Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i am largely purposely avoiding this thread because it's not something i can joke about. my sister in law and her kids all have it, and i'm worried a lot about them. i'm worried my mom is going to get it and she is in chemo for cancer. i'm worried i'm going to get it and i'm immunocompromised and somehow "essential" when my job is printing things and staring into space and thinking about soap flavors vs soap scents. it's ridiculous. i'm living in a hellscape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I would be lying if I said I was not terrified.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My mortgage payment :negative:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Most mortgage companies know that foreclosing on a million homes is not in their best interest. (interest! It's funny!) There will be programs in place to delay payments, and assistance to help with them. I know this isn't perfect, but it's not as bad as it could be.

You'll be safe, Hamjobs. You have to be. We're counting on you.

The only bright spot is that my cough is likely from anxiety and asthma complications right now (my nebulizer died and I have to wait until the 2ns for the new one to get here).

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm trying to get my job to furlough me or at least let me work from home.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My job could be entirely done from home. Entirely.

That's the part that pisses me off so much. They're making me risk not just my life but other people's lives so I can email people about soap.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I called out of work.

gently caress it.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i am considerably worried about my best friend right now because he thinks he's got it

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

Oh, no!
Has he been able to talk to an advice nurse?

not yet. trying to convince him to call in. ROE, if you see this post, call the fuckin advice line you hoser.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

reignofevil posted:

I don't know what they could possibly tell me except 'yup fatigue sore throat chest pains that sounds about right please go to the hospital if you start coughing up blood or have a fever'. This isn't to say that I think people shouldn't seek help but for real I'm not sure what they could possibly advise me on that I'm not already doing!

call the ding dang number you nub

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

reignofevil posted:

They took my information down. I'm expecting a call back before the end of the day. Hopefully they actually do so.

good.

i'll call you in a bit but i worry.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Are you also in Missouri? In this case the Ozarks?

he's in PA

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

We sold 600 cases of toilet paper in 24 hours

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm freaking out and there's nobody to talk to say my office so I'm yelling into the void

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My therapist told me today I should quit my job because the stress is literally making me dissociate more than I already do.

Yay trauma response!!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm staying as unsober as I can right now because my coping skills are weed and also weed

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Macnult posted:

down the street from my parents house is a table set up with free lunches available to anyone. very little food has gone to waste, maybe 2 or 3 bags left at the end of the day, and our community has been great with making sure it’s replenished on a daily basis

today my brother and i helped my mom with making these lunches. mask on, gloves on, and even sanitizing the laundry basket beforehand

I love y'all for this. Thank you for helping my unhoused and food insecure siblings.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

thanks for mentioning this. I did hear about this a while back and thought it sounded potentially very promising but what with new stuff cropping up on a daily basis it was driven right out of my mind. great to hear an update on it.

also on promising news, I heard the other day on one of dr. john campbell's youtube videos (I find these a great resource by the way) that thailand already has an antibody blood test (a finger prick test) up and running. that sounds awesome, I really hope that means we can look forward to significant numbers of antibody tests in other parts of the world in the near future.

South Korea has one running as well! I'm heartened by this.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

prepuce repurposed posted:

glad to see u chillin in this thread

attempting to chill; my ability to chill is impinged by a global loving pandemic tho.

the only chill i have is animal crossing

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

biosterous posted:

going grocery shopping today makes me want to yell PISSSSSSSSS really loud

I'm at work and just solidarity hollered piss for you buddy

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

John Prine died and I’m really sad about it

https://youtu.be/oPwq0YoOy4g

This is heartbreaking. I'm actually in tears over this because he's one of my heroes.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

kuskus posted:

Chicago's mayor was riding around in a squad car in my neighborhood yelling at people who were out running to "go home." I think it's a PR stunt because we are allowed to be outside for exercise while social distancing... but I absolutely understand the sentiment and how critical it is that we all do our part.

If you have US postage stamps, consider mailing funny drawings to friends and family because the postal service is being excluded from bailouts and might not exist very soon! I am making some watercolor postcards.

My mom and I live a few hours apart and we had trained for the past year to have bees this year. She's older and I didn't want to bring anything viral to her so she installed the queen packages without me on Sunday. Beekeeping over FaceTime. Good news is, when this dies down, bees! :angel: and maybe honey and mead. And putting my mold making to use making really bizarre beeswax objects. Let me know what object you want in beeswax.

A fellow beekeeper! HP and I both keep bees; I'm doing it for honey and wax for candle and balm making. What are you going to do with your wax, candles?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

They will take my god damned titty money and LIKE IT

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

kuskus posted:

I've gotten pretty good at sculpting in VR, 3d printing that, turning that into candles or chocolate with vacuum forming or pourable silicone, so I can make some functional pieces w/ beezwax. I suppose candles but I can also make busts of local heroes or individuals upon requests. That said I am still rearing brood so I don't want to put my corncob-shaped facial accessories before the horse!! Before I self-isolated, knowing the bees would be installed without me, I made my mom 8 gallons of syrup, some medicated, got top feeders sorted, made 50 protein patties and grease patties, gave them beetle traps, etc. So they are pretty well set w/o me but I DO want to be there and live for every photo sent to me.

I am eager to hopefully taste the bees' interpretation of the prairie they live in. There is mountain mint, goldenrod, aster, all kinds of stuff. I want to make cocktails from the honey syrup, dying to drink a Bee's Knees.
What kind of stuff do your bees have in their area?

We have A LOT of clover, violets, catmint, goldenrod and all manner of vegetable flora in my little acreage. There's a lot of fruit trees too--really looking forward to the peach blossom honey from the orchard this year.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

a thing that my company is doing:

we're selling n95 masks for like ten cents above cost per piece and we sold out of all 700k in less than ten minutes today.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

We're focused more on surgical masks, for clients.

i am still mad that my company is attempting to make money off of the sale of a necessary product but...that's capitalism.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

prepuce repurposed posted:

Who'd have thunk it. Mordor is only like 10 miles from the Shire

They're taking the hobbits to Isengard

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Coming out of quarantine with extra nipples myself

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm sorry, PSP :glomp:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Xcheopsis, thank you for doing your job, though. Because of you, people are surviving this. Thank you, from the bottom of my formerly unhoused heart.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My boss was approved for the magical bailout money and then got told lol sorry there's no more money. My job is probably going away soon.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It is ok, I am not so worried about me right now as I am about other people who need it to survive

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Slush Garbo posted:

hehehe give them yarn jobs

yarnies

The threat is real, I may end up giving a lot of people yarn jobs if I get laid off. We may all be dyeing yarn.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm real close to losing my poo poo at work because both bosses are "working from home" meaning micromanaging my email, I'm here with two twenty year old kids and I've got an entire series of fuckups from one of our manufacturing partners that is making it hard to do business. Oh and customers screaming at me because of those fuckups because the vendor isn't going to be the one to call the customer.

I wanna go home.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

Is it possible to tell off your bosses?

Nope. They wouldn't care and would just fire me anyway.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

We sold out of Pathos wipes and people are losing their poo poo on me. I do not control the supply of virucidal wipes, please stop yelling at me.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Goons Are Great posted:

I just bailed on an online class.
Call me baby, I dunno, I can't do this, like, at all. We don't have the capacities, the motivation, the technical abilities or the will to do this properly and the entire university isn't made for this and having an argument with seconds of delay and a non-working web interface is just dumb. We get no support in this at all because the tech guys are hopelessly overwhelmed, my internet connection can't even handle lag free conversation and I hate working from home anyways, not to mention spending hours on preparing documents that now aren't even accessible because the entire server infrastructure died due to overload. No wonders, this was never meant to be used that way, it was just a tool to distribute some documents, keep track of deadlines and talk via internal email, not to teach 35000 students on full online classes.

God I rather enter a boxing fight with my boss (who himself doesn't even own a laptop for work lol) than doing this.

:glomp:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Crying at work is normal and good and not at all bad

One of the people from another company in the building was infected at some point before they laid off; he's on an ECMO abd probably isn't going to make it.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

:glomp: I am sorry. I loving hate this and I don't have good words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i decided the kind of stress relief i need right now is applying for another phd program at the local university in cannabis sciences

dr weed