Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

May you have a better time than cda. Or, uhh, anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

QCSci-Fi

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1337670174430785536?s=19

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I still want James Cameron's Subnautica.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Lol Lowtax

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm 20 minutes into my first (and only) viewing of Rise of Skywalker and this is the worst movie I have ever seen. I am so angry at everything that is happening on the screen.

except the part with the millions of star destroyers lifting off from under a planet's surface. that was funny so i was okay with it

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Xinder posted:

I'm 20 minutes into my first (and only) viewing of Rise of Skywalker and this is the worst movie I have ever seen. I am so angry at everything that is happening on the screen.

It's ok as long as you shut your brain off. Don't think about what's happening on screen, really don't think about other Star Wars films, and if you can keep that up it's a C- action flick with serious plotting issues.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Some Goon posted:

It's ok as long as you shut your brain off. Don't think about what's happening on screen, really don't think about other Star Wars films, and if you can keep that up it's a C- action flick with serious plotting issues.

i was complaining about it being nonstop action scenes without any real conversations about what is going on between characters

and then there was a conversation and i instantly changed my mind and wanted everyone to shut up

edit to avoid doublepost: my wife just described the first 5 minutes with the analogy "it's like if Episode 2 started with an opening crawl saying there was an assassination attempt and then it jumped to obi-wan cutting down people on his way to Dex's Diner to be told "Go to Kamino""

Xinder fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 21, 2020

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Just go (re)watch The Mandalorian
Faverau/Filoni are our twin gods now.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
oh my god chewbacca just gets arrested offscreen

this is the funniest loving poo poo

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Some Goon posted:

It's ok as long as you shut your brain off. Don't think about what's happening on screen, really don't think about other Star Wars films,

It's ok if you turn off the video and sound and just read a book or do some baking for the length of the runtime.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
pros:
i liked the million star destroyers coming out from under a planet's surface
palpatine shooting his big force lightning at the sky was hilarious

cons:
i cant be reasonably expected to make a list, can i?
it's everything
literally everything
this movie is unsalvageable

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Cavalry charge on a star destroyer coulda been cool

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Oh I actually did like that, thanks for reminding me. It just slipped my mind in all the garbage surrounding it.

Like: why was Lando on that planet? So they establish that he came there with Luke hunting the sith compass, right? They failed to find it and Luke left then became a hermit for years leading up to TLJ. Did Lando just stay on this planet for all those intervening years? He doesn’t seem to still be looking for it anymore. Does he just like living here? Why was he suddenly an expert on Sith lore? Why does everyone suddenly know so much about Sith lore for that matter? It feels like every character reads wookieepedia when they’re not on-screen.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

From what I hear, there are some scenes that were pretty blatantly rewritten after they were filmed.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

When the third film in a trilogy establishes it's main plot point in the opening crawl (or fortnite) you're on ground shakey enough as to be actively having an earthquake from the word 'go'.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Stuck between condolences for watching Rise of Skywalker and being envious that it's the worst movie you've ever seen.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Xinder posted:

except the part with the millions of star destroyers lifting off from under a planet's surface. that was funny so i was okay with it

I mean, you have an avatar from the awful Utena movie instead of the series, so :shrug:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Roth posted:

Stuck between condolences for watching Rise of Skywalker and being envious that it's the worst movie you've ever seen.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

vortmax posted:

I mean, you have an avatar from the awful Utena movie instead of the series, so :shrug:

Submitting permaban

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
https://twitter.com/RandyOrton/status/1341318874604646400

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Roth posted:

Yeah that's pretty ridiculous if RoS is the worst movie you've ever seen.

I mean, the prequels exist even.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Roth posted:

Submitting permaban
Look Utena is my favorite anime and the movie is very pretty but the race cars.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I just realised how timely this is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfYx_013UuY

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KvWwJ6sh5s

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cCTgRax94o

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah that's pretty ridiculous if RoS is the worst movie you've ever seen.

I mean, the prequels exist even.

Rise of Skywalker is worse than the prequels

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Rise of Skywalker is worse than the prequels

:lol:

RoS was a completely mediocre and inoffensive movie. It wasn't great by any means but it wasn't actively bad. Just standard Disney fare. Some bad parts. In fact I don't remember much of it because it was just forgettable.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
what this forum needs is more threads dedicated to arguing about the relative quality of the star wars movies

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

what this forum needs is more threads dedicated to arguing about the relative quality of the star wars movies

I'm glad somebody said it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I like John Boyega and Adam Driver

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cease to Hope posted:

The main progress this forum has managed to make is having at least some threads avoid derailing into an argument about whether the last jedi is good or bad and precisely how good or bad is it and in what exact ways it is good or bad

...for now

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

NVM, I might need to buy a windows key for my friend in a day or two, will put this back after.

Fantastic Foreskin fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 14, 2021

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3nUeMR5k3E

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THFxKwUrBYY&t=24s

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1352542461223026688

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

*hyperventilating*

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Is bookmovie 3 gonna be The Era of Earth or The Song of Stone or something? Ripoff James.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I can't believe a movie I have never seen and everyone I've talked too cannot describe to me in any detail made a bunch of money. Like Avatar is this complete blind spot for my culturally where no one I know retained any information regarding it.

Seeing it get a sequel after (number) years is just as wild.