Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
They made another one of these so I guess I should update the OP:

New features this year include:

1. Xbox and PlayStation cross-play
2. Stadium Creator
3. Ruining RTTS

Old OP(s):

The Show 20 OP posted:

Looks like this is all the baseball we have to look forward to for the foreseeable future.

OTOH, the Diamond Dogs are back for another year:

ThePeavstenator fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Being an average player who only does Diamond Dynasty offline really sucks. I can’t even do the 1st inning challenge. I mean, I’m close and I don’t feel like I’m never going to complete it, but the one and done part sucks. At least the 1st inning one is free, I want no part of the ones that cost Stubs. I lose all time in 2K’s my team and it’s fine. You lose some contracts and whatever. The big frustration is with The Show where you can time things pretty well and there still a decent chance the ball you hit on the screws will be an out. You time a jump shot right in 2K it’ll usually go in. I get that’s true of the real way the sports play out, but in a game I can stand it to be bit less random.

KDdidit fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 15, 2020

jabro
Mar 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Just what I needed. 30+ profile icons to go with the 200+ icons from the last 7+ years.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I got my team’s uniform and logo set up as well.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
is it just me or are the online diamond dynasty teams even more uniform than usual?

I'm not sure I've played a team that had anyone other than Grandal as the catcher so far

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Took me a couple tries, but I beat the 1st inning showdown last night. Opened the gold live series pack, and it turns out it's a diamond. I run through the animation, and, well, here

edit: lol and I just got Freddie Freeman as a ranked seasons game reward, I am blowing my luck early this year

Rogue Copter Pilot fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 16, 2020

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
So for us plebes who didn't wanna spend extra money for an early unlock what time does this game unlock? Hopefully tonight.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Popete posted:

So for us plebes who didn't wanna spend extra money for an early unlock what time does this game unlock? Hopefully tonight.

For NA it releases 9PM PDT. Adjust to wherever you are located.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

jabro posted:

For NA it releases 9PM PDT. Adjust to wherever you are located.

Awesome, thanks! Looks like I'll get to play some tonight.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm amazingly getting worse the more I play Diamond Dynasty, despite having an all gold lineup. Lost my last 3 on Rookie and I'm pounding .13 HR a game :batuka: Just doing the big Conquest map and holding off until there's nothing but bases left. Hit 250 M fans on it and got Frank Thomas last night at least, not that I can hit with him.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

KDdidit posted:

I'm amazingly getting worse the more I play Diamond Dynasty, despite having an all gold lineup. Lost my last 3 on Rookie and I'm pounding .13 HR a game :batuka: Just doing the big Conquest map and holding off until there's nothing but bases left. Hit 250 M fans on it and got Frank Thomas last night at least, not that I can hit with him.

Put the controller down until you have two strikes.

There's a bit more to it obviously but I'm phone posting.

Also the AI in conquest is a lot more aggressive than in past years, they're hoarding up and attacking.

Grem fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 16, 2020

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I’m magically playing better on Veteran than Rookie. Still can’t hit the gaps or home runs, but scoring at least. Have half the Conquest map now so it should all be inevitable as I go forward. Boston seems to be the only “threat” as they have about 5-6 bases. Avoided it for a while, but need to steal some fans for the 30M prize.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Doing the Ivan evolution moments. The second one is to get 3 hits in a game. Tried about 10 times but no dice but did hit a few home runs. Noticed one of the moments later was just to hit 1 HR in a game.

Decided to try that and now all of a sudden I’m hitting balls in all the gaps. In the five games I tried I had 3 hits in 4 of them but no homers to close the moment.

FML. I’m done with game for the night.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

KDdidit posted:

I’m magically playing better on Veteran than Rookie.

Hard same. Ball comes in way too slow on rookie

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think anytime I suck I should just complain here and I'll magically get better. Hung a 13-1 L on Colorado in DD and my 1/10 prize was a Diamond JT Realmuto. First time I ever saw a diamond as a prize possibility and Boom I get it. Sadly he's pretty much useless to me because I have Grandal and he hits better and I'll eventually evolve Pudge, but I can sell him for about 15k Stubs.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Apparently you can't bring in a RttS player from The Show 2018, I skipped buying last year and there is no option but to bring forward a 2019 player.

Oh well, started a new 2B and got drafted after a year of college by the Tigers. First game in AA I went 4-4 with 3 singles and a homerun. Feels good to be playing The Show again.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KDdidit posted:

I think anytime I suck I should just complain here and I'll magically get better. Hung a 13-1 L on Colorado in DD

quote:

Gameplay:
- Fixed an issue that caused the Button Accuracy Throw Meter to get stuck in the red, following a specific bullpen operation.
- Increase to hitting difficulty in Diamond Dynasty.
- Fewer checked swings will hit the ball into play.
- Pitch speed slider has more range.
- When swinging early on an outside pitch, fly balls and line drives that would be labeled ‘Rolled Over’ will now be labeled ‘Out in Front’.

:negative:

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Can you not use 'guess pitch' in any DD modes? And any other pitching style than the overhead plate thing?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

coronavirus posted:

Can you not use 'guess pitch' in any DD modes? And any other pitching style than the overhead plate thing?

I use guess pitch in Conquest DD all the time.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

my PSN is roguecopter if anyone wants to take on the Newport Robber Barons

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What can you use your DD line-up in offline, other than Conquest? Have every hex other than 7 strongholds left and need to steal 12 M more fans til I clear it.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
You can Play vs. CPU but there isn't a whole lot of incentive to do so in general, but there will be times you need to in order to further a program. For example, you have to beat the Yankees on All-Star in the Granderson program. I think they stopped including Play vs. CPU rewards after 2017.

Other than that...some of the moments will use your roster but that's about it.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
The new Kerry Wood RP is filthy. His moments aren’t too bad either!

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

Ratedargh posted:

You can Play vs. CPU but there isn't a whole lot of incentive to do so in general, but there will be times you need to in order to further a program. For example, you have to beat the Yankees on All-Star in the Granderson program. I think they stopped including Play vs. CPU rewards after 2017.

Other than that...some of the moments will use your roster but that's about it.

You don't have to even do that to get Grandy necessarily. I ended up sticking DJ LeMai.. Le... gently caress it I'm not looking that up, gently caress the Yankees. Anyway I stuck him on the team until I got the XBH I needed

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pounded the Cubs 1-0 with a sac fly in the bottom of the 9th to get Kid K. I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead in pitching than I am in hitting. That's also always facing a team's 5th starter too, because I always start Shohei who is my 5th. I make whoever Jharel Cotton is look like Cy Young every time I play the Cubs because I can't lay off his change.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Can you all solve a mystery for me. I was checking my missions after a game and saw I had 5 of 10 hits with Red Sox players. But I can't find that mission anywhere. It isn't my daily. It isn't Boston's affinity quest.

A while ago there was a bug where I was tracking reliever Ks despite not having Eckersly. I wonder if there is another glitch am getting a preview of the next player quest. Thoughts?

Edit: I had a very satisfying win last night. I played two games, lost the first, which was frustrating. I think I was better than the guy I lost to, but I got very unlucky (loaded the bases twice and didn't score either time. Had the winning run at the plate when the game ended) and his team was all diamonds. He was pitching Kopech and that card makes me mad. Must have thrown 50 or 60 102 mph fastballs. He was throwing 101 in the 7th inning. Anyway. Because that garbage, my second game I was mis-timing everything. Scherzer racked up like 10 strikeouts against me just cause I was in front of every single pitch.

Anyway, its the ninth. It is 2-2. A couple innings before I suffered a stolen home run. My opponent has scored his two runs on a steal of home in which he missed the bunt, but the game didn't even have a play at the plate. Just declared Trea Turner safe on the steal. And a sacrifice fly from second base even though I had a green throw to my cutoff and a perfect throw home because the throw animation was so slow since my field had to turn from facing third to facing home. loving garbage.

In the top half, got a two strike fastball and Griffey loving crushed it to put me up 3-2. In the bottom half, the first guy (Juan Pierre? Some 97 speed dickhead) against Wood hit a seeing eye single. Next guy tries to drop down a bunt and run. Dude tries the kind of base-running horseshit he had been pulling all game. I, with no hesitation, field the bunt and fire it to third for one out then second for the double-play. Struck out the third guy for the win. gently caress that dude.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Mar 30, 2020

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Welp, never doing showdowns again. Had a run I could never hope to duplicate in the 1st inning one to get to the final stage 15-13 and stacked with diamonds. Played for 10 minutes against Jansen in practice mode to get a feel for his stuff and it still ended it 15-15 when I did it love. gently caress that. I just want to play with my DD team against the CPU with some hope of getting something other than the post game billionth of a chance at a diamond. I could play way too many games on conquest again to get 10 packs I guess.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

KDdidit posted:

Welp, never doing showdowns again. Had a run I could never hope to duplicate in the 1st inning one to get to the final stage 15-13 and stacked with diamonds. Played for 10 minutes against Jansen in practice mode to get a feel for his stuff and it still ended it 15-15 when I did it love. gently caress that. I just want to play with my DD team against the CPU with some hope of getting something other than the post game billionth of a chance at a diamond. I could play way too many games on conquest again to get 10 packs I guess.

If you’re after the Team Affinity cards, you can always play March to October to get them. A complete season and World Series win on Veteran (takes ~5 hrs) gets you 52 team affinity points for the team you choose to play with. That’s what I’ve been doing for some of the harder Showdowns (gently caress the NL East with Scherzer as the 2nd red mission on All-Star).

I’m currently in a Braves MTO and my team traded for Sir Didi, Trevor Story, Ketel Marte and Shohei Ohtani without giving up any of the starters, only prospects. On his debut, Ohtani went for a 15 strikeout 1 hitter and also went 3 for 4 with two HRs, a 2B and 6 RBI.

Edit: I want to say it gives you a bunch of XP and stars as well, since I’m already approaching 360 stars and silver L1. I have played and completed a bunch of Showdown as well, though.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 2, 2020

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

I just hit silver 1, took Posey (because gently caress the Yankees and gently caress that Gary Sanchez 87 card, I don't care if he's a cheat code I'm not using him), completed the "awards" collection, cracked the Ballin pack and pulled the new Ty Cobb. Dude plays like the Ichiro card last year with slightly more power.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

I just hit silver 1, took Posey (because gently caress the Yankees and gently caress that Gary Sanchez 87 card, I don't care if he's a cheat code I'm not using him), completed the "awards" collection, cracked the Ballin pack and pulled the new Ty Cobb. Dude plays like the Ichiro card last year with slightly more power.

I’m a Yankees fan and I didn’t take the Gary Sanchez card either because I can’t hit that well with him for some reason. Also that Mondesi card is loving broken. I’m glad I tried him out in the AL Central showdown as he hits SO much better than his stats.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did an MtO with the Angles and it was fun enough. 1st game of the WS vs the Nats and I got put in the Game up 6-0 in the 6th. CPU was kind enough to do it off Strasburg so I didn’t have too. Easy enough, while I’m not much of a hitter, I can pitch well. A 3 run and 2 run homer later and I sweat out a win. Next game enter down 5-2 in 6th against Scherzer, doomed. LaStella hits a solo in the 6th and even though no one else has hit it hard, they take him out in the 8th and I tie it up. Trout walks it off in the 9th. Last 2 games were uneventful.

So far I FotF Ohtani is a worse pitcher than the regular one for me, but it’s only been 5 games.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

KDdidit posted:

Did an MtO with the Angles and it was fun enough. 1st game of the WS vs the Nats and I got put in the Game up 6-0 in the 6th. CPU was kind enough to do it off Strasburg so I didn’t have too. Easy enough, while I’m not much of a hitter, I can pitch well. A 3 run and 2 run homer later and I sweat out a win. Next game enter down 5-2 in 6th against Scherzer, doomed. LaStella hits a solo in the 6th and even though no one else has hit it hard, they take him out in the 8th and I tie it up. Trout walks it off in the 9th. Last 2 games were uneventful.

So far I FotF Ohtani is a worse pitcher than the regular one for me, but it’s only been 5 games.

I did it with the Sox but I've stopped after the ALCS because I'm maxed on affinity points for right now and I'm not sure if any earned now will show up when they expand the team affinity program, so I'm just gonna wait. Devers rakes though.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have never done DD before, what are the later team affinity awards usually like, other than better players?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

as far as I'm aware, previous team affinities have only had one player, so we have no idea what later ones will look like. If I had to guess, I'd say legends though

EDIT: no they didn't I'm super dumb lol, there were 3 tiers, with the first mostly rookie versions of cards, the the later ones were whatever but better. Presumably the last one will be a team legend but who knows where they go with it

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 9, 2020

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

Yeah this is a new set up. Last year you could see the whole affinity track right at the start.

Excited for the 2nd inning drop today. I'm probably gonna take Hanley for sentimental purposes. Maybe I'll stick him in left field and pretend he's Manny

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I see there’s some prospect packs in the 2nd inning Conquest map, that’ll be nice.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Out of curiosity what hitting difficulty do you guys stick with?

Been playing the series just about every year since 11, still woefully bad and have to re-teach myself every year, but I’ve never found a reason to go beyond veteran or veteran plus in dynamic. Is that about the sweet spot for challenging but still fun?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I’m 90% veteran and 10% all-star. There aren’t enough reasons for me to play on higher difficulties in DD offline, which is what I play mostly. A few more TA points isn’t worth the stress in doing an AS MtO vs on Veteran and another million stolen in Conquest isn’t either. I get the best way to hit at higher difficulties is work the count and that’s my plan every time, but as Mike Tyson says, “Everybody’s got a plan until they (don’t) get hit(s).”

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
This is my first The Show and I was doing Dynamic difficulty for RTTS until I got to Hall of Fame and suddenly the next Greg Maddux was pitching at AA. All-Star seems about where I should sit at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don’t get the MtO playoff momentum/drop in thing. I played the Cards in the NLDS, who I had a 30+ game lead on in the Central and the 3 games I got dropped into were tied, -1, and -2. Games 1 was a walk off sac fly, 2 was a walk off HR, and 3 was a 3 run HR in the top of the 9th. I think after setting the regular season wins record we might have been good enough to have a lead after 5 innings in a game, but I guess not.

Had an easy win against the Tigers on AS for the Kaline moment, not sure I’ll bother going for him though looking at the 7 game series moment you need to complete