Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Now that we're a permanent sub, we could use a shiny forum-standard chat thread.

I don't know what this trout icon is for, but it rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Dash Rendar > Han Solo

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

imo Dash Rendar would own and wear this shirt when chilling out on a lazy Sunday

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Dash Rendar is who first taught me that ATST walkers are immune to seeker missiles but that they are very much vulnerable to some guy standing on some boxes in the corner of the room.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The trick to taking out an ATST is to run underneath it and fire straight up. Wonder why they don't just send those loader droids into battle instead and also why they put heavy weaponry on a droid that moves boxes around.

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

This forum right now:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

star warsin, across the universe

always going forward because yoda, and wookiees

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

reignofevil posted:

Dash Rendar is who first taught me that ATST walkers are immune to seeker missiles but that they are very much vulnerable to some guy standing on some boxes in the corner of the room.

they aren't immune if stand underneath and fire up at the cockpit :eng101:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Shouldn't the forum be renamed then? Without the RSF part.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ItBreathes posted:

any suggestions?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

the roger lodger

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Dash Rendar posted:

any suggestions?

I'm fine with gently caress midichlorians, it's just not an RSF, so it shouldn't be labels rsf. Rodger Lodger is better, I'll give you. Or Goon Con 2009 if you don't want it to be starwars specific. gently caress Midichlorians should be retained as a subtitle regardless.

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Dash Rendar posted:

any suggestions?

Star Wars - Prequel Anakin’s social skills

:smug:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

rsf - reality: sheev fucks

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

rise of space forum

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

cuntman.net posted:

rise of space forum

lol this one's pretty good

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mods plz rename this forum to Science Friction thanks in advance

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Star Heads

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

reignofevil posted:

Mods plz rename this forum to Science Friction thanks in advance

Mr. LaForge, reroute auxiliary power to quantum lubrication systems

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If we've supposedly got so much of this "space" stuff to go around why are we even fighting wars anyway

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I've got some prime space over here to sell ya. This stuff is the real deal! You can put stuff in it, or you can pump out some gas out of it and make it even more spacey, sell it at a profit. It's up to you! Only 5000 space bux per cubic kilometer :heysexy:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Mooey Cow posted:

I've got some prime space over here to sell ya. This stuff is the real deal! You can put stuff in it, or you can pump out some gas out of it and make it even more spacey, sell it at a profit. It's up to you! Only 5000 space bux per cubic kilometer :heysexy:

Sounds to me like the perfect spot for a hovertrain!

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I've got some bad news folks. The 70 year mission to get water from the asteroid belt has been interrupted due to our team being scraped off the face of the water asteroid by a different, bigger asteroid. There will now be no water for 200 years. thank you.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
There's always a bigger asteroid.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

FunkyAl posted:

I've got some bad news folks. The 70 year mission to get water from the asteroid belt has been interrupted due to our team being scraped off the face of the water asteroid by a different, bigger asteroid. There will now be no water for 200 years. thank you.

That's all right I was feeling like having a water war for a while anyway!

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

reignofevil posted:

Sounds to me like the perfect spot for a hovertrain!

What a wonderful idea!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

ItBreathes posted:

"Star Wars - Heroes on Both Sides" or bust

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

istewart posted:

What a wonderful idea!

i remember when i was a kid seeing those lego train sets in the big lego catalog and thinking "man, if i ever meet a kid with one of those i'll know their family is rich!"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Star Wars - I hate sand

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Hey if I keep posting in the Empire has the best score of the movies thread nobody's gonna, like, see all those back-to-back posts of mine and gas it in a Geena-Davis-mercy-killing-Jeff-Goldblum-by-blowing-his-head-off-with-a-shotgun-while-crying-hysterically way, are they?

I just like posting about the Star Wars scores and I'll take a silent goon readership over, say, trying to coax a meaningful conversation out of those bougie fucks at John Williams Fan Network Forums, yuck!

Edit: VVVVVVV Woot! Thanks for the info

SidneyIsTheKiller fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 24, 2020

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Nah go nuts. If you are posting content and if it is going underappreciated I give my blessing to multi post as anyone here sees fit. Gotta be content though, or really really funny spam.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah do it. Get your ideas out like it's a personal diary. I have no intention of gassing any thread at all unless it's offensive.

I guess if I'm even able to. Never tried it.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i remember when i was a kid seeing those lego train sets in the big lego catalog and thinking "man, if i ever meet a kid with one of those i'll know their family is rich!"

I knew a kid who a pretty big Lego space train track. Were they rich? I dunno. TBH he had a shitload of stuff, and they had built, not just a treehouse, but like a goddamn tree fort.

One time at one of his b-day parties I inhaled a piece of cake and choked and it was real scary.

Later that boy committed an arson and went to jail.

He's changed his name now and runs a gym.

That is the curse of the Lego.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Lego of your past. Kinex with the present. Build a better future.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

reignofevil posted:

Lego of your past. Kinex with the present. Erector a better future.

:colbert:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I knew there was a third set somewhere I could use to make a more perfect post but I just couldn't get all the pieces to snap into place. :smith:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

reignofevil posted:

I knew there was a third set somewhere I could use to make a more perfect post but I just couldn't get all the pieces to snap into place. :smith:

You should Lincoln Log off

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just saw a commercial for a new lightsaber toy that makes Chewbacca sounds.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Mooey Cow posted:

Later that boy committed an arson and went to jail.

He's changed his name now and runs a gym.

That is the curse of the Lego.

:eyepop:

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Yes, I never ranked one of the train sets. I had a couple of badass castles and I think one of the pirate ships, but any of the Lego train stuff was just on another level. And if you want to get ahold of a monorail set now... :laffo:

Since this is general SF forum now, tho, I wanted to highlight some of my old faves from Lego's original space stuff. I feel like a lot of it is genuinely more creative than much of the licensed stuff they're cranking out these days.

This one was a lot of fun to play with. Not only did the little guy on the buggy drop out of the middle pod, the two outer pods also detached as separate ships to zoom around. A really cool toy design, especially because kid me was obsessed with how the Enterprise-D's saucer could separate.

Check this dude out, cold chillin' in his supermaneuverable spy saucer with thrusters on each corner! Romulan sunglasses commodore, eat your heart out.

I think this is one of the biggest space sets I had, and it was one of the only Lego sets I remember that was held together with magnets. I think the central saucer popped out separately, and I want to say you could actually break up all 4 quadrants into separate ships...

And then of course they had totally hog-wild poo poo like Time Cruisers. Mid-90s Lego was probably their creative golden era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

istewart posted:

:eyepop:

Yes, I never ranked one of the train sets. I had a couple of badass castles and I think one of the pirate ships, but any of the Lego train stuff was just on another level. And if you want to get ahold of a monorail set now... :laffo:

Since this is general SF forum now, tho, I wanted to highlight some of my old faves from Lego's original space stuff. I feel like a lot of it is genuinely more creative than much of the licensed stuff they're cranking out these days.

This one was a lot of fun to play with. Not only did the little guy on the buggy drop out of the middle pod, the two outer pods also detached as separate ships to zoom around. A really cool toy design, especially because kid me was obsessed with how the Enterprise-D's saucer could separate.

Check this dude out, cold chillin' in his supermaneuverable spy saucer with thrusters on each corner! Romulan sunglasses commodore, eat your heart out.

I think this is one of the biggest space sets I had, and it was one of the only Lego sets I remember that was held together with magnets. I think the central saucer popped out separately, and I want to say you could actually break up all 4 quadrants into separate ships...

And then of course they had totally hog-wild poo poo like Time Cruisers. Mid-90s Lego was probably their creative golden era.

Thank you for sharing!