Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
my baked bean recipe calls for me to discard the fat/skin from my smoked ham hock. I used to just give it to the dogs as a treat, but I don't have dogs any more :(

What can I do with the skin off a ham hock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Steve Yun posted:

Bake and eat like a potato chip? Use binder clips to keep it stretched flat on a cooling rack or something

SubG posted:

The canonical Southern approach to pork rind is to fry for a couple minutes and then bake/roast on a rack. You can bake/roast and then fry if you want a more chicharron-type thing (less like a rasher of bacon, more like puffy bag-of-pork-rinds pork rinds).

this is a great idea! I loved chicharron when I visted Seville so it makes sense to try at home!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
that looks tasty. Quince paste is another good thing, great to have with cheese and a good jam substitute too.

I've been making a simplfied variant of this Rick Stein curry a bit, I think it's going into regular apocalypse rotation now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/potato_and_pea_curry_19537

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
This Cavolo Nero, Salami & Borlotti Bean dish was great and really works for quarrantine situation, especially if you can grow the kale/whatever yourself.

Don't do like I did and overcook the beans.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Can confirm greatness of that Kale Delivery System. My sister-in-law introduced us to that one and it’s 11/10