Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Originally I wanted to make a skateboarding games thread, but I realized that would have been too niche and there probably wouldn't be much discussion, so I expanded and made this thread XTREME, which is just slightly less niche.

Let's talk about all the old and new extreme sport games, mods, which games are the best, which games are worth buying or playing, what makes something an extreme sport or not, and all that stuff.

In this first post I will catalog some of the newest games that can be found, while the second will be for older games that are worth checking out. These lists are definitely not complete so feel free to suggest more games and discuss them.

Contents:
1 - Newest games (this post)
2 - Older games
3 - Upcoming games/ETC

Updated on 20/03/2020

Skater XL is a skateboarding game where the main concept is to make tricks "your own", giving you a lot of control over the board to add your own twist to tricks. You can do fliptricks, grabs, grinds, manuals, power slides, reverts and even primo slides already! Vert skating seems to be making good progress as well. Uses dual analog controls, where each analog represents a foot. The left analog is used to steer while on the ground.

Has several high quality mods, ranging from gameplay ones where you can alter the physics to make it more realistic to enabling board snapping for example, to online multiplayer, sound and costume mods.

There are many mod maps as well, including some from the Tony Hawk games, and many completely original ones, some based on real areas.

Currently features two official maps, replay editor, character placer (instead of getting off the board and walking, you just mark the spot you want the character to be), session markers, and very limited character customization. Currently in early access. Be sure to use the beta branch in Steam for the newest updates.

Skater XL Modding Discord

Platforms: PC (Steam), PS4 (TBD 2020?)

Session focuses more on the sim aspect, making the physics more realistic and making it so you have to always catch/land your tricks, and even control your landing from high altitudes so you don't bail. Has dual analog controls, each stick controlling one foot and triggers to steer. It feels pretty hard at first, but doing even the simplest tricks and lines feel very satisfying as a result, kinda like real skateboarding. They recently added EA Skate-like controls as an option as well, along with several options to customize the gameplay experience. Has daily/weekly/historical challenges where you can earn money, but you can't spend it yet.

Currently features several songs from many indie artists, a replay editor, item dropper/placer, session markers, and very limited character customization. Has three official maps, one is a pretty big one, a recreation of the Brooklyn Banks and the surrouding NYC area, and the other two are an indoor skate park and an underground parking lot. Currently in early access.

Session Modding Discord

Plaforms: PC (Steam), Xbox One (TBD 2020?)

Descenders is a downhill BMX game with campaigns, online multiplayer lobbies, in-game mod and custom levels browser, procedurally generated tracks, custom parks, daily challenges, leaderboards, character customization with unlockable stuff as you play(!!!), a licensed soundtrack, and of course you can do cool tricks in it too! It is a great full-fledged game with an excellent price tag. Big recommend.

Official Discord

Platforms: PC (Steam), Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (TBD 2020?)

Steep is the latest snowboarding game offering by a big studio (Ubisoft). I haven't actually played this, so I can't tell you if it is worth buying or not. Maybe someone in the thread can chime in?

Platforms: PC (Steam, Epic, Ubisoft Store), PS4, Xbox One

This one is an indie game that supposedly is quite hard, meant as a snowboarding sim. More information is required about this one, could be interesting.

Platforms: PC (Steam)

Mark McMorris Infinite Air is another recent snowboarding game that is also more focused on realism. You can also make your own parks. (Thanks Macnult!)

Platforms: PC (Steam), Xbox One, PS4

As far as I'm concerned this is the best rally game. It is a sim game and it is very hard, but it is also very good. Has a sequel, Dirt Rally 2.0.

Platforms: PC (Steam), PS4, Xbox One

Parkour tends to be a part of the gameplay of a major game (AssCreed, for example) rather than the focus, but there are a few games that are completely or mostly parkour focused.

SRC: Sprint Robot Championship
More of a footracing game, but you can do all sorts of things like sliding and wall-running. It's super cool and it also has online multiplayer. I couldn't find an actual decent parkour game release so this will have to do.

Steam Page

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
-Older games-

Updated on 20/03/2020

SO HERE I AM, DOING EVERYTHING I CAN, HOLDI-
Needs no introduction. The Tony Hawk series is legendary for introducing an entire generation and more to skateboarding, and its mark is still felt today. Hell, THPS2 is still considered one of the best games ever made still. Nowadays most people play THUGPRO, a mod/extension of the Tony Hawk's Underground 2 engine featuring maps from pretty much all of the games where you can either play online or offline. Apparently there seems to be a new game coming this year, according to rumors.

EA Skate is (was?) an excellent series that was killed by the coward EA, even though Skate 3 was very popular. It is unknown if it will ever return. The Skate games brought innovation to the stagnant skateboarding genre after many iterations of Tony Hawk games and its clones with its "Flick-it" control system, where instead of pressing face buttons to do a variety of tricks, you instead had to use the right analog stick to make inputs that would mimic the motion of doing an actual skateboarding trick as close as it could. While it didn't have the same impact as the Tony Hawk games, it was reasonably popular and what it brought to the table was different from everything else then.

This game is loving crazy I love it. Downhill Domination is an extremely fast arcade style downhill game, except that you have powerups and you can punch, kick, throw objects and straight up murder the competition, while also doing tricks to increase your speed. The maps are great, with all sorts of crazy poo poo like enviromental hazards, falling rocks, trains, killer bears, death pits and the like. It also has multiplayer up to 4 players. Recommended.

The SSX games are another well-known series of snowboarding games. The best ones seem to be SSX 3 and SSX Tricky. (Thanks Macnult!)

Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer was made by Treyarch before they became known for only doing Call of Duty games. It is pretty much THPS, but for surfing.

Although there are many types of diferent sports in California Games I was always fond of the surfing one, which is probably the best of the bunch. Probably one of the best examples of early surfing games.

Free Running is probably one of the very few games that is completely focused on parkour/freerunning.

While not completely focused on parkour only, parkour is a very major part of the gameplay of Mirror's Edge so I feel like I can put it here. Has a sequel/prequel, Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

Jet Set Radio and its sequel Jet Set Radio Future are excellent and stylish games where you are a member of a inline skating/graffiti gang. I personally prefer the sequel since the gameplay is a bit faster than the original.

I mean... it is a zorbing game if you think about it I guess.

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 21, 2020

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Upcoming games/ETC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhc5kn28uMY

https://store.steampowered.com/app/761010/Wave_Break/

Seems to be an interesting mix of THPS-style gameplay and action. Should come out this year according to the Steam page.

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 13, 2020

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Please give feedback if you can too. Are there too many images? What games do you guys recommend I add to the lists?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Another leak points to new Tony Hawk game arriving later this year

Eurogamer posted:

Pro skateboarder Lizzie Armanto revealed she was involved in a new title during a chat with the Nine Club podcast, and reliable industry leaker Sabi shared word that a prototype remake of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2 had been doing the rounds internally at Activision.

(...)

Adding further fuel to that particular fire, punk band The Death Set announced on Facebook earlier today - in a post spotted by Twitter user TheNathanNS and since removed (presumably after polite requests or stern lawyer faces from Activision) - that it had "Just licensed 5 new songs to Tony Hawk 2020 game", and that fans would be "hearing this poo poo soon".

https://twitter.com/TheNathanNS/status/1237370319138164737

:getin:

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
One of the newest mod maps for Skater XL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4RRd56IwMQ

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
New update for Session adds a new map, for 4 maps total so far! Not bad for only the third update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af6EwxwFfQ0

New tricks like impossibles and late flips are possible now as well.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Big Scary Owl posted:

Please give feedback if you can too. Are there too many images? What games do you guys recommend I add to the lists?

I highly recommend adding Mark McMorris Infinite Air. IMO it's the best snowboarding game that isn't SSX Tricky or SSX 3 (which you should also add). You can make your own parks and the spins/flips are "realistic" but not to the point where it's all fucky. For example, if you huck a spin you can affect the spin speed midair but you're not gonna be able to throw yourself all willy nilly.

Edit: This is a good thread, OP thank you for making it.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Macnult posted:

I highly recommend adding Mark McMorris Infinite Air. IMO it's the best snowboarding game that isn't SSX Tricky or SSX 3 (which you should also add). You can make your own parks and the spins/flips are "realistic" but not to the point where it's all fucky. For example, if you huck a spin you can affect the spin speed midair but you're not gonna be able to throw yourself all willy nilly.

Edit: This is a good thread, OP thank you for making it.

Thank you for replying, felt like I was screaming into the void for a sec :smith:. I never tried out the SSX games actually, I should change that soon, see if I can play SSX Tricky first. I'm gonna add them and Mark McMorris to the OP.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Big Scary Owl posted:

Thank you for replying, felt like I was screaming into the void for a sec :smith:. I never tried out the SSX games actually, I should change that soon, see if I can play SSX Tricky first. I'm gonna add them and Mark McMorris to the OP.

ehhh you kind of are lol. it’s probably due in part that yesterday both DOOM and Animal Crossing came out.

the SSX games are definitely worth checking out. comparing the two i mentioned, if i had to recommend a snowboarding game to someone who really wasn’t into snowboarding, i’d go with SSX Tricky. it’s fun and goofy and is less about a mountain vibe and more of a unique racing game with crazy freestyle elements i.e. a character clipping out of his board to do the worm.

i can’t vouch how well Tricky has aged, but i played SSX 3 last summer and it still holds up. the game takes itself a little bit more seriously than Tricky, but what i like about it is that there’s a free roaming element to it — you don’t have to just queue up an event from a menu screen. you can start from the top of a mountain, ride backcountry, hop into a race, find yourself on another feature, etc.
the soundtrack is dope too

another snowboarding game is Shaun White Snowboarding, which from what i remember felt like it took elements from SSX 3 and fine tuned it while giving a feel that’s similar to the more recent Mark McMorris game. also has a good soundtrack

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I miss the Skates and wish I could play them without an ancient gaming console :(

Hoping Session turns out to be something, or I guess someone figures out how to emulate the old Skates well.

The original THPS series did such a great job with tight gameplay, I don't know what happened after like THUG2 but they seemingly lost the ability to make a game fun to play.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Session got a Skate-like control scheme recently, should probably pick that up sometime. Also, Macnult made me curious about Infinite Air but it's pulled from steam for some reason, I recall not liking Shaun White Snowboarding when I played it way back.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Macnult posted:

I played SSX 3 last summer and it still holds up. the game takes itself a little bit more seriously than Tricky, but what i like about it is that there’s a free roaming element to it — you don’t have to just queue up an event from a menu screen. you can start from the top of a mountain, ride backcountry, hop into a race, find yourself on another feature, etc.
the soundtrack is dope too

another snowboarding game is Shaun White Snowboarding, which from what i remember felt like it took elements from SSX 3 and fine tuned it while giving a feel that’s similar to the more recent Mark McMorris game. also has a good soundtrack

I'm gonna have to try Shaun White because SSX3 is a game that I've been chasing a successor to for over a decade now. I even bought in on the early disaster that was SNOW (note: it's f2p now and still not even worth your time). I'll give Ubisoft credit - Steep is definitely the best I've found since, the problem is that it isn't just snowboarding. It's about 9 styles of gameplay and I can almost guarantee not all of them are gonna hit you equally. It's a good game I continue to keep installed but I don't always go through every "season" worth of challenges, because sometimes it leans in on HOPE YOU LOVE PARAGLIDING or something.

(I would highly recommend it though. Just because it isn't The Champion doesn't mean it doesn't have a lot of the same SSX3 energy where it was full of smaller side challenges and connected mountains and the like.)

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I'm phone posting so I can't be arsed to effort but since classics are fair game I always loved the Xtreme series on Playstation 1, 1extreme 2extreme and 3extreme. They were downhill racing games where you could play as a Skater, bmxer, and even something I haven't seen mentioned so far, street luge (aka a longboard). I remember them being insanely fun games when I was a kid.

I used to be big into BMX and skating as a teen so my friends and I were big into the Dave Mirra bmx game on ps1 and its launch window sequel on ps2. The first game had a soundtrack almost as good as THPS imo. I also remember playing Aggressive Inline on ps2 after Dave Mirra 2 and we were probably the only teens playing BMX xxx for the gameplay, since that's when the Xtreme sports thing kinda burned out on consoles and Dave Mirra 2 was over a year old at that point iirc.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

OxMan posted:

I'm phone posting so I can't be arsed to effort but since classics are fair game I always loved the Xtreme series on Playstation 1, 1extreme 2extreme and 3extreme. They were downhill racing games where you could play as a Skater, bmxer, and even something I haven't seen mentioned so far, street luge (aka a longboard). I remember them being insanely fun games when I was a kid.

I used to be big into BMX and skating as a teen so my friends and I were big into the Dave Mirra bmx game on ps1 and its launch window sequel on ps2. The first game had a soundtrack almost as good as THPS imo. I also remember playing Aggressive Inline on ps2 after Dave Mirra 2 and we were probably the only teens playing BMX xxx for the gameplay, since that's when the Xtreme sports thing kinda burned out on consoles and Dave Mirra 2 was over a year old at that point iirc.

I remember 3xtreme. We had that on the playstation when we first bought it because it was cheap and looked fun. I played that game a lot.

That game was also a huge piece of poo poo, don't be mistaken. Looking back there is no chance you'd want to play it now, it has not aged well.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udUCjJphE-0

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

This reminds me, there should be a THPS documentary coming out soon, Pretending I'm a Superman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpD1ZrT9T4Y

Their facebook page suggests that there has been a premiere already, but I wonder when everyone is gonna be able to see it.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Big Scary Owl posted:

This reminds me, there should be a THPS documentary coming out soon, Pretending I'm a Superman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpD1ZrT9T4Y

Their facebook page suggests that there has been a premiere already, but I wonder when everyone is gonna be able to see it.

:sickos: that looks rad. Those games were such a phenomenon.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Arzachel posted:

Session got a Skate-like control scheme recently, should probably pick that up sometime. Also, Macnult made me curious about Infinite Air but it's pulled from steam for some reason, I recall not liking Shaun White Snowboarding when I played it way back.

I vaguely recall the main criticism regarding Shaun White Snowboarding was the control scheme. I remember the controls feeling somewhat counter intuitive at first, but I didn't think it was a dealbreaker. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was the first snowboarding game where you had to prep jumps/spins/flips, so it might've been like when Skate came out where people were like "What the gently caress? How is this better?"

I looked more into Infinite Air and it looks like the publisher removed it from pretty much all digital stores without explanation.
The good news is that you can still buy it on Amazon.
There are also third party Steam key resellers, but I've never used one before and they seem kinda sketchy.

OxMan posted:

...I always loved the Xtreme series on Playstation 1, 1extreme 2extreme and 3extreme.

Oh HELL yeah, I completely forgot about those. 2Xtreme was one of the first videogames I ever played :)

Macnult fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 25, 2020

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-ULQ2nhJO4

Skater XL 1.0 coming out on July for Switch, Xbox One, PS4 and PC (although we still have early access in the meantime). Not sure what else the final version is gonna have other than free skate. Maybe online multiplayer too, if the mods are anything to go by.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
Anyone play MX Simulator? It's an MX race game with proper sim physics and actually feels a bit like riding a Moto. They do a sim supercross and motocross series on replicas of the IRL tracks, usually raced within a day or two of the actual event.

Pretty fun game but mega hard and very frustrating at times.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

Anyone play MX Simulator? It's an MX race game with proper sim physics and actually feels a bit like riding a Moto. They do a sim supercross and motocross series on replicas of the IRL tracks, usually raced within a day or two of the actual event.

Pretty fun game but mega hard and very frustrating at times.

Didn't know about this one, thanks for posting. Wonder why it isn't on Steam?

In other news, Session had another update. New level added, more board control, improved transitions and weight transfer. New skaters and the ZERO brand was added, adding more customization options.

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
On the subject of bikes, despite the impressively cancerous name, the Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame series is surprisingly solid and not the shovelware it sounds like. The physics are reasonably grounded and nuanced, the career is nothing groundbreaking but has at least a little more depth than “here are a bunch of races” with a decent chunk of side challenges, and the customization is great. I like to think of it as a budget Forza Motorsport for dirt bikes. Just a really fun game all around if you’re into that type of racing (and you should be because supercross is great). There’s definitely a bit of Madden syndrome with the yearly release schedule and it doesn’t quite reach the heights of the best MX vs ATV games, but overall they just feel great and I’ve enjoyed them way more than I expected.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Skateboarding games are back bitches :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC8owhVU0cI

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
Is skater xl a good game if I liked the old thps and skate games and want something new to play? Not super concerned about it being very sim-y, just want to skate around and do some tricks.

I know about the thps remake but tbh I liked the skate style controls way more than buttons and a direction.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

Is skater xl a good game if I liked the old thps and skate games and want something new to play? Not super concerned about it being very sim-y, just want to skate around and do some tricks.

I know about the thps remake but tbh I liked the skate style controls way more than buttons and a direction.

Skater XL is pretty much a tech demo as it is now, but if you just wanna skate and do cool stuff then you should try it out and refund if you don't think it's worth it. It feels pretty good to skate around in Skater XL but there's not much content yet (mods notwithstanding) Version 1.0 should come out in July.

You could try Session too if you want, it is rougher around the edges regarding physics still but they've been updating stuff quickly, plus it has daily/weekly/historical challenges if you're into that sort of stuff. The main map in Session is pretty big and there's another 4 maps that are reasonably sized as well (so currently 5 in total).

tl;dr try both and refund if you don't like either of them

edit: actually Session has like 5 maps

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 13, 2020

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Tony Hawk 1+2 gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjbx5D3lcuI

The special meter and score look kinda basic, and it seems like some special moves names aren't colored as such? Otherwise it seems to play exactly like the classics, which is great.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
https://twitter.com/GrahamB47/status/1260642470318108674

Picked up Session and Skater XL, both of them feel pretty early in development still and don't scratch the THPS/Skate itch but there's fun to be had just screwing around. Sessions is probably a bit more janky but I ended up playing it way more because slow flips are real satisfying.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Arzachel posted:

Picked up Session and Skater XL, both of them feel pretty early in development still and don't scratch the THPS/Skate itch but there's fun to be had just screwing around. Sessions is probably a bit more janky but I ended up playing it way more because slow flips are real satisfying.

I did way too many video searches trying to decide which one to buy and ended up with Skater XL for now because it's on a sale this week and because it seems like the consensus is XL has better controls for "creativity," which means you can finesse tricks to get more of a style. I'm not really seeing it myself but I've never been a skater either so perhaps I'm just blind to all of it.

XL's session marker mechanic is reportedly better too, which to me is super important. But the two games are evolving so fast I can't imagine Session will be behind for long, they're probably going to spend forever stealing features from each other.

The environments for Session certainly look a lot better than the demo maps that XL comes with.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

xzzy posted:

I did way too many video searches trying to decide which one to buy and ended up with Skater XL for now because it's on a sale this week and because it seems like the consensus is XL has better controls for "creativity," which means you can finesse tricks to get more of a style. I'm not really seeing it myself but I've never been a skater either so perhaps I'm just blind to all of it.

XL's session marker mechanic is reportedly better too, which to me is super important. But the two games are evolving so fast I can't imagine Session will be behind for long, they're probably going to spend forever stealing features from each other.

The environments for Session certainly look a lot better than the demo maps that XL comes with.

Same but I ended up getting session on sale. I’m told it is harder than xl, but I’ll wait for a console release and multi before I try it and believe anything.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
New update for Skater XL beta branch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJc15ewSTJI

quote:

Transition grinds, Miniramp test level, more customization, updated animations and lots more now available in Public Beta.

You MUST opt in to play this version of the game by following these steps: Right click ‘Skater XL’ and open Properties

Select the ‘beta - public beta builds’ branch.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I fear my cinder block fingers won't be able to make use of the trick customization but man it's looking nice. Game needs a slow-mo mode so I can do all the wiggles at the speed my brain works, then be able to watch the replay at full speed. :v:

The bump outs in particular look great, I dislike always doing a huge pop off a rail.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Session is out on xbox early access thingy, up to date with latest pc release, 30 australian dollerydoos so cheap in most other currencies

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I missed the EA non-E3 presentation thing, did they actually just announce Skate 4 or what

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Oh poo poo they confirmed it but didn't actually show anything

https://twitter.com/EA/status/1273764835080024064

Better than nothing I guess

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Big Scary Owl posted:

I missed the EA non-E3 presentation thing, did they actually just announce Skate 4 or what

They announced "A new skate" but didn't use the words Skate 4 and gave literally no details.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Spalec posted:

They announced "A new skate" but didn't use the words Skate 4 and gave literally no details.

I hope it's not a goddamn mobile game

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gonna be an AR mobile game where you use flick touch controls to kick flip into a grind on a pencil on the table. Monetized with custom decks obviously.

edit - for real though, the timing is super suspect. Two indie skate games launching soon and tony hawk remake got announced, and now this? They're just reading and reacting to the room, this wasn't community driven at all.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

xzzy posted:

Gonna be an AR mobile game where you use flick touch controls to kick flip into a grind on a pencil on the table. Monetized with custom decks obviously.

edit - for real though, the timing is super suspect. Two indie skate games launching soon and tony hawk remake got announced, and now this? They're just reading and reacting to the room, this wasn't community driven at all.

EA gonna EA. Yeah, it's definitely sketchy, but I hope that the team that they have/will have are gonna do the series justice, despite you know, EA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Stumbled upon this and thought it looked pretty neat:

https://twitter.com/skatestorygame/status/1235245618127425536