Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
They ended up closing a ton of stores anyway though, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Here we go:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1244995601856466944

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
For context with my previous post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FCu99fpDUo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The nonexistent tweet is really put into context by the missing youtube video.

ADudeWhoAbides
Mar 30, 2010
GameStop just sent this out:

quote:

Our GameStop teams continue to work hard to ensure we're meeting your gaming, home entertainment and virtual connectivity needs. We want to make sure pre-ordering and picking up your favorite products is safe, simple and easy. That's why we're happy to provide a few options to help simplify the delivery of your order if your GameStop store is closed due to local or state government mandates.

Picking Up Your Pre-Order from an Open GameStop Location

For example, if you have pre-ordered a game from a store that is currently open, and you have fully pre-paid for the game, you're welcome to pick it up on the launch date using your contactless Delivery@Door service. Just call us when you arrive at the store, and we'll meet you at the door. Please make note that we have reduced our store operational hours from 12 p.m. - 8 p.m.

If you have only placed a deposit towards your pre-order, but need to pay the balance, you can also pick up your game using Delivery@Door. An associate will be available to collect an authorized method of payment. Chipped credit cards and GameStop gift cards only can be processed onsite - unfortunately, for you and our team's safety, cash payments, debit cards and non-chip enabled credit cards cannot be accepted at this time.

For either situation, you're also welcome to wait until our normal operations have resumed at all GameStop locations nationwide. You can pick up a copy of your game at your convenience, provided we have it in stock.

Picking Up Your Pre-Order from a Closed GameStop Location

If you have pre-ordered a game from a state that is currently closed due to local or state mandates, here's information that will help you get your game on time.

If you have fully pre-paid for the game, we'll be sending you an email that includes simple instructions on how to get your game. We'll request that you visit a website where you can enter information on where you'd like your game shipped, free of charge. Our shipping fulfillment center is fully operational and meeting all our customers' shipping needs in a timely manner.

If you have only placed a deposit towards your pre-order, we'll be attempting to email you to give you the option of receiving a virtual GameStop gift card in the amount of your deposit. You can then use this virtual gift card to complete the purchase of the game from GameStop.com or the GameStop app, you have it shipped to you, free of charge.

Due to the high volume of pre-orders we're managing, we may not be successful in reaching you about your pre-order. If you don't hear from us, and still want to ensure you get your game on day 1, you can visit GameStop.com or the GameStop app, pre-purchase the game you want and choose your preferred shipping option - free shipping, or upgrade to day 1 shipping for $10. Our shipping fulfillment center is fully operational and meeting all our customers' shipping needs in a timely manner. We'll then hold your deposit until normal operations have resumed at your GameStop store, and you can apply it to the pre-order or purchase of your choice.

And again, you're also welcome to wait until normal operations have resumed at all GameStop locations nationwide. You can pick up a copy of your game at your convenience, provided we have it in stock.

Pre-Ordering Additional Games from GameStop

You can visit GameStop.com or the GameStop app, pre-purchase the game you want and choose your preferred shipping option - free shipping, or upgrade to day 1 shipping for $10. Our shipping fulfillment center is fully operational and meeting all our customers' shipping needs in a timely manner.

You can also pre-order directly from an open, physical GameStop store through our Delivery@Door service. Just go to your local store, call us when you arrive, and an associate will meet you at the door. There, you can place a deposit or fully pre-pay to pre-order the title of your choice using chipped credit cards or GameStop gift cards, and return to the store to pick it up on launch day.

We thank you for being a valued customer and making GameStop your one-stop shop for everything gaming.

Not that anyone will read it, but this is what I replied:
THis is ghoulish as gently caress. Respect that your employees are human beings and let them go home. gently caress.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The nonexistent tweet is really put into context by the missing youtube video.

They were about Hobby Lobby being absolute shitheads in closing stores and firing employees via email.

Basically telling them that Hobby Lobby would empty their lockers and deliver their belongings to them with their final paycheck once they surrendered their badges/any Hobby Lobby apparel (uniforms/aprons/etc.).

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Because apparently the Federal Government is a corporation now.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1245852517474295809

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

biracial bear for uncut posted:

They were about Hobby Lobby being absolute shitheads in closing stores and firing employees via email.

Basically telling them that Hobby Lobby would empty their lockers and deliver their belongings to them with their final paycheck once they surrendered their badges/any Hobby Lobby apparel (uniforms/aprons/etc.).

I would not be surprised if Hobby Lobby made them pay for the uniforms in the first place.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Platystemon posted:

I would not be surprised if Hobby Lobby made them pay for the uniforms in the first place.

That's normal in the US though. You get one or two t-shirts/hats/polos/whatever poo poo that you have to wear every day, get a uniform fee docked off your first paycheck, and have to buy more on your own dime if they get hosed up or if you don't want to be constantly washing your one mandatory shirt. Hell half my gym clothes are just old BRAND t-shirts. Good managers will just hand them out because they mean literally nothing to the company's bottom line, but most people in restaurant and retail don't get to be manager by treating their fellow employees like people.

Hell, the loving military docks your paychecks during basic training for your initial uniforms and boots.

e: plus you're just kind of expected to provide things. Like restaurants will (justifiably) require non-slip shoes for kitchen work, but you have to buy them yourself. Loads of places will issue you a black shirt and then give you specifics for black or khaki pants that you have to wear to work, and again, you have to go out and buy yourself the pants that will get hosed up and be useless for anything except gross kitchen work.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 16:45 on Apr 3, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I know that many horrible U.S. employers make employees buy there own uniforms, and it is legal to do so, but at least theoretically, they’re not supposed to have their cake and eat it too.

If Hobby Lobby made their employees buy garments, those garments are property of the employees and can’t be clawed back.

It’s pretty likely that Hobby Lobby once again doesn’t give a poo poo about the law. I can’t imagine them not making employees pay for the uniforms.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
i got an email from Big Lots saying they are taking care of their employees by making sure they have cleaning supplies. replied asking if they are also taking care of their employees by giving them paid sick time. got a response letting me know they are giving their employees a higher employee discount, and cash bonuses for salaried employees during this time of crisis. nice. cash bonuses for the managers and the folks at the company hq

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

InediblePenguin posted:

i got an email from Big Lots saying they are taking care of their employees by making sure they have cleaning supplies. replied asking if they are also taking care of their employees by giving them paid sick time. got a response letting me know they are giving their employees a higher employee discount, and cash bonuses for salaried employees during this time of crisis. nice. cash bonuses for the managers and the folks at the company hq
ok i am in a location where i can get into my email and show you the stuff

and the email i got

quote:

Thank you for contacting Big Lots Customer Care Department. We appreciate your concern for our employees’ safety.

Safety is our number one concern, but we are also taking care employees financially by offering an increased employee discount and an extra hourly wage with cash bonuses to our salaried employees. Any sick leaves resulting from the Covid 19 virus would be handled on an individual basis.

In keeping with our Corporate Mission to ensure we are putting safety first, we are diligently striving to maintain the below standards:

Offering our employees and guests hand sanitizer at the registers and sanitizing wipes/cleaning supplies at, or near, the shopping carts & baskets.

All registers, credit card pin pads, phones, and door handles are wiped down throughout the day.
We're working hard to keep critical products stocked in our stores so they're there when you need them.

Big Lots Stores Inc., has also retained a team of medical doctors to advise us on how to keep our employees and customers safe, slow the spread of the virus, and weigh in on critical associate and customer health issues.

We understand your frustration during this difficult time. Please rest assured, we are taking all precautions available to us as we continue to serve, support and provide our communities with essential food and healthcare products.

You may also refer to our continued updates from our CEO on our website at https://www.biglots.com/page/cv19.

Thanks again! Have a great weekend!

Shane
Customer Care Department
Big Lots Stores

i missed the "extra hourly wage" part so i guess the salaried managers aren't the ONLY ones getting any extra but i still feel this is a bullshit nonresponse when i was specifically asking if they were giving paid time off to covid-affected workers tbh

InediblePenguin has a new favorite as of 15:00 on Apr 4, 2020

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

It’s utter bullshit. My company is only giving full time employees a couple hundred, part timers less, and anything more than two weeks of CONFIRMED covid-19 will require HR review plus still having to use your vacation/sick leave then medical leave if you go beyond that. They’re promising not to fire people who are scared to come in, but you’ll still be forced to blow through your time then be unpaid. In the meantime they’re hiring temps for front-of-house because so many employees are either sick, have sick family, have no choice but to stay home for kids out of school, etc.

One employee was told by their doctor to isolate last month and they had to get their doctor’s note redone to SPECIFICALLY indicate suspected covid-19 because HR tried to push back and refuse to pay out. The doctors refused to actually test them because they never had the dry cough. It’s just catch 22s all the way down.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

It’s utter bullshit. My company is only giving full time employees a couple hundred, part timers less, and anything more than two weeks of CONFIRMED covid-19 will require HR review plus still having to use your vacation/sick leave then medical leave if you go beyond that. They’re promising not to fire people who are scared to come in, but you’ll still be forced to blow through your time then be unpaid. In the meantime they’re hiring temps for front-of-house because so many employees are either sick, have sick family, have no choice but to stay home for kids out of school, etc.

One employee was told by their doctor to isolate last month and they had to get their doctor’s note redone to SPECIFICALLY indicate suspected covid-19 because HR tried to push back and refuse to pay out. The doctors refused to actually test them because they never had the dry cough. It’s just catch 22s all the way down.

How is this not a HIPAA violation

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Dixville posted:

How is this not a HIPAA violation

By forcing you to "voluntarily" disclose it under financial penalty.

PharmerBoy
Jul 21, 2008
Only healthcare entities can violate HIPAA. It has no force on anyone else.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

:thermidor:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
An honest demonstration of corporate commitment.