Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This league will award a championship this year
This poll is closed.
NBA 7 7.53%
NHL 7 7.53%
MLB 31 33.33%
XFL 48 51.61%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Ok I literally need someone to explain to me why the virus would affect nascar

Not the crowds I mean. The drivers

I mean, every sport involves a ton of people being near these players/athletes: trainers, coaches, fans waiting to see them when they enter/exit, etc. I would imagine being a sports star at any level , just like being a celebrity, means to you have people talking to you and approaching you all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Flu season goes until august. I don’t poo poo really starts back up until august or September. Which is crazy to think about.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sydin posted:

The virus completely eats poo poo in air hotter than 85 F. So most of the country will probably see a decline in new cases starting June/July and then we'll probably see it start to come back around October/November.

Not being a dick, but where are you reading that ? What I have been reading is that places like Australia are still getting it despite it being end of summer, so the reports seem to be “it may die down, but likely not near enough.”

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, that is hysterical that he is all about it when it benefits him.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Seconding Fall 2021.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TITANKISSER69 posted:

You know that's coming back, right?

Sports aren’t coming back 😔

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Been really enjoying Budasliga futbol, appreciate the updates.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Quick question for yall going forward, since more leagues are returning to live broadcasts, do you just want me to post what's live, post the whole list, or are yall pretty much tired of it? I don't mind it any which way.

I only look at the live, so I think that would be good.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Mostly soccer and basketball today

MLS back is the first large team sport back for the United States (right?). It’ll be interesting to see how long they can keep it going (probably not long).

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
MLS Toronto vs DC got postponed this morning due to “concerns over testing.” Rip.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

SOMEONE ELSE POSTED! :toot:

Wait, are sports back ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

For hockey and other sports I’ve been on the “they shouldn’t be playing, but if they do, well, I’ll watch it” and a little bit of “well, everyone else is being forced by capitalism to work, I guess sports might as well too.”

With the disclaimer that so far, it looks like doing a bubble is way more effective than whatever the MLB is doing.

But regardless of anyone’s views on Pro sports, gently caress this SEC / college football poo poo. Those kids are not paid to play football. So they are literally risking their lives and future health for pretty much nothing. I hope every one of them realizes it and boycotts the hell out of NCAA sports.