Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Good news if you confused Alex "(Brazilian) Cowboy" Oliveira and Charles Oliveira last week, the other one fights tonight. His opponent is a Kevin Lee that did not make weight, again. He weighed in at 158.5 at some point after the weigh in window, how long? who knows.

I somehow found out for the first time about Demian Maia fighting Gilbert Burns as I went to post this thread, that's a great loving co-main.

Johnny Walker makes his return tonight after being standing TKO'd by Corey Anderson, he fights Nikita Krylov, who I strangely don't know much about.

Amanda Ribas is also on this card, she owns, but I'm not sure if that opinion will change if she somehow loses to Randa Markos.

This looks like a really good card, too bad nobody will be there to see it.

Fights start in like 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I heard this got moved to ESPN proper due to lack of anything else to air; is it still on ESPN+ as well?

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County
I'm watching it on ESPN+ right now

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Yup should be both.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

I heard this got moved to ESPN proper due to lack of anything else to air; is it still on ESPN+ as well?

Can confirm its on ESPN.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Frig, I wish they'd turn down the commentary and turn up the ring mics slightly, get that Pride audio going

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Brut posted:

he fights Nikita Krylov, who I strangely don't know much about.

Krylov was initially going by the nickname "Al Capone" and this was his Sherdog profile picture

As such, he became an instant goon fave

He since changed it to The Miner to honor the area of Ukraine he's from. He's got decent striking, but has shown some grappling deficiencies

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

This fight got real weird.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

This is bad stamina management, and I was not prepared for how weird empty arena UFC would be.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

this reach advantage is wild

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

This one girl is getting into Kimbo - Dada levels of exhausted

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CarlCX posted:

This is bad stamina management, and I was not prepared for how weird empty arena UFC would be.

This is like a handful less people than the first fight of the night would normally have around this time, it's gonna get way weirder when we get to the people who we're used to seeing.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

These are going to be the only commercials I see for weeks if not months

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
one lass gass out

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Macedo seems cool

Edit: Lol she pulled her right into full mount 🤦🏻‍♂️

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Brut posted:

This is like a handful less people than the first fight of the night would normally have around this time, it's gonna get way weirder when we get to the people who we're used to seeing.

I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to Khabib/Ferguson happening in front of just Dana White, who is visibly doing rails to get over the lost gate revenue.

Being this exhausted and still trying to throw spinning back kicks is an impressive sort of fight IQ.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Just loving win the fight, she's not moving

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Brut posted:

I'm all for this, it's like watching Olympic exhibition bouts.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Stealth Tiger posted:

This one girl is getting into Kimbo - Dada levels of exhausted

Dude though, can you imagine having an actual fistfight last that long?

A 3 2 minute wrestling rounds is enough to run you ragged

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Lol she rolled her right into side control

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

CarlCX posted:

I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to Khabib/Ferguson happening in front of just Dana White, who is visibly doing rails to get over the lost gate revenue.

Being this exhausted and still trying to throw spinning back kicks is an impressive sort of fight IQ.

espn deal with ufc gonna start looking really good for them when ufc is the only sport on earth for months

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

amusing sloppy fun first fight

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

That's by far the sloppiest WMMA fight I've ever seen what the gently caress.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Is that what a Corona fight looks like?

Two fighters, just gassed to gently caress and trying to not poo poo themselves?

CerealCrunch
Jun 23, 2007
I couldn't stop laughing at that last round. Sooo sloppy

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

There is something really funny about all of this.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

BrotherJayne posted:

Dude though, can you imagine having an actual fistfight last that long?

A 3 2 minute wrestling rounds is enough to run you ragged

You've got to get less adrenaline fighting in an empty arena right? But then, do you not burn out the same way? Do you not get fired up at all if there's no crowd cheering you on, or is there less pressure and you can just focus on the job?

With nothing else to do with my time, I have become an expert psychologist.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Stealth Tiger posted:

You've got to get less adrenaline fighting in an empty arena right? But then, do you not burn out the same way? Do you not get fired up at all if there's no crowd cheering you on, or is there less pressure and you can just focus on the job?

With nothing else to do with my time, I have become an expert psychologist.

... you may actually have a point, it's a lot easier to get uppity and rally when you got folks cheering for you. Like even a handful of folks going ape would make a big difference

Edit: Maybe they need to issue bottomless drinks to the press spectators, they'd make noise soon enough

BrotherJayne fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 14, 2020

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

???

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

lol you only bust out those sunglasses when you think you've got the W

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Stealth Tiger posted:

lol you only bust out those sunglasses when you think you've got the W

Or tryna defend your virginity

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Wow! Started earlier than I expected! Maryna Moroz was in what I suggest is the worst UFC fight ever.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Wow! Started earlier than I expected! Maryna Moroz was in what I suggest is the worst UFC fight ever.

I believe this was originally scheduled to start 2 hours later.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Hematoma Fighting Championship

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

No audience noises is really weird.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Do you think Yahya can hear Bisping make fun of his hairline?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

wap wap hearin the ponches wap wap

the moroz and yahya fights were ok. Majority draw is a fun oddity.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Wait what the gently caress? I literally didn't watch them announce the scores because I was sure Yahya lost, they ruled that a draw?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gently caress, this is an early start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
For once, the crowd silence following a majority draw makes sense :v:

This is like a bunch of TUF fights but they figured out how to light the octagon better.