Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Seafood City is sort of a hardcore asian market

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

ughhhh posted:

Anyone got a good recipe for sourdough with proper preparation for starter? The recipe I'm using has too much hydration and mine came out less than ideal.

i like chef john's, its easy for a single boule and comes out great. i think it can be hydrated more than he does, esp. if you are using any whole wheat: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/2...d=st_trending_s

e: are you using a dutch oven?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Suspect Bucket posted:

Meat is gone, only beans remain.

and nothing of value was lost

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

roast and chill the beets then slice them over a romaine and shredded celery salad.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

check the vegan cooking thread for recipes that aren't just meat replacement, but the simplest answer to your question is just buy veggie burgers and pasta sauce with no meat. they cook up identically in terms of time and effort.

TVP (textured vegetable protein), carne soya, soy protein - all the same name for a dirt cheap 'meat replacement' that is very shelf stable. i use this in my ragu and eat quick pasta for at least a couple meals a week.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

its been my experience for years that the less effort a vegetarian food puts into being a 'meat replacement', the more delicious the result is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

gonna make that gobi. yall cant stop me