick
lots of rice
Lots of spices
Lots of better than bullion
Powdered milk

Is anything missing? We just need recipes to keep things interesting after we have BEAN confined to our home. Any other suggestions would be welcome thanks in advance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Grab a few lbs of flour and a bag of yeast and use the time to perfect your daily bread recipe. For bonus points, make your own butter.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Make sure you have olive oil for hummus making and general bean dressing! Also, lots of spices. I'll be stocking up on masalas and chile powder in a minute.

CHEESE. GET CHEESE.

My bean supply is mostly lentils and chickpeas, since that's what we mostly eat. Otherwise (and in smaller quantities as I'm in an apartment with no chest freezer or pantry), same. But my Costco does delivery on groceries, so I can always get an emergency ten pack of salmon fillets.

Anyhoo, Channa Masala. https://minimalistbaker.com/easy-chana-masala/

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 12, 2020

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
If I was sick and quarantined and couldn't shop I'd have a non-sick friend or family member drop off food occasionally, like on my doorstep so we didn't have to interact.

I think even normal supermarket home delivery still works.

I guess if everyone was quarantined at the same time it may be different.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Thanks for the recipe, Bucket! Love, Peace and Chickpeas!

We have a bag of flour, six yeast packets and most of a big block of Tillamook sharp cheddar. Gotta get more of all of that and some more garam masala....

Anyhoo this is what I made last night from this recipe: https://damndelicious.net/2019/04/15/red-beans-and-rice/ (deviations widespread)

My wife hates bell peppers so I switched the traditional cajun holy trinity (Onion/Celery/Bell Pepper) with the french one (Onion/ Celery/Carrot). This works great with the carrot providing sweetness that can be bumped up with the spices in your cabinet. Most folks will want to use peppers instead.

This is for a household of two adults (with leftovers):

- make rice!

- Soak a half-pound of kidney beans overnight. I changed the water three times and noticed much less farting on my part
- Dice up a sausage from the freezer, brown it well in a large pot you have a lid for and set aside keeping those sweet, sweet meat juices in the pot.
- Sautee onion, celery, and carrot until soft. I like to put the onion in a little earlier.
- add garlic and a squirt of tomato paste, brown for a bit, along with the veggies. Add spices. I used chili powder, paprika, and a little cayenne.
- dump in drained beans, browned sausage, 3 cups of chicken stock (made from bullion)
- simmer and cook on low, covered for 15 min then uncovered for 15 minutes
- I used my stick blender to make it a little creamier, don't go nuts with it too much or you lose interesting textures.

It looked like this (pickled jalapenos for me, we also had leftover cornbread)

And all importantly, lots of leftovers!

Thanks again for all the help everyone!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
We're going to make Channa Masala tomorrow, and IP Biryani Saturday (I got a pound of goat from the local college ag store!). Stocked up on eggs and milk. I will brave TJ's on Monday for cheeses and snacks.

Going to Dicks Sporting Goods for fishing gear, the local river and canals are heating up, and we're all about to get a lot less busy. Fiancè needs a new light tackle rod and I wanna stock up on trout magnets and powebait. Fish on!

Btw, anyone who has access to a fishable clean body of water should stock up on basic fishing gear (and licences), if only for entertainment, but bonus delicious fresh fish.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Dal chawal is like half of my diet already. Grabbed a bunch of canned veggies, frozen burgs and hawaiian buns, two gallons of whole milk and vinegar to convert into paneer, baking base ingredients, and some mufuckin' maggi noodles.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
What's a good chili recipe? I've got pinto and kidney beans, and dried amarillo, guajillo, mulato, habanero, panca and arbol chilies (I just grabbed what I could see, I have no idea about central american/Mexican cooking other than it tastes good).

I can get other poo poo too, the local Indian grocer has heaps of variety and white people don't tend to go there so it still has plenty of stock.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

gay picnic defence posted:

What's a good chili recipe? I've got pinto and kidney beans, and dried amarillo, guajillo, mulato, habanero, panca and arbol chilies (I just grabbed what I could see, I have no idea about central american/Mexican cooking other than it tastes good).

I can get other poo poo too, the local Indian grocer has heaps of variety and white people don't tend to go there so it still has plenty of stock.

You wanted 72 pages of chili drama, right? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3451852

quote:

I started with a 3lb eye of round roast that I cubed, salted, and dusted with paprika so the fat could do it's thing with the paprika and then I lamely grilled the cubes on my grill pan just enough to get a nice char on them and tossed these in the crock.

I then added.......

1 can chipotles in adobo that got stick blended so there's no whole chipotle surprise later on

1 giant can of whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes, I think 500 or 800 grams (I don't speak metric well)

Three cloves of garlic, smashed

A diced jalapeno

A diced medium yellow onion

A diced ancient pepper, which are these giant gnarly looking peppers that sell at the local grocer, but aren't hot at all, they're like red bell peppers from hell

Red pepper flakes to my satisfaction

Fresh cumin to my satisfaction (note: do not take a giant sniff out of your fresh ground cumin because you're excited about your newly repurposed toy, you will sneeze a lot and your mouth tastes like you've been put in a headlock by a Chicago cab driver)

A dash of liquid smoke,

A pinch on cinnamon

1 can of generic store brand chili beans because I don't really care about beans

Enough PBR that I didn't think the liquid content was out of control, around half a can. I didn't have any fancy beer on hand, but I drink it and I think it works fine in chili too. I always add it last so that I don't add too much.

I put that on low for 8 hours while I slept and then tossed in a good shake of masa flour this morning to get things nice and smooth. I stirred everyting up and unplugged the pot and lifted out the crock, went and got ready and then popped that bad boy in the fridge after it had cooled on the counter. All I need to do when I get home is throw the crock back in the pot on high to reheat and make jalapeno cheddar corn bread and it's going to be glorious dinner time.

I use beef heart when I make chili.

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006

Powered by alcohol

I am hunting for a good black bean recipe that an ametuer could handle. The ones that I found also called for ingredients that didn't seem apocalypse worthy.

I have the beans and some basic spices. I have already made 2 good batches of 5 bean soup. I learned that rinsing beans is more than just washing them off but soaking them for a long time as well. There seemed to be a cheating method to hydrate them, but the internet consensus seemed to say that soaking them is the best way.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Red Beans and Rice

1 lb kidney beans
1-2 large onions, chopped
2-3 ribs celery, chopped
1-2 bell pepper, green or red
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
4 tbls oil (butter, or coconut or peanut if vegan)

fish sauce (optional)

cumin seed, bay leaf, black pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, jalapeno or other hot chilis (optional)

1 cup long grain rice (jasmine is nice here)

2 cups stock (vegetable or meat based)
1 can light / non hoppy beer (cheap pilsner)

3 tbls chopped parsley
5 stalks chopped green pepper

(If using meat, you can use smoked sausage, salt pork, ham, etc. Chicken and beef aren't really all that great here but can work).

1. Soak beans in 4x volume of water overnight with 1 tbls salt added. Or, "quick soak" method, bring water and beans up to boil, boil rapidly for 5 mins, remove from heat, cover, let sit for 1h minimum. For either method strain beans, reserve.
2. Heat up oil, add onions, cook onions until browned, add fish sauce or just salt to onions while browning.
3. Add garlic, 1/2 tbls paprika, 1-2 tsp cumin seeds, 1 bay leaf, 1/2 tbls black pepper, 1 tsp cayenne stir with hot onions until fragrant.
4. Add celery and bell pepper, cook until they start to soften and brown, add chopped jalapeno / chilis with the celery if using.
5. Add beer (if using, is fine without) to deglaze, then / or add stock to deglaze.
6. Add beans, add water just enough to fully cover beans, bring to boil for 5 mins, then turn to low heat, cover and simmer.
7. After 30 mins, check water level, beans may swell and soak up water, you may need to add more. If it looks too watery, bring heat up to medium and let simmer uncovered to reduce.
8. Continue to simmer for at least 1-2h, stir occasionally. Simmer until beans are fully softened and until you can mash some against the side of the pan with a stiff spoon.
9. Mash around 1/4 of the beans and stir well, add chopped parsley.
10. Taste, add salt, cayenne etc as needed. A splash of cider or red wine vinegar can help.

If using meat, before step 2, brown meat in a large dutch oven, remove, add onions and a little more oil to deglaze fond from the browned meat. Add meat back to dish within the last 20 mins of cooking if using sausage, if using larger cuts of tougher pork you can add earlier.

Serve on rice, top with green onion and your favorite hot sauce.

E: This dish can be made completely vegan and is delicious. My favorite way to prepare it is with homemade chicken stock and using a pickled pork or smoked sausage.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
QuaranBEAN is p good but i've been enjoying the idea of corona casseroles, using whatever's in the house

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
When cooking onions, give yourself plenty of time and medium-low heat to make them golden delicious, it's the best gift you can give a dish.

And fish sauce.

mediaphage posted:

QuaranBEAN is p good but i've been enjoying the idea of corona casseroles, using whatever's in the house

Give it a week, maybe we can do a CookOr Die LITENIN' ROUND. I do love a "what do I have in the freezer" tray bake.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 13, 2020

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

longtimelurker posted:

I am hunting for a good black bean recipe that an ametuer could handle. The ones that I found also called for ingredients that didn't seem apocalypse worthy.

I have the beans and some basic spices. I have already made 2 good batches of 5 bean soup. I learned that rinsing beans is more than just washing them off but soaking them for a long time as well. There seemed to be a cheating method to hydrate them, but the internet consensus seemed to say that soaking them is the best way.

You can cheater soak beans (if you don't have a pressure cooker) by bringing them up to boil in water, turning it off, and letting it sit for a couple of hours. Then drain and proceed as if your beans were soaked.

Long soaks give better, more even results, though, and you can just leave them in a bowl in the fridge.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

longtimelurker posted:

I like cuban-style black beans.

1 1/2 green bell peppers, stemmed and seeded
10 cloves garlic
1lb black beans, rinsed (not soaked) and picked over for stones
1 smoked ham hock (or ~8oz frozen ham) & ~4 slices thick bacon cut into 1/2" pieces.
2 bay leaves
5tsp salt +/- to taste
1/4c oil
1 onion, diced
1 jalapeno, stemmed and chopped fine
1tsp dried oregano
1/2tsp ground cumin
1/2tsp ground black pepper
3tbsp white vinegar
1tbsp brown sugar

Cut the green pepper into 1" squares, smash and peel 4 cloves garlic. Both in a large pot with the beans, the ham hock or ham, bay leaves, and 1tbsp salt. Add 2qt water, bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for an hour until tender.

Make sofrito: Dice remaining half a pepper fine, peel and chop remaining garlic. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until it starts to brown, then add the green pepper and onion. Cook until onions start to soften, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, jalapeno, oregano, cumin, black pepper, and 2tsp salt, stir for another minute or so. Add vinegar and remove from heat, stirring to get any browned bits off of bottom of pan.

When the beans are done, pitch the bay leaf. Remove the ham hock and let cool (if you just used ham, leave that in). Pull out 1c beans and mash them to paste before returning to the pot. Add sofrito, then sugar. If you used a ham hock, strip it of meat, chop that, and return it to the pot as well.

Stir, then bring back to a boil over medium heat before lowering to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 20 minutes, skimming any foam. Taste and salt as needed. Serve with rice.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Suspect Bucket posted:

You wanted 72 pages of chili drama, right? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3451852

I use beef heart when I make chili.

Thanks for that, after doing a bit of reading it sounds like the blend of chilies you use to make the powder is quite important, any recommendations there?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
:siren: I HAVE A PROJECT FOR ALL OF YOU :siren:

Doubtless a bunch of your Facebook friends bought a bunch of food and don’t know poo poo about cooking. They might screw up a lot of dishes or maybe get paralyzed with the fear of not knowing wtf to do with the food they bought and let it rot.

PUT A CALL OUT ON FACEBOOK for anyone who has cooking questions and offer to give them cooking guidance!

This is not the time to get angry about chicken cheese type of poo poo there is going to be plenty of chicken cheese Easy-Bake-Oven type poo poo out there! Do not turn up your noses! Help your friends learn basics, explain like they’re five!

(It’s entirely possible nobody will bite)

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 14, 2020

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

gay picnic defence posted:

Thanks for that, after doing a bit of reading it sounds like the blend of chilies you use to make the powder is quite important, any recommendations there?

Use what you got, experiment. The only real thing to take away from that thread is a)don't use ground beef unless you have to, and b) chili is tasty

Oh
c) goons are terrible

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Liquid Communism posted:

I like cuban-style black beans.

1 1/2 green bell peppers, stemmed and seeded
10 cloves garlic
1lb black beans, rinsed (not soaked) and picked over for stones
1 smoked ham hock (or ~8oz frozen ham) & ~4 slices thick bacon cut into 1/2" pieces.
2 bay leaves
5tsp salt +/- to taste
1/4c oil
1 onion, diced
1 jalapeno, stemmed and chopped fine
1tsp dried oregano
1/2tsp ground cumin
1/2tsp ground black pepper
3tbsp white vinegar
1tbsp brown sugar

Cut the green pepper into 1" squares, smash and peel 4 cloves garlic. Both in a large pot with the beans, the ham hock or ham, bay leaves, and 1tbsp salt. Add 2qt water, bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for an hour until tender.

Make sofrito: Dice remaining half a pepper fine, peel and chop remaining garlic. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until it starts to brown, then add the green pepper and onion. Cook until onions start to soften, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, jalapeno, oregano, cumin, black pepper, and 2tsp salt, stir for another minute or so. Add vinegar and remove from heat, stirring to get any browned bits off of bottom of pan.

When the beans are done, pitch the bay leaf. Remove the ham hock and let cool (if you just used ham, leave that in). Pull out 1c beans and mash them to paste before returning to the pot. Add sofrito, then sugar. If you used a ham hock, strip it of meat, chop that, and return it to the pot as well.

Stir, then bring back to a boil over medium heat before lowering to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 20 minutes, skimming any foam. Taste and salt as needed. Serve with rice.

Well since the world is shut down I have extra free time so I think I'll do these.

E: nevermind there's no beans at the grocery store.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 14, 2020

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

quote:

I have bok choy, eggplant and some mushrooms (maitake and oyster). Just wondering what you might do with them, to see if you can spark some new ideas. xx

What can you do with these besides a stir fry

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 14, 2020

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Steve Yun posted:

Eggplant and mushrooms would be pretty good in a curry, and you could kimchi the bok choy

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Roast the eggplant and some cauliflower and then use them in a 50/50 mix to make a low carb hummus without the beans. Use the typical seasonings and olive oil and garlic.

I just steam bok choy and add sesame oil and some salt before eating. Really fragrant and delicious.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Steve Yun posted:

When my garden is producing eggplants like crazy I alternate between doing variations on fish fragrant eggplant (which is stir fry-ish) and [random pasta] alla Norma (roasted eggplant and tomato sauce) or alle Melanzane.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Question from Debate & Discussion: if one can't find a better one, will a meat thermometer do, or will it be wildly inaccurate? I asked him to clarify if it's digital or analog

Nevermind, it appears that only Thermapen is reliable to 0.7°F, every other cooking thermometer is accurate to 2°F which is useless

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 15, 2020

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Question from Debate & Discussion: if one can't find a better one, will a meat thermometer do, or will it be wildly inaccurate? I asked him to clarify if it's digital or analog
How long is a piece of string?

It's certainly possible that a cooking thermometer will be calibrated well enough, but I sure as poo poo wouldn't lay money on it. A Mk4 Thermapen is +/- 0.7 F/0.4 C when it's new, for example. Most oral thermometers at least claim a +/- 0.2 F/0.1 C accuracy (although I have no idea how many actually do, or how fast they fall out of calibration).

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
What can be done with:

Blanched spinach, baby carrots, mushrooms, egg whites, frozen chicken breast, broccoli

Is allergic to cheese, doesn't like cooked lemon, doesn't like shakshuka

I already suggested curry would work with most of those

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Chicken pot pie, spinach mushroom omelets, chicken soup

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

:siren: I HAVE A PROJECT FOR ALL OF YOU :siren:

Doubtless, a bunch of your Facebook friends bought a bunch of food and don’t know poo poo about cooking. They might screw up a lot of dishes or maybe get paralyzed with the fear of not knowing wtf to do with the food they bought and let it rot.

PUT A CALL OUT ON FACEBOOK for anyone who has cooking questions and offer to give them cooking guidance!

This is not the time to get angry about chicken cheese type of poo poo there is going to be plenty of chicken cheese Easy-Bake-Oven type poo poo out there! Do not turn up your noses! Help your friends learn basics, explain like they’re five!

(It’s entirely possible nobody will bite)

Sorry, I closed my facebook account a couple of months ago. Everyone I don't text regularly is now dead to me and I've never been happier.

Steve Yun posted:

Make instant ramen slightly nutritious!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

BBQ Dave posted:

Sorry, I closed my facebook account a couple of months ago. Everyone I don't text regularly is now dead to me and I've never been happier.

It's so nice to live this way.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Going to try and start a sourdough starter again with all this inside time. I got a bread bible last time I was unemployed and then fell off the wagon when I had to work again. Also I have a bunch of Thai chiles and might try and turn them into a hot sauce.

Schmeichy fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 16, 2020

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
prob should just turn this into the C-SPAM coronavirus food thread

https://www.budgetbytes.com/pantry-recipes/

PDF with all US FDA gov't recommended fridge and freezer times

https://www.fda.gov/media/74435/download (auto-download PDF)

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
I like this cookbook recommended in the OP of the vegan thread, it teaches how to stock and use pantry basics

http://lbveg.com/freebook.php

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm going to make some hardtack. It was good enough for the Battle of Gettysburg.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Viruses don't survive in raw milk, right? Just bacteria?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/dyg5am/japanese-people-are-reviving-a-1000-year-old-dish-because-of-coronavirus?utm_source=digg

Japanese People Are Reviving a 1,000-Year-Old Dish Because of Coronavirus

quote:

in Japan, rumors that dairy farmers could lose their jobs due to a virus-related milk surplus have caused well-meaning residents to buy more milk than they know what to do with.

As a result, people have been making a milk-based food that hasn’t really been eaten in the country for the past 1,000 years or so. The cheese-like so or su (蘇) was reportedly a luxury food from the Asuka period (538-710 AD) to the Heian period (795-1185) and is considered to be Japan’s first dairy product. At the time—and depending on which historical account you’re scrolling through—so was eaten by the aristocracy for either medicinal reasons or just as a straight-up dessert. It was also possibly given as a gift to assorted emperors.

Regardless of its purpose then, so is having a moment now, because what else are you going to do with those five extra gallons of milk? According to SoraNews24, there’s no exact recipe, but a book that was finished in 927 has a set of “governmental regulations” regarding its preparation. The general idea was to boil down approximately 18 liters (4.76 gallons) of milk until there’s only 1.8 liters (.48 gallons) left. That results in a dense dairy solid that can be sliced and eaten.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
So it's Japanese brunost? That's pretty cool.

We made a zillion gnocchi last night. Will get us through the week I think.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

This is really interesting. I can't wait to see how this time period affects cooking

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Rather die than eat gluten free pasta

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Rather die than eat gluten free pasta

It's kinda wild seeing what items in every section are the nerd that doesn't get invited to the dance. Locally in frozen veg it's okra, which is nuts because okra owns. Similarly all the soft cheeses are loving gone but there's still blocks of hard cheeses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
For the record, the run on groceries is kinda stupid because the warehouses basically have infinite food and supplies they just need you to calm the gently caress down so they can move them from the warehouses to the store. Just get enough to self isolate for two weeks.

You can still get plenty of food as takeout at restaurants because it supports them from going under and minimizes your exposure. Make sure to tip because tip earners are getting hosed.

Also, everyone should stockpile a couple weeks worth of food at all times anyways because earthquakes, hurricanes, blizzards, etc.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 17, 2020