Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
mo mos, mo problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Hell yeah, that was an amazing performance from the Speeders!

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
After last year's debacle they've upped the ante and made it even less safe? They almost managed to kill one of their own referees this time around wtf.

With that said, incredible scenes

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

"I hope the O'Rangers don't win."

*Savage Speeders win the gold medal and take first place in the League*

"no not like thAT-"

Ghosty
Aug 13, 2020
After watching real marble racing for a while, you get desperate and start watching a bunch of lovely YouTube channels doing virtual marble races. They do, however, provide hundreds of hours of entertainment. None of them seem to have ads either, which is extra cool.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Go Bolts! loving finally.

And

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ha ha gently caress you orangers

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Why is there not a real life olympics equivalent of this event

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
gently caress you orangers

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
Okay I can't deny O'rangers poo poo the bed on that one and appear to be choking hard in the home stretch, but I still think they have this as long as Savage Cheaters don't pull some bullshit on them like in that one Marbula qualifier.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
I like the emergent 'team tactics', like the Speeders' asymmetrical launches, or that one Thunderbolt left breakdancing in the middle of the arena.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Why is there not a real life olympics equivalent of this event

Unfair advantage to Team USA, probably.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Hey, the app borked for a while there; what'd I miss?

...:dudsmile::dunkedon:

Mozi posted:

time to crack open a few orangers and see what the juice is like

Looks like it's all dried up.:rimshot:

Oh man oh geez five points oh man oh geez...except, though it's not rigging per se, I have a feeling that the order the events are filmed isn't the same as the order the events are uploaded, for the sake of dramatic effect.

I'm saying it could be the Wisps. I wouldn't even be mad.

Also check out the ref marble's expression after the fall.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
The Wisps are mathematically eliminated from winning the whole thing, but they're the only team outside the top three that can still finish in the top three.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Every team on that field had a plan to beat the O'rangers. I'm sure they were ready to take down any of their big, high profile rivals, but it's pretty clear the O'rangers didn't have a plan for any of the teams they faced in Group A. They didn't take those teams seriously and they paid for it.

If you look at the older events, then, beneath all that smug 'come-on-if-you-think-you're-hard-enough' arrogance and the obnoxious OOOOOing fans, there's always a solid, well-rounded team that knows exactly what they are doing and why. They want the attention. They want the negative press. They want anyone going up against them to feel the pressure, because that kind of pressure causes mistakes.

At least, they used to. I don't think that's true anymore. They're really starting to buy into their own hype. Green Ducks, Thunderbolts, and Team Galactic might not be all that high on the board this time around, but they're still world class teams who are competing in the Marble League because they deserve to be. There's no excuse for treating them like some kind of formality to get through before the "real" fights start. Do that, and, whoops, look what happens, you don't get to the next fight at all.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Are Team Galactic leading in 9th place finishes yet?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Team Galactic is good at giving half-hearted handjobs and not much else

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Showdown tournament today, with the teams that didn't make it into this year's marble league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UyGDVHNJT8

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
I'm just happy that the Savage Speeders can't get lower than 3rd place no matter what happens. Because of that, they auto qualify for ML21.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The black hole funnel is a terrible event. They should split it into two starting groups and have.a small funnel first. Or just get rid of it because the second half of the event is just a confusing mess.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Team Galactic is good at giving half-hearted handjobs and not much else

Well at least they're not cheaters.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
now we jumpin! :woop:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Honestly why is the halfpipe such a poo poo event?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Starting in 30 minutes: the last battle, the last event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX6v64i2rRs

Tofu Injection
Feb 10, 2006

No need to panic.
Very depressing to see the O'rangers lose but they really have no one to blame but themselves. Sad choke.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Not gonna poo poo on the Orangers this time cause I'm happy the Savage Speeders won! I was really worried after the placement race, cause we got a really good placement and then when the race actually started it looked like Speedy had lost some steam and the Orangers were gonna win, but it all turned out fine in the end :unsmith:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I had such high hopes for you, Raspberry Racers. I believed in you when nobody else would. And you let me down...

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Why did it have to be the Speeders?

Stunning performance from the Maniacs, though. Gutted that the Wisps lost so much steam, *just* missed the podium, but oh well.

Oceanics have to be pleased with a mid-table finish after last year. Team Galactic hopefully have put the host's curse to bed with a top half finish.

Sad to see the Hornets and the Green Ducks walk away with nothing at all, but it's kind of incredible that Mellow Yellow finished 14th with three medals. If they can get some consistency going, they could be a real threat next year. The Green Ducks definitely seem to have hit their sophomore slump, though.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Suck it O'rangers!

Terrific performance by the Minty Maniacs!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Remora posted:

Stunning performance from the Maniacs, though. Gutted that the Wisps lost so much steam, *just* missed the podium, but oh well.

Oceanics have to be pleased with a mid-table finish after last year. Team Galactic hopefully have put the host's curse to bed with a top half finish.

Sad to see the Hornets and the Green Ducks walk away with nothing at all, but it's kind of incredible that Mellow Yellow finished 14th with three medals. If they can get some consistency going, they could be a real threat next year. The Green Ducks definitely seem to have hit their sophomore slump, though.
They only got a single bronze medal so maybe not? That is loving terrie.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Team Galactic is incapable of not being mediocre

but gently caress the Orangers

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Team Galactic is incapable of not being mediocre

They were tied for 6/16 and lost the tiebreaker on medal count so that's better than mediocre, especially considering the host curse.

Most importantly though, gently caress the oranges. I'm just sad they didn't get bumped down to 3rd or 4th.

Almost as importantly, what on Earth was that nonsense in the qualifiers giving the Cats' Eyes 5th because they got stuck?? That's horse poo poo.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
God dammit O'Rangers. Why did you put Kinnowin in? Orangin is the best racer on the team, as he's proven time and time again to be the top racer in the O'Rangers, and one of the best in Marbula One. What the hell was the coach thinking? They had such a lead going, and in the last few events they just choked. They got too comfortable on top I think.

Still, 2nd place overall isn't too bad, and I'm happy for the Savage Speeders and their fans. Also nice to see the Minty Maniacs and Midnight Wisps up towards the top. Overall, a pretty good marble league this year. Looking forward to lots more marble competition.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Master Twig posted:

God dammit O'Rangers. Why did you put Kinnowin in? Orangin is the best racer on the team, as he's proven time and time again to be the top racer in the O'Rangers, and one of the best in Marbula One. What the hell was the coach thinking? They had such a lead going, and in the last few events they just choked. They got too comfortable on top I think.

Still, 2nd place overall isn't too bad, and I'm happy for the Savage Speeders and their fans. Also nice to see the Minty Maniacs and Midnight Wisps up towards the top. Overall, a pretty good marble league this year. Looking forward to lots more marble competition.

I won't lie, these last 3 events have hurt bad for O'Rangers fans, but to be perfectly honest I was quite pleased to see them show up as the silver medalist overall since I thought for sure their piss-poor performance in the marathon would land them squarely in 3rd. Missed it by one measly point but hell, I'll take it.

I mean after all, we made it into the final screenshot along with the Savage Speeders around the trophy. That ain't nothing. :unsmith: And I must say, I hold no ill will towards the Speeders. They raced beautifully and earned every bit of that gold.

My wife will be excited to hear that the Crazy Cats Eyes are hosting next year. That's her favorite team!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Crazy Cat's Eyes got the mulligan and then are the hosts of next year then? :abrathink:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
while tensions ran high and some harsh words were said at the end of the day we're all just trying to roll downhill together no matter which team we support

that said - in 2021 the Jungle Jumpers will destroy the weak and pitiful competition

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Yeah let's not forget that while these little spheroids are elite athletes, once the competitions end they're just regular marbles leading their daily lives, and also gently caress the O'Rangers.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Master Twig posted:

Hubris and ego. Kinnowin's the Captain, so obviously he had to be the one to "win the final event" and beat the Speeders captain.

So they just plain ignored that Speeders picked Speedy because he's a Marbula 1 champion, that this would be just about a Marbula 1 race, and that Orangin's the one with Marbula 1 experience.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Hubris and ego. Kinnowin's the Captain, so obviously he had to be the one to "win the final event" and beat the Speeders captain.

So they just plain ignored that Speeders picked Speedy because he's a Marbula 1 champion, that this would be just about a Marbula 1 race, and that Orangin's the one with Marbula 1 experience.

Yep. Speedy was picked not because he is the captain but he always pulls through in the clutch. We needed the win in 2016, Speedy. Marbula 1 last race, Speedy. Even now in this final event, Speedy. The Savage Speeders knew what they were doing.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Collision is just random, uncontrollable bullshit now and O'rangers lost to RNG on that one, not any other team. Seems pretty rigged tbh

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

"Now"?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Riatsala posted:

Blah blah blah O'rangers lost blah blah blah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Remora posted:

It's heartbreaking to see the Wisps just miss the podium, but they had a really good year, and I think this is going to be the motivation they need to push themselves harder next year. They've definitely competed their way into my heart and made me a fan.