Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mummy Napkin
I haven't seen the escaflowne movie in a long time but I remember it wasnt as chill as the series. Got real grimdark. I got back into Gundam for a bit when they put out Chars Counterattack in theaters. Any other old school Gundam fans on the byob?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

Mummy Napkin posted:

I haven't seen the escaflowne movie in a long time but I remember it wasnt as chill as the series. Got real grimdark. I got back into Gundam for a bit when they put out Chars Counterattack in theaters. Any other old school Gundam fans on the byob?

The first anime I ever saw was my uncle's bootleg copy of Char's Counterattack on VHS :whatup:

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

wearing a lampshade

Mummy Napkin posted:

Gundam wing was the first series for me. Watched some others after that but g-fighter was awesome.

Escape From Noise

Aren't there roughly ten bajillion Gundam series?

Heather Papps

hello friend

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Aren't there roughly ten bajillion Gundam series?

this is my struggle: i watched and enjoyed some gundam series as a boy, but figuring out WHICH one exactly has been tricky.

also, vision of escaflowne was metal as hell and i loved it very much, but never saw the movie? i should check it out, the mechstuff in that is maybe my favourite besides the evas

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

take the moon

by sebmojo
i haven't seen the series since I was a child so the movie seemed v cool. I get the vibe its p much the story compressed into a movie so make of that what you will. i'm not going to revisit the show probs. someone itt said the movie is a bit more grim and less chill? I know this is the chill anime thread but imo the movie benefited from a bit of tension*** im jazzed because I grabbed the movie set from a dying dvd store and my new posting rig... has a cd drive so ill prolly check out the special features and whatnot.

in a similar vein I liked the earthsea anime movie that like Hayao miyazakis brother or whoever put out

so many animes to discuss....

satoshi kon is indeed amazing. best part of paprika tho is the ost by far and its not even close. yea yea yea every frame a painting etc..... the ost tho. is there an earpop emoji? anyway id say paprika is like essential viewing for orb anime likers so fwtw also

kons show paranoia agent is also really really good and id list it near top of my fave animes ez pz

pls don't laugh me out of here if I inquire as to whether or not the last digimon thing was worth watching???

*** absolutely post chill animes itt tho T I A

take the moon fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 18, 2020

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Thanks for looking, but it was actually episode 2! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4EnwUFIid0&t=886s I swear I was going crazy thinking I imagined this. Looking at it now, the effect is silly early CGI, but I guess I just wasn't expecting her to morph like that, and the eyes just looked so malevolent. . .

Hm. Weird how things build up in your memory.

crimes

BoldFrankensteinMir

My first anime was The Adventures of the Little Prince, which they showed on Nickelodeon when I was little, alongside Eureka's Castle and Maya the Bee. Didn't read the Little Prince book until I was an adult, at which point I realized "oh, this explains a lot about the permanent mood in the back of my head".

Escape From Noise

I'm watching Pop Team Epic now and it fuckin' slaps. Great parody and surreal comedy

Escape From Noise

Woah. This just got referenced.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/f81a84c7b6957e62d7721e8af49baf5c/5e1cba4a4fd467fb-84/s500x750/7e59ffb6f446efba2cc4b5a43cc29dc3db9cabaf.gifv

wearing a lampshade

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I'm watching Pop Team Epic now and it fuckin' slaps. Great parody and surreal comedy
It's a good show

take the moon

by sebmojo

my face when the posting anxiety hits

take the moon

by sebmojo
lmk if theres a less intrusive way than the spoiler tag to spam up the op w/ gifs

Escape From Noise

take the moon posted:

lmk if theres a less intrusive way than the spoiler tag to spam up the op w/ gifs

:justpost:imho

Heather Papps

hello friend

wearing a lampshade

No job due to Roni so I'm watching one piece

Restarting from millenial dragon arc

Mummy Napkin
There is a bunch of Gundam series and range in quality. The original Universal Century timeline is kind of the elitist pick. There's plenty of "alternate universe" Gundams that are pretty self-contained. I'd just pick one that looks like it has the coolest robutts to you.

Dead Hippie Ghost

tears for queers
afk -> you know me
sponsored by Healer LLC
Srry to bump but I been watching Keep you hands off Eizouken and it's just a really good anime. It's about three high school girls who make badass robot anime and get up to a bunch of hi jinks to do it

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
rewatched oran high school host club while dragging feet on a job application. why doesn't haruhi, the hardest working member of the team, simply gillotine and eat their idle rich captors?

crimes

take the moon

by sebmojo
lmao

im sorry I haven't bumped the thread - my attn span is really bad right now ive managed to watch two episodes of megalo and that's it. they were good but I just cant stare at a screen without immediately engaging posting mode.

Im hoping ill get prescribed something to fix this

biosterous

livepost the next episode

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

is there a german word for enjoying a parody of a genre you aren't familiar enough with to get the jokes about?

one punch man.

BoldFrankensteinMir

I want to see One Punch Man fight The Tick, although I'm fairly certain the Earth would be destroyed.

Sig by Heather Papps

wearing a lampshade

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I want to see One Punch Man fight The Tick, although I'm fairly certain the Earth would be destroyed.

:pray:

wearing a lampshade

Watching one piece

take the moon

by sebmojo
k im in the mood so im gonna watch the escaflowne movie w/o dialogue then im gonna try to livepost watching some megalo boxing.

thx for posting yall.

I tried to get into one piece a few times and the early arcs were cool but idk I cant like watch 400 million episodes of the same characters until the universe collapses.

like theres only one piece how hard could it be to find yknoooooooooooo

<3 I am not critiquing im sure its good

take the moon

by sebmojo
sorry i meant to post about watching the eva movie w/o talking but got sucked into some reading. basically it was cool, fave shot was dark lt. person being all hype for war with buggy eyeballs. i dissected this scene and lost the post but basically it was a very red scene

i would say it kind of strained my attention as i took a break midway to vape but overall i dont think it was a bad experience

im gonna livepost megalo boxing starting um like 2/3 thru the second ep going for as long as i can... later today

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Heather Papps

hello friend

take the moon posted:

the eva movie

wait which? EoE or rebuilds?

take the moon

by sebmojo
i absolutely meant escaflowne loool. sorry. that must have been a confusing post

----------------

Heather Papps

hello friend

take the moon posted:

i absolutely meant escaflowne loool. sorry. that must have been a confusing post

only slightly

honestly holy poo poo the escaflowne mechs remain my fave, i think?

Heather Papps

hello friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK38WzlNvfk
drat, give my mech a cape

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Yuru camp is a nice chill, comfy anime

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

take the moon

by sebmojo

its rad. i forget everything about this tho. maybe i did see the movie as a kid? i distinctly remember blood-powered robot being an influence on me and there wasnt any of that in this clip

Chill la Chill posted:

Yuru camp is a nice chill, comfy anime

noted :)

----------------

treasure bear

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is really good, I love my precious space boys.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
just sat through DEMON CITY SHINJUKU, excellent 80s gory violence.

i remember trying to watch one on Manga Entertainment's Sputnik streaming service which was really similar, demons invading a city. The main character had a devil dog named Cerberus, that's all I remember. I think it started with a rooftop hospital fight?

crimes

super sweet best pal

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

One Punch Man couldn't defeat The Tick because Tick wouldn't fight a fellow hero so there'd be no fight to win.

BoldFrankensteinMir

super sweet best pal posted:

One Punch Man couldn't defeat The Tick because Tick wouldn't fight a fellow hero so there'd be no fight to win.

The law of comics crossover fights suggests one of them would think the other a villain, and although eventually they would realize the mistake and team up it always happens after at least one tiny bit of fighting (for the cover/trailer/etc). But with OPM any amount of fighting is a complete fight, so...

Also since both of them can jump to and from the moon with relative ease it might get blown up instead of Earth. We can only hope.

Edit- Alternatively if you're right and they team up immediately, villainy itself ceases to exist in about a half an hour. That's a team that makes The Defenders look like a Mahjong circle.

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Mar 25, 2020

Sig by Heather Papps

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I’m in the middle of watching JoJo part 5 but after I’m done with it I need to finish non non biyori and nichijou

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Heather Papps

hello friend

i forgot this anime is one that rules:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHHto0cJOqs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VlZ8mDR53A

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him