Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Time to stop the spread of the doseasr and cull the feverheads.

I'll meet all healthy citizens of BYOB at Pipe Storage

Edit: More like Snipe Storage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
leasing TP on Craigslist owns

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Escape From Noise

Just realized this must be a harrowing time for ButtTheShitmanFart. I'm sure he uses far more tp than the average person.

Mr. Dick

by Cyrano4747
Nothing to eat but olives, sardines and squirrel. Things couldn't have worked out better had Mr. Dick planned them.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ulvir

Uxzuigal posted:

norway represent
awoooooooooooooooo

you should join wolfcrew

what’s wolfcrew

Doxxieh posted:

please don't make the mistake some other poor bastard did and leave a mirror behind you or stand up and forget
or do I'm not your dad

maybe i can find some funny underwear so that if i do make that mistake, it will at least appear intended

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

ulvir posted:

what’s wolfcrew

maybe i can find some funny underwear so that if i do make that mistake, it will at least appear intended

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3899750&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post498998169

<3 <3 Vanisher

Doxxieh

ulvir posted:

what’s wolfcrew

I'll know
you'll know
we'll all know

what could possibly be worse?

ulvir

Doxxieh posted:

what could possibly be worse?

the underwear being tighty whities

Goons Are Gifts

Hijacking this thread for virus stuff to post about virus stuff in byob, the health forum!! :pirate:

I'll hug you all in here but in a lovely way

Areola Grande

my friends irl all call me Billy Ray Vyrus :airquote:

xcheopis

Virus stuff is overwhelming my office. I'm a low-level doofus who isn't directly involved with clients and my boss went on leave before March, so I'm mostly affected by not receiving data and such because everyone is hyperfocused on this crisis. Which is how it should be! But I worry about my direct service co-workers and also worry because I'm on immune suppressants but can't work from home.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

it's time to start raiding guys. you don't want to be behind the curve here

right now the pickings are easy. every bathroom has a 99% chance of dropping at least one roll of toilet paper, and that number's going to go down quick

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Stoner Sloth

xcheopis posted:

Virus stuff is overwhelming my office. I'm a low-level doofus who isn't directly involved with clients and my boss went on leave before March, so I'm mostly affected by not receiving data and such because everyone is hyperfocused on this crisis. Which is how it should be! But I worry about my direct service co-workers and also worry because I'm on immune suppressants but can't work from home.

please stay safe friend!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

owlhawk911

i hitchhiked from omaha to denver and flew through seattle with a 9 hour layover to get back to alaska, smoking weed with everyone i met along the way. now that i've made it home, i've stocked up and avoided leaving the house. but it's a squat house and my fellow squatters keep going out to party and do crimes. there's a big pile of cheap tp, i think they must've stripped every public restroom in town and in lieu of hand sanitizer we've got ~16 gallons of camp stove fuel (denatured alcohol). some of them wear gas masks when they go out, but take them off to blaze with the crew when they get back. we have 2 oxygen concentrators, but only one bottle and it fills super slow. they're kinda hard to find! i ordered a bunch of guaifenesin because i heard the killer symptom was lungs filling up/not being able to breathe, so maybe that will be useful. already got plenty of alka-seltzer, ibuprofen, and dxm. on the plus side we've got terabytes of media for entertainment and a long-running weed grow that puts out around 4lbs/6weeks as long as the lights stay on. my van has solar but it's really only enough for lights/fridge/laptop and the batteries are getting kinda old. there's plenty of food to last until the salmon runs, i'm not worried about that

please rate my preps a la the hit nat-geo program 'doomsday preppers'

owlhawk911

starting work on plans for a diy ventilator. basically a bellows made of cardboard and grocery bags and a length of garden hose. i took emt 1 training in college so i'm pretty sure this is how it works. improvise, adapt, overcome!

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

Slumpy posted:

costco is on fire atm its on the news. twisted metal characters are driving down my street and calypso is on tv promising a miracle for the winner

me, walking down the street carrying big boxes of toilet paper all over me like death stranding while dodging twisted metal cars and their missiles, ricochet bombs, special attacks, etc. on the way back to costco to return the toilet paper I hoarded after having remorse bc of the news: gently caress, man :gonk:

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Daring mother effer's to try and steal my tp.

Some of it hasn't been sprayed with mace, some has.

You feelin' lucky, binch?

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Goons Are Gifts

That's how the world will end. Not with a bang, but with toilet paper rolling through the desert like tumbleweed.

biosterous

no beef or poultry (or pork, but that doesn't affect me) at the grocery store! got some salmon fillets though, and i made a lot of leftover-able food last week so we're golden for a few weeks.

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

xcheopis

Local stores have people panic buying a bunch of stuff, which I think is pretty funny. We're in earthquake/fire/mud slide/PG&E country, people, how do you not already have a couple weeks worth of food?!?

A young man at Berkeley Bowl told me people were buying up cooked chicken, which is even funnier. Their butcher ran out of turkey on Friday. All the very average bread was gone but the good stuff, in a different section of the store, was still fully stocked.

biosterous

boss is giving me a ride to work tomorrow so i don't have to take public transit :woop:

and our company is very small, so this means i will come in contact with four other people at maximum.

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Out of sheer luck,I did a big grocery shopping right before the stores were ransacked. Went back a couple of days later to empty shelves and cashiers in masks. Very surreal.

xcheopis

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Out of sheer luck,I did a big grocery shopping right before the stores were ransacked. Went back a couple of days later to empty shelves and cashiers in masks. Very surreal.

I watched a Livestream of the Grand Princess docking at Port of Oakland. It was surreal seeing isolation tents, people in biohazard gear, and a line of ambulances less than a couple of miles from me. That last time things felt this off was after the '89 quake.

cda

by Hand Knit
On 9/11 I went to the grocery store at lunch to buy some food and everyone was walking around in kind of a daze, still doing their habitual shopping stuff, nobody acknowledging openly that poo poo was completely hosed up, and the last two times I've been to the store it's like that again

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

cda posted:

On 9/11 I went to the grocery store at lunch to buy some food and everyone was walking around in kind of a daze, still doing their habitual shopping stuff, nobody acknowledging openly that poo poo was completely hosed up, and the last two times I've been to the store it's like that again

Yep

Escape From Noise

Things are kind of back to normal here in Osaka. Mostly. I went to Kyoto last night and met up with a coworker to go to some beer things. We both got off at Osaka station at like 11. When we got out of the ticket gate he commented on how dead it was, which is weird. Even at midnight that station is usually really crowded. Overall though business has picked up again. I also still have TP because I bought a huge pack before the outbreak, I'm single, and I'm livin' that bidet life.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

cda posted:

And the thing I've been telling myself is that we got through that, for the most part.

This is probably the biggest disruption to the ordinary American citizen's life since 9/11 or the 1970s oil crises or ww2, and I can only hope we'll make it though this too.

For better or worse, I work by myself for myself, so I can self-isolate and still work! Unfortunately the stock market being down 20% doesn't bode well for having much work to do.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Dead Hippie Ghost

tears for queers
afk -> you know me
sponsored by Healer LLC
I also am able to work from home, which is a godsend as my girlfriend works in schools and they're being closed for at least two weeks

Goons Are Gifts

Everything got closed here and I went to the last of my usual back up places a day before they also are forced to close. The entire city is like a ghost town already, some people even imply they don't want to see me because I've not been at home for the past two days and instead walked around. :ohdear:

Work is completely off indefinitely as the university has stopped any and all operation. Just today the state government issued state-wide emergency enforcements which overrides the previous city rules, no sports, no access to public buildings, reduced public transportation, full ban on all events, entertainment establishments of all kinds have to close, only supermarkets and pharmacies and public safety institutions are able to remain open.

I cannot even tell how much it feels like a Sunday today.

Escape From Noise

Woah. That's wild. Even at it's worse it was never quite that level here

google THIS

Feeling lucky I work remotely atm so I just have minimal disruption there. All restaurants and bars closed tonight, leaving a lot of people effectively jobless, as well as the last few group activities that hadn't bowed out yet. Everyone's saying until the end of March but that may be overly optimistic.

Escape From Noise

Yeah I can't imagine what that's going to mean for restaurant workers. I get that it needs to be done but America has basically no safety net for people in that situation.

Goons Are Gifts

Official government statement is an also very optimistic April 10th, 20th for schools and public institutions, but everyone kinda knows that this is nothing but a wild guess and given that basically everything that isn't vital to stability it puts masses of businesses into very serious trouble and in a completely unforeseeable future, as they have to pay for stuff and are not allowed to conduct any business.

cda

by Hand Knit
It's some loving crazy poo poo, is what it is.

cda

by Hand Knit
*takes a big red stamp that says hosed UP and brings it down hard on la coroñavirus*

Goons Are Gifts

President keeps saying we have to make sacrifices, does this man have any goddamn idea how hard it is to get even more baby goats in times like this??

DeathCrabForCutie
oh fuc-
hopefully only people who suck die :(

don't really know what else to say, but I hope if you're reading this you're safe.

DeathCrabForCutie fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 16, 2020

sig by Pot Smoke Phoenix!

Areola Grande

word on the street here in missourah is that a lockdown from working is coming tomorrow for everyone. In a red state with an exhausting work ethic, I'll believe it when I see it

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Doxxieh

Goons Are Great posted:

President keeps saying we have to make sacrifices, does this man have any goddamn idea how hard it is to get even more baby goats in times like this??

hold on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Attention local youth: Please tp my house

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!