Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
FluffieDuckie

Attention local youth: Please tp my house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

cda posted:

*eschew

"askew" means "at an angle"

they are pronounced very similarly

what are you, an english teacher?

FluffieDuckie

our local family court has a window for payments. i guess for court costs or legal fees or child support or something idk.

that was the first place i saw a sign saying they wouldn't take money taken from a bra

so for the next 4 hours while i was sitting in the waiting room i entertained myself trying to guess who had money in their bra

FluffieDuckie

prepuce repurposed posted:

joke's on them; it was you

dammit i never looked there

FluffieDuckie

I just spent an hour ripping elastic out of an old fitted sheet to use in making masks.

Now I’m too tired to make the masks.

FluffieDuckie

Also my daughter’s college is looking at making fall semester all online as well. We’re never going to get to leave our house again.

FluffieDuckie

Im so sorry John Glenn.

Please try not to panic yet. I have a friend in her 60s with respiratory problems who had it and fought it off. She’s already back to her grumpy old self.

FluffieDuckie

dreamfluff cake?? where has this thing been all my life?

FluffieDuckie

hows your wife john glenn?

FluffieDuckie

I just found out that my 85 year old uncle has been out every day of the quarantine

his most recent deal is packing his car with people and going to taco bell to get free tacos.

i keep yelling at my cousin to keep him home and cousin just laughs bc you can't tell uncle bob anything

FluffieDuckie

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Part of me of course is worried for Uncle Bob and yet another part of me wishes I make it to 85 so my nieces and nephews exclaim in wonderment and horror at my antics should I get to be that age.

Yeah he’s pretty rad tbh. One of the things he’s been doing is hunting down toilet paper and distributing it to what he calls “the old people”. So far he’s distributed 100 rolls.

He also sleeps with a loaded gun under his pillow which I consider less rad.

FluffieDuckie

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Our tests came back negative, so I guess I go back to work on Monday. Bah

Oh whew!

FluffieDuckie

I'm high as gently caress so I'm onboard with all of this **waves hands around at everything**

FluffieDuckie

we entered Stage 2 of reopening bc our state isn't a wild irresponsible gently caress up (sorry i spoke so harshly) and wants to do this right

now stores are open but we don't go inside, we pick stuff up on the curb. outdoor businesses like nurserys are open as long as they can limit density, that kind of thing. masks are mandatory which makes me feel safer.

there are still about 10 people in my area that gather on the corner and protest the draconian taking of our rights by the dangerous totalitarian government which is mostly amusing. one of them literally has a sign with a picture of a mask with a big X on it. i wonder how many stages of open we'll need to be before they find something better to do

FluffieDuckie

owlhawk911 posted:

some people just really, really don't like being told what to do. even if it's a good idea they might've done anyways. if you've ever had a cop beat your rear end it kinda sticks with you

it's hard because we *are* being oppressed by our dangerous totalitarian surveillance state... and there is also a plague ravaging humanity. masks are an pretty stupid thing to protest, but there are very legitimate issues people have with things like contact tracing programs and mandatory testing. more than one thing can be terrible at a time, you know

i get your point, but this group is mostly upset they have to wear masks and can't get their nails done.

i wish i were joking

FluffieDuckie

google THIS posted:

I like to imagine the mask protestors will move on to protesting hard hat requirements at construction sites.

that's a good point. or child safety seats for the car

FluffieDuckie

you're a good mod gag. whoever picked you out was pretty smart

FluffieDuckie

The Klowner posted:

Is this the hecking hello and chat thread??? I need to say hello and chat!!

this is the chat where we talk about the illness and try to take care of each other. the opt-in part is just opting to talk about it

but i see you found the real chat thread so i guess my work here is done

FluffieDuckie

I’ve purchased many beautiful masks in designer colors so I know the haters just don’t “get” fashion

FluffieDuckie

I wish nothing but the absolute worst for those people who, when the chips are down and people really need help and are suffering, decide to do the exact opposite and make the suffering worse for the downtrodden. If you weren't born with a sense of compassion, and there are people who actually DO fall into that category- then I feel sorry for you.

But most of these people know they're contributing to the suffering, and they do it simply because it's mean- and I hope the comeuppance starts with them when it's time for justice to be served.

Yes I also have been disappointed on many levels.

Like you’d like to think that if the human race was facing extinction we’d band together to try to save ourselves, but it’s getting harder to believe that.

FluffieDuckie

cda posted:

I mean, to be fair, I can't even keep my kitchen clean, so as for banding together to save the human race from extinction, that kind of seems like a stretch, but I'm highly supportive of other people doing it as long as they don't make more loving dishes

Well at least stay out of the way and don’t throw rocks is all I’m saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

I’m glad to see people trying to talk this out to figure out a good solution in a positive way.

FWIW my vote would be a byop thread in cccc. We could have a sticky thread in byob titled “COME TO THIS THREAD TO TALK ABOUT POLITICS” and the only thing in there would be a link to the cccc thread. Then it would be less hidden but still separate.

The concern I have in general about a thread in byob, and to a lesser degree in cccc, is that although I’ll bet we all generally agree on the big drama things going on right now, once you open the convo up, there will be disagreements.

Calm polite disagreement can be fine and healthy. Grudge inducing screaming matches will likely bleed over to byob in general. I’d hate to endanger the community we have built here.

To that point, maybe we try byop on a trial basis and see how it goes?