Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Secx posted:

Go in your tavern. Next to the exit door there is a guestbook. If you click on it you'll be able to invite guests. One of the option is to invite Veronica to your tavern. Its free the first time you invite her everyday. After you've invited her, trigger a loading screen, like going to another town. Come back to your tavern. She'll be sitting at one of the tables. Talk to her and give her the food she's requesting as a gift. You might need to cook it first with Ban. She'll give you a buff that gives you 20% additional gold when selling stuff in town. You should only be selling the gold chests you have while this buff is active. Also note that the buff only works when selling to the shopkeepers in a town. It doesn't apply if you're selling from your inventory UI.

What the gently caress how did I not know about this..

Thanks for the heads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Ill get more of this stuff added to OP as it comes up. Just a heads up, please keep that friend/knighthood sheet up to date. Some people have applied that aren't on the sheet. I've let them in for now, but once we get full I'm going to purge unknowns for confirmed goons.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mugaaz posted:

Ill get more of this stuff added to OP as it comes up. Just a heads up, please keep that friend/knighthood sheet up to date. Some people have applied that aren't on the sheet. I've let them in for now, but once we get full I'm going to purge unknowns for confirmed goons.

I just opened up chapter 5 and I'm working my way through it. My dudes seem to be massively under CP'd though.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Whats the best way to up combat class of a character without evolving them? I want to get my Red Liz to 16k to get the heal passive but don’t want to bring her up to UR.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

I just opened up chapter 5 and I'm working my way through it. My dudes seem to be massively under CP'd though.

I'm kind of in the same boat, getting to the point where I have to actually try. But yeah I seem to have hit a CP wall and don't know what I can really do about it.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Whoreson Welles posted:

Whats the best way to up combat class of a character without evolving them? I want to get my Red Liz to 16k to get the heal passive but don’t want to bring her up to UR.

Raise their equipment. Getting an ssr their passive is tough, but doable following the gear guidelines in the op.

You'll probably need to awaken then a few times too.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Red Liz has really low base CC for some reason. I unlocked the passive of some lvl 50 SSR units by just swapping my best equipment and it was enough (including green EliHawk), but Red Liz is still missing 1k CC.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Sucks because I’m p sure I can’t beat that final hendrickson without her passive heal. I don’t have Green Mel so I have to use him from the support pool.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I need someone wiser than me in the ways of this game to help me with some basic team building and resource allocation. I'm not doing bad pull-wise. I might have squandered some resources (and my wallet) here or there pulling when I should have been saving, but I have a solid roster. My standard go-to team is green Elizabeth (with blue Meliodas), green Melidoas (with Diane), red Howzer (with Gilthunder), and blue King in reserve (with Ban), but when I have to do boss fights I usually switch Ban in since Howzer is all AoE. I feel like something is lacking power wise and I can't put my finger on it. I have blue Slater and green Jericho who I know are solid. Are they - or anyone else I have in reserve - worth buffing up and moving to my A-team?

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

New Leaf posted:

I need someone wiser than me in the ways of this game to help me with some basic team building and resource allocation. I'm not doing bad pull-wise. I might have squandered some resources (and my wallet) here or there pulling when I should have been saving, but I have a solid roster. My standard go-to team is green Elizabeth (with blue Meliodas), green Melidoas (with Diane), red Howzer (with Gilthunder), and blue King in reserve (with Ban), but when I have to do boss fights I usually switch Ban in since Howzer is all AoE. I feel like something is lacking power wise and I can't put my finger on it. I have blue Slater and green Jericho who I know are solid. Are they - or anyone else I have in reserve - worth buffing up and moving to my A-team?

I feel like this was already covered in OP. You want to setup an auto-farm team first. You have 2/3rs of it already - Red Howzer and Green ElizHawk. You're missing the Blue Weinheidt. In the interim just use anyone else that is also good for something. I think Blue story King is much, much better than Meliodas. Blue King is worth completely maxing it out in every way. Just raise your levels, gear, and awakening on those 3 for now.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Mugaaz posted:

I feel like this was already covered in OP. You want to setup an auto-farm team first. You have 2/3rs of it already - Red Howzer and Green ElizHawk. You're missing the Blue Weinheidt. In the interim just use anyone else that is also good for something. I think Blue story King is much, much better than Meliodas. Blue King is worth completely maxing it out in every way. Just raise your levels, gear, and awakening on those 3 for now.

I do have Weinheidt, he's just beside Slader. I've got him to SSR.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

New Leaf posted:

I do have Weinheidt, he's just beside Slader. I've got him to SSR.

I missed it, then you have the team already, they're just underpowered. I can solo extreme mode boss battles with that team.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Mugaaz posted:

I missed it, then you have the team already, they're just underpowered. I can solo extreme mode boss battles with that team.

So I need them all UR and I'm set?

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

New Leaf posted:

So I need them all UR and I'm set?

UR them, take them past UR, awaken them to +4 (eventually to +6 but 5 and 6 are much harder), upgrade your gear per guide, level your support units, put some non-leveled garbage roll SSR gear on your supports to bump up stats further.

*** Note to everyone ***
We got half stamina on free stages today and tomorrow. You should be prioritizing farming SSR gear by chaining the quest cycle. This should be higher priority than anything other than completing story. When you go to sleep at night, auto farm one of the EASY food stages for the ingredients to make gold food.

This weekend, Sat-Sun, we get half stamina in the SP dungeon. You should autofarm the highest level book stage non-stop during the half stamina period there. After which, you can sell them for gold at a very good rate. This is important because you will need to have 6million gold saved before 3/15.

For 3/15-3/21 we are getting a "village donation" event. You can donate 1million gold to a city to get 1 of each pendant R/SR/SSR. We have 6 cities now, so you need 6 million to get 6 R, 6 SR, and 6 SSR pendants. This is absolutely worth doing. SSR pendants don't seem that valuable now, but we are going to be roadblocked by these permanently for the entire run of the game.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

What exactly do you mean by gold food, and what recipe and stage do you suggest? Are you implying that you should use all your stamina potions for this?

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

New Leaf posted:

What exactly do you mean by gold food, and what recipe and stage do you suggest? Are you implying that you should use all your stamina potions for this?

Food that boosts gold by 100%, which you use during raids since they give a lot of gold. These are the various pudding recipes you can see on Ban's list in the tavern. The stage depends on which recipe and mats it needs, just click on the recipe, then click on one of the materials to see what stage it is, then farm it on easy. Yes, you should burn stamina potions on this. It is 2 energy per run, combined with stamina regen rate and time it takes to complete, its not very expensive. You're going to be using gold food forever. You can also do any recipe that you want to max out affinity for a character you care about.

Mugaaz fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 13, 2020

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Created a Goon discord for 7DS:

https://discord.gg/BJeaGcW

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Do you need to have your villages at a certain level for the donation event? I haven't leveled all mine yet, and can do that before then probably.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Gerdalti posted:

Do you need to have your villages at a certain level for the donation event? I haven't leveled all mine yet, and can do that before then probably.

I'm not certain. Since it is an event, I am guessing no. If you do need it, the village only needs to be level 4 for donations.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Finally beat Ch 6 and applied to Goonsquad. Would have just skipped the gear headache and upgraded Red Liz to UR beforehand if I knew there was a quest to do it afterwards anyway but oh well.

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

So I just realized that I might've been enhancing my gear incorrectly... When you're upgrading gear going from 1* to 2* onward do the substats you roll on the way accumulate? The in game tooltip makes me think it doesn't. I've been aggressively rerolling substats on a 1* piece of C gear then awakening it to 2* immediately after. Did I throw away a ton of gold for no reason?

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

You can go back and reroll any part of the piece later, there's no need to have everything perfect before upgrading it further. They'll all still be there and rerollable when you click on "change stats."

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

great big cardboard tube posted:

You can go back and reroll any part of the piece later, there's no need to have everything perfect before upgrading it further. They'll all still be there and rerollable when you click on "change stats."

All the stats are cumulative right? Like +atk on all the slots?

JagGator
Oct 31, 2012
Another non-obvious thing I just discovered is you aren’t limited to selecting from just the 5 friend units at the bottom of the battle prep screen. You can scroll to the right to pick from tons more!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

JagGator posted:

Another non-obvious thing I just discovered is you aren’t limited to selecting from just the 5 friend units at the bottom of the battle prep screen. You can scroll to the right to pick from tons more!

Yeah if you are using bluestacks widescreen you can see them all lol

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

Right, the question can be rephrased as what's the most substats you can get on an item slot? Is it 15% for main stats? You can reroll at any time but I was getting say 2.5% or higher attack on every roll for a 1* then awakening it and the substats disappeared and I would reroll everything again at 2* all in the same enhancing session. I did this for probably 3 pieces of gear up to 5* thinking that I was getting 15% per awakening tier.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Yes, you get 1 slot per awakening level and that slot never goes away and adds in with the rest. 15% is the max for a main stat. I've never seen them disappear, little confused on that bit.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

When you just click on the gear piece it should show for example if it was maxed "Attack +15%" and when you click "Change Stats" it should bring you to a window with all of them separated and you can click on any to reroll them individually.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Waltchelg posted:

Right, the question can be rephrased as what's the most substats you can get on an item slot? Is it 15% for main stats? You can reroll at any time but I was getting say 2.5% or higher attack on every roll for a 1* then awakening it and the substats disappeared and I would reroll everything again at 2* all in the same enhancing session. I did this for probably 3 pieces of gear up to 5* thinking that I was getting 15% per awakening tier.

Each substat has its own range. Attack is 1-3% IIRC, with 15% total being the max. Other non main stat subs have larger rangers. The rest of your post makes no sense to me, substats don't disappear or change upon higher levels of awakening. There is now way for them to change other than you manually rolling.

Everyone finds the gear very confusing. It seems straightforward to me, but I've never been able to communicate it to someone else and have them get it. Maybe I will add some pictures to the OP.

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

Nevermind, I'm stupid. I had this bizarre thought that I was rolling hp % 5 separate times per * tier on a piece of gear. I was doing it correctly the whole time just remembering incorrectly.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I just added myself to the spreadsheet and applied for the guild by the way, been done with chapter 6 a while but I joined a random guild right away for the free SSR ticket and didn't realize it locks you out for 24 hours after quitting one, good to go now.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Everyone should be added.

Protip: When autofarming food stages on easy during half energy event, set your team to be one AoE unit and nothing else. It goes much, much faster that way. One unit can autofarm these on easy with little issue.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Mugaaz posted:

Everyone should be added.

Protip: When autofarming food stages on easy during half energy event, set your team to be one AoE unit and nothing else. It goes much, much faster that way. One unit can autofarm these on easy with little issue.

Hah. I didnt even realize I could choose to not bring a full team.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Just started playing, been playing for like an hour.

Should newbies also save 6m gold for this event?
How long does it take me to get to chapter 6 so i can join the guild?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ineptitude posted:

Just started playing, been playing for like an hour.

Should newbies also save 6m gold for this event?
How long does it take me to get to chapter 6 so i can join the guild?

A while. Game has only been out a week or so but Ch6 was just added earlier this week. I've been playing it as a side game for a week and put a fair number of hours into it but I haven't gotten to 6 yet.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

So I have just been spending evolution medals wherever I wanted and I've hit a point in the main story where it wants me to UR both Meliodas and Gowther. I have 0 SR medals, and I suddenly find myself needing 13 to advance. What the gently caress do I do?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

New Leaf posted:

So I have just been spending evolution medals wherever I wanted and I've hit a point in the main story where it wants me to UR both Meliodas and Gowther. I have 0 SR medals, and I suddenly find myself needing 13 to advance. What the gently caress do I do?

Refresh and farm the Event stage in Solgres that gives pendants and hope. You can also trade gold coins for them 1 to 1.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Honestly, you're going to roadblocked for a while. Do all the events, spend all your saved orbs in the SP dungeon, collect daily rewards. Other than that, all you can do is buy them for gold coins. The tightest resource in this game is pendants, not gems. Don't spend pendants frivolously.

Mugaaz fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Mar 13, 2020

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Blargh.. I ended up buying my way out of it with my gold coin reserve. I'm probably going to regret it down the road but most of those are from characters I'm not using.

Also, is it just me or are the bosses for the 6th floor Blue rooms in Fort Solgres absurdly overpowered compared to the others?

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Blargh.. I ended up buying my way out of it with my gold coin reserve. I'm probably going to regret it down the road but most of those are from characters I'm not using.

Also, is it just me or are the bosses for the 6th floor Blue rooms in Fort Solgres absurdly overpowered compared to the others?

The Dragon boss is an order of magnitude stronger than every other boss there.