Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
we have a lot of similar tastes in anime. i've got a memory from Ghost Hound, that maybe you can help me: There's a scene in the first or second episode where the camera is driving past a forest scene. There's an amorphous black figure behind some trees, and its body changes suddenly before cutting away. i KNOW this happens in the first few episodes of Ghost Hound, but I went back and rewatched them and didn't find it.
this sticks in my memory because it was legit chilling. i expected the series to be much more horror focused than it was.

also tried showing my partner Mononoke, got in like 10 minutes before i remembered, oh poo poo, that first story arc is about abortion

crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
i cannot stress how visually stunning Mononoke was and remains. Honestly i think it should have gotten the praise Madoka got for it's visual style. What blows my mind is the precursor series, Samurai Horror Tales, is otherwise totally forgettable.

crimes

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Thanks for looking, but it was actually episode 2! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4EnwUFIid0&t=886s I swear I was going crazy thinking I imagined this. Looking at it now, the effect is silly early CGI, but I guess I just wasn't expecting her to morph like that, and the eyes just looked so malevolent. . .

Hm. Weird how things build up in your memory.

crimes

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
rewatched oran high school host club while dragging feet on a job application. why doesn't haruhi, the hardest working member of the team, simply gillotine and eat their idle rich captors?

crimes

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
just sat through DEMON CITY SHINJUKU, excellent 80s gory violence.

i remember trying to watch one on Manga Entertainment's Sputnik streaming service which was really similar, demons invading a city. The main character had a devil dog named Cerberus, that's all I remember. I think it started with a rooftop hospital fight?

crimes