Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm 20 minutes into my first (and only) viewing of Rise of Skywalker and this is the worst movie I have ever seen. I am so angry at everything that is happening on the screen.

except the part with the millions of star destroyers lifting off from under a planet's surface. that was funny so i was okay with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Some Goon posted:

It's ok as long as you shut your brain off. Don't think about what's happening on screen, really don't think about other Star Wars films, and if you can keep that up it's a C- action flick with serious plotting issues.

i was complaining about it being nonstop action scenes without any real conversations about what is going on between characters

and then there was a conversation and i instantly changed my mind and wanted everyone to shut up

edit to avoid doublepost: my wife just described the first 5 minutes with the analogy "it's like if Episode 2 started with an opening crawl saying there was an assassination attempt and then it jumped to obi-wan cutting down people on his way to Dex's Diner to be told "Go to Kamino""

Xinder fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 21, 2020

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
oh my god chewbacca just gets arrested offscreen

this is the funniest loving poo poo

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
pros:
i liked the million star destroyers coming out from under a planet's surface
palpatine shooting his big force lightning at the sky was hilarious

cons:
i cant be reasonably expected to make a list, can i?
it's everything
literally everything
this movie is unsalvageable

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Cavalry charge on a star destroyer coulda been cool

Oh I actually did like that, thanks for reminding me. It just slipped my mind in all the garbage surrounding it.

Like: why was Lando on that planet? So they establish that he came there with Luke hunting the sith compass, right? They failed to find it and Luke left then became a hermit for years leading up to TLJ. Did Lando just stay on this planet for all those intervening years? He doesn’t seem to still be looking for it anymore. Does he just like living here? Why was he suddenly an expert on Sith lore? Why does everyone suddenly know so much about Sith lore for that matter? It feels like every character reads wookieepedia when they’re not on-screen.