Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

XOPODS?!?!?! man I miss that guy! SIGN ME UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Confirming. I am really tired but tomorrow I will come in and enthrall you all with my witty posting

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

and read the OP

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hey guys I made it back barely before the end of the day AND I read the OP

I read all the posts too but so far they have been kind of boring. I think xopods is just naturally going to try and talk about the setup, that is kind of his thing so I am not all that put off by it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also really four votes on infi from that amni case? Oh right and OMGUS the universal scum tell that catches scum 20-25% of the time!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Omgus comes from voting someone who is voting you, but with bad reasoning, hence, ‘omg u sux’

Seems like your case on Amni to me, even if you do use “wafer thin” (it’s early D1)

I'm not here to argue about OMGUS, I'm just saying that's a fine spot for some town OMGUS. I agree with ASF that I am ok with Amni making a weak case to drive discussion.

You and squiggly... look a little opportunistic, like you were looking for something to jump on. Probably worse for you for tossing in the "I agree with the case" because it's not a very agreeable case.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Reading over squiggly, he seems alright outside the OMGUS, usual squiggly anger. The weird hey am I third vote omg I am fourth vote is awkward joking but he seems sincere in his earlier distaste for mechanics chat. Draw only attitude maybe not the towniest play though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks for being less if a poo poo infi

Again, I don't agree with xopods case but I don't think it's a scum effort, just a standard "D1 gotta find something" case.

##vote Sandwolf he's got the worst vibes of anyone who's started trying

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

Talk about misrepresenting things...

I'm voting for you because you posted in the thread when people were beginning to get serious and play mafia with a post that was not serious and not plying mafia. It's that simple.

I'm *still* voting for you because you feel like 30 minutes, when no one else posts in the thread, is 'ample time' to respond to a question and throw out a vote. That isn't the stance of someone that actually wants answers and will listen to them. That is the stance of someone that is ready to vote and is impatient. You don't care about my responses, you just wanted to vote me.

That last part is something I can get behind

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

Which case and what do you mean "again"? The only thing you said about me previous to this had to do with my mechanics discussion, which isn't a "case."

Sorry yes I had just said I thought Amni was town making a bad case against Infi and now I thought you appeared the same way.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

Yeah like the fact that he's posting

:rolleyes:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

I think opop is scum. Give me a sec to reread him to see if I still think that.

Oooh I never like posts like this, like provide some context for why you thought that before you go looking for reasons

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Alright, you came up with enough that I rescind my dislike of your setup

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The infi vote pinged me too since by then there was a lot of talk around the votes on him and plenty of back and forth so just dropping that in there is shady

I like it ##vote RF

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I love (for real) the Sandwolf stream of conscious posting

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

I don't see how it could possibly benefit Town for two players to agree to a slapfight. Especially if they agree to it before either of them know their alignments.

It's dumb and almost every time I see people thunderdome it turns out to be two town who fight all day and distract people from real scumhunting, it should only ever be done in a joking way if at all

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

chaoslord posted:

I know this was pages ago but lmao

Yeah it gets funnier every time he says it, let me tell ya

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

Hal, are you scum this game. Be honest, if you are scum, you have to tell me.

I didn't know thinking thunderdomes are dumb is a scumtell , please tell me more

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

FWIW I still kinda think this is a slip. That he's referring back to something he thought he'd posted, but either said somewhere else, or thought about posting but then didn't. Which isn't necessarily scummy, as Town can sometimes think about posting something and then not do it... just less often than Scum, since Town have less reason to worry what people will think.

While a mental error like that is only ambiguously scummy, proceeding to lie about it would be scummy, if indeed he lied about it.

This explanation that he was talking about what he said about Amni kind of makes sense, if you assume he really meant "Similarly," rather than "Again." But I'd find that much easier to believe if he'd been talking about Amni just before. An hour elapsed between the time he mentioned Amni and brought me up, he'd made a whole other post in between and talked about Squiggly a bunch, and there were several posts by other people.

IMO if he's lying about the explanation then the whole thing's very scummy. Comes down to whether you believe the explanation and I'm not sold. Maybe if he seemed Townie in other ways, but Grandis points about him are good.

Also just the way he soft defended me both re: the setup stuff and re: that case but otherwise hasn't really engaged much with me or what I've been saying... we've played enough times together that he knows I can be really aggressive once I'm latched on to someone. Contrast with Opop and Grandi's attitudes towards me.

(Been working on this post a bit so I see things have moved on as I preview... gonna catch up once I hit Submit.)

Maybe my wording was bad but Sandwolf understood what I meant and I made one post between the one where I said that about Amni and the one about you, I'm my self-centered head it was clear what I meant.

I'm actually surprised this is so hard for you to get

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

So, I am loathe to full on case Hal because my Opop case has traction, but his votes are super snipey on preexisiting cases. And all of his content feels like it is coming from the sideline. Someone with no horse in the race.

Fwiw I am very distracted by some real life stuff since this game started and I am not super engaged other than with what's happening when I check in.

Which is pretty much my MO all the time especially early game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

Ugh, I don't like this situation. I'm neither resistant to nor enthusiastic about either Infi or Opop as the lynch, and both have a mixture of people I think are probably Town and people I think are probably Scum voting for them. Which, despite my ambivalence about the people themselves, gives me a strong situational read that we're going to be lynching Town whichever we choose.

Really think we should be going with ASF.

ASF seems to be doing their usual thing which is frustrating but not really alignment indicative, I need to go back and see why you want them but I think that's just a crapshoot today

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

The fact that Sandwolf proposed a plausible excuse isn't exonerating to you. He shouldn't have done it, but there's nothing we can do about that now...

But if you are Scum and it was a slip and you were looking for an excuse, you would naturally use the one that at least one player has already indicated he's prepared to believe. So the fact that your excuse happens to coincide with what he thought you meant doesn't actually tell us anything at all, since he said it before you did.

Good lord so you really think it's just a coincidence that two posts earlier I said essentially the same thing about Amni

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

hella don’t like people coming in at the 11th hour to push on Infi

Well if they don't agree with the RF case what would you like them to do?

Who in particular do you not like?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

Sorry, Non-Ethnically Specific Organized Crime Ring.

Hmmm I may like this better than lumpens "informed minority" approach

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

How many of them end up with all but 1 person voting and no cuddle target picked?

I don't think it is all that uncommon really.

Also Sandwolf's late day play is reminding me of his early day play and I am back to not really feeling great about him

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Who isn't voting? And who starts a game with an even number of players wtf

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh its just amni not voting because he just unvoted, that's less frustrating

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

I'm hoplding my vote to see if RF is going to claim?

My understanding from the OP is people don't really have roles until they draw things, right? So what can he really claim?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods what have you been up to the last few years. Is there some new xopods-adjacent board or card game I could be playing?

Last time I really remember you being around here you were running a forums version of a card game you were working on that seemed like it was pretty interesting.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

That sultans game was pretty fun.

Sultans! That was it, thank you Grandi. I missed the signups and xops was like no worries hal I will run more and yeah well still waiting for that next game

(unless it actually happened and I was in it and I forgot)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

How many of you still have to go to work? I work with special needs so I'm always on but wondering how the rest of you are faring

I work in the movie theatre industry and most of them are closed down so I have very little to do right now but I can also do quite a bit from home so still keeping busy. Many many people I know who work more directly for a specific theatre have all been sent home with no pay for 1-2 months sadly and it is quite possible that could happen to me in a few weeks if things stay closed.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:ghost: raccoon goon me! :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

I am sorry for that. I am struggling to find a way to be active as scum that furthers my win condition when town is tearing itself apart.

Just tell everyone how terrible their cases on town are!