Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iN5ml69M58

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Biohazard posted:

This is called film making. See it was two different scenes that took place at different times. They didn't represent a real time occurrence, even though they were spliced together in a short time span. I can see how this might be confusing if you've never seen a movie before.

:goonsay:

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
HAHAHAHAHAH Like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0aAYrSD3t8

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Is this the one where someone gets pig blood on them at the beginning and that's how it started?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Vastarien posted:

"We have no cure. All is lost." *hangs up phone, walks to another room* "I have the cure." ~film making~

lmao imagine not understanding what's happening on screen and then not paying attention to the scene where she describes her actions and motivations in detail.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Good friend of mine took me to see this a few months after I witnessed my dad suffer a dual CVA. I remember sitting there in the theatre, watching Gwyneth Paltrow have a seizure and die, thinking "gently caress gently caress gently caress fuuuuuuuuuuck you buddy".

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Dr. Stab posted:

lmao imagine not understanding what's happening on screen and then not paying attention to the scene where she describes her actions and motivations in detail.

I watched it weeks ago and can tell you exactly what occurred. They showed that they were working on a vaccine by testing it on monkeys. In another scene she went home because she was working late and was frustrated with lack of progress. Finally in another scene, they showed that one of them worked on one of the monkeys. She then uses that on herself in order to test it. All of these scenes were separated by various jumps in time. I'm not trying to be pedantic about this, it's just how literally every movie is put together.

Honestly if you're going to nitpick, the idea that her using it on herself would drastically speed up the process seems not likely, but I won't claim to be an expert.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Seeing Paltrow's face get peeled back during the autopsy was the best part of the movie.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
forgettable movie

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
what about The Cure For Wellness? i never saw it. very memorable imo

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

star eater posted:

what about The Cure For Wellness? i never saw it. very memorable imo

Meh horror-thriller with a mystery that involves excreted body fluids, leeches, and a bonkers finale involving incest. And goes on for longer than it should. Great cinematography though.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

star eater posted:

forgettable movie
disagree

I've brought it up twice in the last year, once as a point of comparison for Shin Godzilla and once when somebody was asking about movies that show the onset of a catastrophic event, even though I haven't seen it since it came out

it just stuck with me because of its unexpectedly broad scope and impassive tone

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

if they make a vaccine i wonder if we'll have a lottery

probably not, they'll just give to old folks first since they need it the most

but if the virus was near 100% lethal like in the movie...

:gerty:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Professor Shark posted:

Contagion is great. Kate Winslet’s character giving a dying man her blanket before she died haunts me in a way I cannot describe.

This^ a perfect scene

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

just watched the movie

it sucks

you should probably watch 28 days later which is way cooler since its about a bike courier who gets smoked by a car and wakes up after everything has gone to poo poo, hangs dong, and has to fight off FAST zombies

its directed by danny boyle and the music is by godspeed you black emperor

vastly superior film

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
they give Jude Law hosed up teeth in this movie and never address it once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

SpaceAceJase posted:

they give Jude Law hosed up teeth in this movie and never address it once.

I know it was totally unrealistic, characters should have been constantly bringing it up and it needed at least one scene like this: