Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

amusinginquiry posted:

Introducing my exciting new product that disrupts heads from necks, the guillotine

make it Bluetooth enabled so you can run it from an app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
My island is out of hand sanitizer and hand soaps.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The bit about how cream of Olay soap isn't really a soap, but a lotion, somehow fits in this.

Weebus
Feb 26, 2017

quote:

What makes Touchland different?

From its design to ingredients, its brand-to-consumer communication to the experience itself – we have tailored a product that differs from competitors, disrupting every angle possible.

Wtf does this mean, it doesn't even answer the loving question. It's different because it's different something something disruption :psyduck:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Weebus posted:

Wtf does this mean, it doesn't even answer the loving question. It's different because it's different something something disruption :psyduck:
is Touchland safe to touch?
Touchland is a game-changer

is Touchland safe to look at?
Touchland is the versatile, revolutionary tenmax to enjoy happy feelings for the whole family, even your favorite celebrities! Touchland: get it!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Can I just refill my hand sanitizer pump dispenser with 190 proof?
60% (120 proof) is the minimum CDC recommends. 95% (190 proof) being the max. My understanding is at higher concentrations the alcohol evaporates too quickly. You're skin might not appreciate it though.

https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show-me-the-science-hand-sanitizer.html
https://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/Guide_to_Local_Production.pdf?mod=article_inline

Weebus posted:

Businesses don't speak like human beings.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 14, 2020

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Pee is sterile, OP.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Duck and Cover posted:

60% (120 proof) is the minimum CDC recommends. 95% (190 proof) being the max. My understanding is at higher concentrations the alcohol evaporates too quickly. You're skin might not appreciate it though.

70% is supposed to be the best, something about having a bunch of water in there helping the alcohol to penetrate the virus.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I used hand sanitizer in the last few week because I take public transport. I used it as a stop gap solution get in and out of buildings, buses and metro but I won't use it if I have access to actual soap. What I am saying is people that use it at home might need help :(

edit: And if you really need it, you can mix aloe vera gel with rubbing alcohol (need to achieve between 60-70% alcohol concentration like other poster said).

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Mar 14, 2020

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You don’t even need sanitizer or soap just don’t touch your face. You can have germs and poo poo and jizz all over your body and as long as it doesn’t get in your mouth or nose or eyes you’ll be fine.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just bought a travel-sized Touchland and liked how silky smooth it felt. One thing led to another and all I can say is wow. WOW!! This was a tsunami-volcano explosion.

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

as long as it doesn’t get in your mouth or nose or eyes you’ll be fine.

But doctor, I'm a prostitute! That's where everything NEEDS to get into.

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013

Duck and Cover posted:

I'll let you guess how much a 1.3 ounce container of that hand sanitizer costs. Did you guess 12 bucks? Do you feel disrupted yet?

If it was 1.3 gallons for 1.2 bucks, then yes. Also I scrolled past the entire article because I did not have time to read all those words.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

yoloer420 posted:

70% is supposed to be the best, something about having a bunch of water in there helping the alcohol to penetrate the virus.

That's for bacteria, which have a cell envelope that the alcohol needs to get through. Viruses have little to no protection and get zapped by anything from 60% to 100%.

(but 70% is good because killing bacteria is also good, and if you're using it on your hands a lower % doesn't gently caress up your skin as much. afaik most commercial sanitizer is 65% for that reason.)

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Weebus posted:

Duck and Cover posted:

In fact, you’ve never seen a hand sanitizer brand with such a cool Instagram account.

This pretty much answers the question of what they mean. Someone needs to give that bozo lady a swirly, not an "interview."

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Klyith posted:

people will never evolve immunity to bullets

Speak for yourself pal

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
https://twitter.com/jacknicas/status/1238849786356224000

I could easily beat this guy up.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

This pretty much answers the question of what they mean. Someone needs to give that bozo lady a swirly, not an "interview."

Hey I didn't say that! That was the article I'm totally innocent.

quote:

Mr. Colvin said he was simply fixing “inefficiencies in the marketplace.” Some areas of the country need these products more than others, and he’s helping send the supply toward the demand.

“There’s a crushing overwhelming demand in certain cities right now,” he said. “The Dollar General in the middle of nowhere outside of Lexington, Ky., doesn’t have that.”

He thought about it more. “I honestly feel like it’s a public service,” he added. “I’m being paid for my public service.”

You see the bad thing I'm doing? Yeah it isn't actually bad. Really it's a good thing.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 14, 2020

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
in these trying times, the entire country has come together and wants to kick that one guy's rear end. gives you hope really.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

There’s too many ads on that site to even read lol

U might say they're disrupting the article industry :smug:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

My eczema is already going crazy from washing my hands more often. If I was going to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer I might as well just a belt-sander and skip the middle-man.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

bird with big dick posted:

You don’t even need sanitizer or soap just don’t touch your face. You can have germs and poo poo and jizz all over your body and as long as it doesn’t get in your mouth or nose or eyes you’ll be fine.

I sterilized my eyes with a stream of crystal clear urine.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Bleusilences posted:

I used hand sanitizer in the last few week because I take public transport. I used it as a stop gap solution get in and out of buildings, buses and metro but I won't use it if I have access to actual soap. What I am saying is people that use it at home might need help :(

edit: And if you really need it, you can mix aloe vera gel with rubbing alcohol (need to achieve between 60-70% alcohol concentration like other poster said).

So I could mix a 16oz pure aloe vera gel with a 750ml bottle of 190 proof everclear and use the mix as substitute hand sanitizer is what you're saying?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Duck and Cover posted:

Hey I didn't say that! That was the article I'm totally innocent.

You see the bad thing I'm doing? Yeah it isn't actually bad. Really it's a good thing.

To be fair to that guy if you read a modern university econ 101 book they will absolutely defend price gouging in disaster areas as a way of insuring the market funnels much needed supplies to those in need. He probably 100% believes he's not wrong it's just everyone else who is wrong.

I was tutoring a student recently in an intro econ class and there was straight up side blurb about bottled water being marked up a bajillion% during hurricane katrina was good because if there hadn't been a markup no one would have bothered selling water to them. No mention of course of the families who couldn't afford water at those prices.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

So I could mix a 16oz pure aloe vera gel with a 750ml bottle of 190 proof everclear and use the mix as substitute hand sanitizer is what you're saying?

no, 16 oz is 473ml and that would reduce the alcohol concentration to 58%. too much aloe. use 3/4ths of the aloe gel bottle for ~65% alcohol.

also you should start with a small batch because once you've mixed the everclear with aloe you can't drink it. aloe will make you poo poo your pants.

even more than everclear will.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

My eczema is already going crazy from washing my hands more often. If I was going to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer I might as well just a belt-sander and skip the middle-man.

you use cortizone hand cream? I don't have it bad but that's what works for me

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Klyith posted:

you use cortizone hand cream? I don't have it bad but that's what works for me

Yeah, and it helps but I have to stay on top of it. I ran out of the prescription cream I have for it - I should probably see if the doctor will call it in but he will probably want me to come in for a visit since it's been over a year since I had a check-up and he's probably worried about some stupid made-up thing like "continuity of care" or "malpractice."

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Listen, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has got this. He's going to have hand sanitizer manufactured right here in the state of New York. For New Yorkers, By New Yorkers. And it's even better then the normal stuff. You don't have to dig any deeper than that. No need to read any news articles going into detail, just know that we got this.

*edit* changed to a non-paywall link

Korthal fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 15, 2020

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Korthal posted:

Listen, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has got this. He's going to have hand sanitizer manufactured right here in the state of New York. For New Yorkers, By New Yorkers. And it's even better then the normal stuff. You don't have to dig any deeper than that. No need to read any news articles going into detail, just know that we got this.

Of course the excuse for literal slave labor is always the right-wing go-to "Well they shouldn't have broken the law!" which incidentally is the same response I've seen when the serious concern that the current concentration camps will basically just turn into death camps if the virus makes it's way in there.

They sure love slavery and disease ridden concentration camps.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I love how we have a minimum wage law, but it doesn't apply if you're a for profit prison for... reasons.

Like the people arguing against this poo poo are pushing for half of the current minimum. You know, the one that has stagnated so bad nobody pays it anymore.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Duck and Cover posted:

Bring back the pillory, allow people to cough on him.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

We received our shipment of prison sanitizer. 4 gallons with two gallon sized pumps. It's watery as poo poo. Can't post pictures due to rules.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Here's the ingredients. It smells horrible, and it's like water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Of course the excuse for literal slave labor is always the right-wing go-to "Well they shouldn't have broken the law!" which incidentally is the same response I've seen when the serious concern that the current concentration camps will basically just turn into death camps if the virus makes it's way in there.

They sure love slavery and disease ridden concentration camps.

On one hand I don't like calling prison labor slave labor on the other hand it's depressingly close.

Korthal posted:

Here's the ingredients. It smells horrible, and it's like water.

But didn't the governor of New York say it had a nice floral scent? You must be wrong of course it smells great, feels great and is the best thing ever!