Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFrankensteinMir

I was invited to the anime thread, despite knowing little about anime. Let's see how this turns out...

Uh, which Adult Swim circa early 2000's standards have already been mentioned? Bebop, Trigun, etc. Watching Akira on the SciFi channel at 1 am, those were the days huh? Space Battleship Yamato toys in cardboard boxes more valuable than the plastic bits, my my.

Watching Ghibli with loved ones is a pure gift from heaven? Check.

One Punch Man is amazing proof deconstructionism is alive and well? Check.

I feel like I have nothing constructive to add, sorry anime goons. I'll just be friendly support, safe in the knowledge that Gigantor is not only the best anime theme-song, it is best theme-song in all television history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eyFyIKDnHM

Sig by Heather Papps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

My first anime was The Adventures of the Little Prince, which they showed on Nickelodeon when I was little, alongside Eureka's Castle and Maya the Bee. Didn't read the Little Prince book until I was an adult, at which point I realized "oh, this explains a lot about the permanent mood in the back of my head".

BoldFrankensteinMir

I want to see One Punch Man fight The Tick, although I'm fairly certain the Earth would be destroyed.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

super sweet best pal posted:

One Punch Man couldn't defeat The Tick because Tick wouldn't fight a fellow hero so there'd be no fight to win.

The law of comics crossover fights suggests one of them would think the other a villain, and although eventually they would realize the mistake and team up it always happens after at least one tiny bit of fighting (for the cover/trailer/etc). But with OPM any amount of fighting is a complete fight, so...

Also since both of them can jump to and from the moon with relative ease it might get blown up instead of Earth. We can only hope.

Edit- Alternatively if you're right and they team up immediately, villainy itself ceases to exist in about a half an hour. That's a team that makes The Defenders look like a Mahjong circle.

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Mar 25, 2020

Sig by Heather Papps