Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/davdchristmas/status/1239196410857340933

Why is this better than sports?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
It is sports

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Marbula 1 is some of the best racing I've ever seen.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

no passing after the first turn, just like real F1

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

MakaVillian posted:

Marbula 1 is some of the best racing I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBWTFr3bNXQ

This is incredible. I hope this person gets paid or something cause this is too cool. Orange seems pretty good.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Jelle is the best. A+ material for when you're desperately fighting off the demon of sleep at 2 in the morning.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

big nipples big life posted:

no passing after the first turn, just like real F1

Did you even watch the race!? That was high drama! The agony of defeat and the thrill of victory!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Marble madness is literally the best nes game ever made.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Big Scary Owl posted:

This is incredible. I hope this person gets paid or something cause this is too cool. Orange seems pretty good.

The announcer is really good.

Race #2 was great.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
If you've got a lot of time to spare (and a lot of us seem to do these days), check out the marble olympics on the youtube channel.

Incredible production values and fake drama for hours.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

im seeing this and all I can hear is the Pocket Circuit race music from Yakuza 0

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Big Scary Owl posted:

I went from thinking this is dumb to yelling at my screen for that orange gently caress to get back into first in a span of like 3 minutes.

Lackloss
May 8, 2008
So sad Crazy Cats' Eyes aren't in the Marbula One Event this year.

FPS_Sage
Oct 25, 2007

This was a triumph
Gun Saliva
The announcer is incredible. Started watching this stuff last summer for the Marbleymics. There's hours of entertainment on their youtube channel.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I'm watching the 2018 Marblelympics and now I'm wondering about the making of the marbles. I wonder if it is possible to get a custom color one? I have no idea how they're made tbh

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I got linked to this a few days ago. Now all of a sudden I have a favorite team (Go Team Primary!), a racer on my team I can't stand (Mary needs to retire), and another team I can't stand (Limer fans are jerks).

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

get in there hazy

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I've been following marble racing for years, these scrubs are behind the times. El Pollo Loco for life even if he never wins anything. :mad:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Also I still remember the upset when Super Turtle rocketed off the course and almost broke the camera.

Hometown Slime Queen fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Mar 20, 2020

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Snarl from Balls of Chaos really hosed up during the 2018 qualifiers huh, crowd got super upset.

Stealth edit:Is there a thread for this on SAS? I feel like it would be quite fitting there.

Machaon
Sep 2, 2008
Some marble racing videos kept showing up in my recommended which made me think things like, "Why is that poo poo in there?" and "I'm not interested in that stupid poo poo, gently caress you youtube." Then late one night before bed I said, "gently caress it" and watched one. Now I've watched every one of the marblympics and sand rally series videos. My favorite team is the Hazers and I can't stand that Red No. 3. I don't even think he's a fuckin' marble!

Oh yeah and it prompted me to look for the marbles I had as a kid, but I couldn't find them. Probably threw them away. Oh well.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Everybody a fan of Comet now because of that one viral tweet, newbs to the sport cheering like total headasses, don't even know about Comet's marble doping scandal from 2016.

Slapdash
Mar 30, 2010

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Marble madness is literally the best nes game ever made.

The sad little sound that plays when you fall off the track just played in my head for the first time in 30 years.

How you do that?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Just flipped this on and my kids are freaking out about it with excitement.

I'm not even sure this counts as screentime, it's so wholesome.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Drunk Nerds posted:

Just flipped this on and my kids are freaking out about it with excitement.

I'm not even sure this counts as screentime, it's so wholesome.

:3: that sounds like a fun time! It's weird, I was never into marbles as a kid, but seeing this makes me get it now.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Marble racing is one of those things where you randomly get recommended in Youtube and think "what the gently caress is this, does anyone actually watch this poo poo" and then 20 minutes later you are screaming "COME ON JAWBREAKER" at your screen.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Reflector was robbed!

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Turambar posted:

If you've got a lot of time to spare (and a lot of us seem to do these days), check out the marble olympics on the youtube channel.

Incredible production values and fake drama for hours.

I remember randomly stumbling across some of these and in one of them the marbles in the crowd were getting too rowdy because their team lost, they were throwing things on the track and then were all expelled from the stadium for bad behaviour

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Dragonstoned posted:

I remember randomly stumbling across some of these and in one of them the marbles in the crowd were getting too rowdy because their team lost, they were throwing things on the track and then were all expelled from the stadium for bad behaviour

I mean that's just poor sportsmanship, shame on those Marbles

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Haschel Cedricson posted:

I got linked to this a few days ago. Now all of a sudden I have a favorite team (Go Team Primary!), a racer on my team I can't stand (Mary needs to retire), and another team I can't stand (Limer fans are jerks).

Yeah Mary is washed up.

I'm on team O'rangers and Snowballs

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

Nthing someone that had this pop up in reccomended, then BINGE WATCHED all of Marbleympics. I tried to explain it to co-workers and they looked at me like I was crazy.

...Go Hazers.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Every now and then I watch these for fun but then I realize I'm shouting at the screen like normal people shout at NFL

GET BACK IN THE GAME BLUE WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Curling is so weird in this, it feels like there's people playing it because some of the plays look calculated, but then you see the tracks where the marbles come and realize that no, they're not being thrown by a person. Are these things self-aware? :psyduck:

Enos Shenk posted:

Nthing someone that had this pop up in reccomended, then BINGE WATCHED all of Marbleympics. I tried to explain it to co-workers and they looked at me like I was crazy.

...Go Hazers.
Same, but instead of coworkers I'm trying to get a friend to watch it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
How do I know what the racing teams are?

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Team Momo for Life

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm also new to this, but I think you can check that in the wiki: https://jellesmarbleruns.fandom.com/wiki/Marble_League_Wiki

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

https://jellesmarbleruns.fandom.com/wiki/Marble_League_Teams

Edit: ^ drat you!

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 17, 2020

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Thank you! My kids are captivated by this, and there's no loving sports at all right now. I've been watching FTF channel stream madden games with live announcers and stat guy.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Big Scary Owl posted:

I was shamefully into this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i got really excited when the blue marble suddenly stole the lead from orange, then despondent when blue lost it