Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

gently caress yes a thread for this! Marbula 1 is the only sport.

I was watching this at work and people were asking what race I was watching, and every person I showed my phone to loved it. I don't know why but this poo poo is just so good.

Especially love the English accent announcer. It makes it feel much more serious and "official".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

gently caress yeah Midnight Wisps hitting that podium! It's not a good, but I'll take it. We had 2 consecutive gold's in 2018, let's do it again in 2020!

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Fuckin' blowrangers amirite. My wispy boys beefed it, but shout-out to honey for keeping up! I was surprised, I didn't think they had the density to make it.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

timp posted:

Same and same. To the poster upthread who was lamenting the dangers of marble sport, you might want to skip the next event :black101:

Sucks to be the punchline to the Oceanics little "stunt" in this event but whatever, still winning by 20 points. I forgot to post about how in awe I was of the O'ranger's athleticism during the high jump last week, and that high point has now been met with its nadir. So emotionally it's all a wash. :|

And honestly, I gotta give it up to all 4 finalist teams in this event. The Hazers dominated for that bronze medal, and the Wisps beating the Speeders by .01 seconds?? That's just good Marble League right there, I don't care what team you root for!

In all honesty, this is true. We're witnessing a new era of sports. Seeing the drive some of these players have is humbling. This is such a physically demanding sport, it's a literal wonder as to how these marbles perform at this level.

gently caress YEAH WISPS! The clock strikes Midnight yet again! Let's show these SlowRangers what time it is!

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 11, 2020

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Remora posted:

Why did it have to be the Speeders?

Stunning performance from the Maniacs, though. Gutted that the Wisps lost so much steam, *just* missed the podium, but oh well.

Oceanics have to be pleased with a mid-table finish after last year. Team Galactic hopefully have put the host's curse to bed with a top half finish.

Sad to see the Hornets and the Green Ducks walk away with nothing at all, but it's kind of incredible that Mellow Yellow finished 14th with three medals. If they can get some consistency going, they could be a real threat next year. The Green Ducks definitely seem to have hit their sophomore slump, though.

It's heartbreaking to see the Wisps just miss the podium, but they had a really good year, and I think this is going to be the motivation they need to push themselves harder next year. They've definitely competed their way into my heart and made me a fan.