Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So I work for a school system, and we're shut down for at least 3 weeks now. All my kids are still in grade school (and are at home) and we're not going anywhere during this thing.

I'm trying to keep us on a schedule (a very loose schedule). Generally wake up, do our chores (take out trash, wash/fold clothes, wash/put up dishes, etc), do online school work, play board/video games.
The big thing is not to eat too much. It's SUPER hard to not just snack all day long. We also go on a daily walk with the dog and doing some yard work.

So even if you get the sickness you're still going to have to sit around the house all day til you get better. So, are you self quarantined? Forced? How's it going, and what's your plan to deal with the boredom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I usually work from home as a freelance video editor and picture toucher, but a severe lack of contracts got me to start waiting tables very recently. Recently as in a bit under 2 weeks ago.
Waiting tables. In a restaurant.

So I'm back to not-working from home!

My wife is a teacher but has been off-work (burnout) for 2 years now. Schools are closed anyway.

We're kind of proper hosed unless someone figures out a miracle cure, adds it to the water supply and everything magically goes back to "normal" within a week.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Working! With the public!

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Just hanging out, playing Nintendo

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

hunting down toilet paper

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Welcome to an isolated life at home, it is surprisingly hard not to go crazy. I recommend taking a lot of drugs and letting time "slip" between deadlines.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Under self quarantine with all the symptoms of coronavirus.

I'm doing a lot of laying down. Sometimes in my bed, sometimes on my couch. Also doing a lot of temperature taking, checking my blood oxygen levels, and taking pills.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
i get to work from home for the next 2-3 weeks and it absolutely rules. everyone is just loving around at home like i’m doing right now which means less meetings and work in general

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

dk2m posted:

i get to work from home for the next 2-3 weeks and it absolutely rules. everyone is just loving around at home like i’m doing right now which means less meetings and work in general

Just watch out cuz if you weren't on the clock 24/7 before, you will be soon

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

pnumoman posted:

Welcome to an isolated life at home, it is surprisingly hard not to go crazy. I recommend taking a lot of drugs and letting time "slip" between deadlines.

That's a great idea, but I have to take care of young kids. I will imbibe at night when they go to bed though.

Tip posted:

Under self quarantine with all the symptoms of coronavirus.

I'm doing a lot of laying down. Sometimes in my bed, sometimes on my couch. Also doing a lot of temperature taking, checking my blood oxygen levels, and taking pills.

I'm certain you'll be fine. Just drink water/gatorade/juice. I know it sounds cliche, but I had H1N1 several years ago and I went from feeling like dying, to feeling just bad based on nothing but hydration.

What are you taking your temp with? I have one of those electronic "reads the temp on your temple" things and I just don't really trust it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

dk2m posted:

:same:

This poo poo's going to last 8 weeks btw, not 2-3.

I just hope I don't lose my job from all of this.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i was fortunate to already work from home and have no kids so it's more or less the same as before except the air smells a bit more of bean

probably going to start gardening and stuff soon. bang on a drum for a while, spend hours on the internet watching the world collapse. whatever

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Mostly just playing video games with my dog OP

Thinking about getting really into Star Wars Legion and painting miniatures like a true goon

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
This might be the first time in years i'm able to play a game of Europa Universalis IV

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Putting in one last day at work so I can finish stuff at home. Then it’s Animal Crossing until I am sent for again.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Play video games, work, and wish I had a pet.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Working with the public and probably getting infected. Lol

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Worrying.

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

I tutor math at a local tutoring center while I work on satisfying prereqs for HS credential programs. Everything educational is shut down and hosed right now and it’s pretty hard not being able to tick off boxes for the future or work right now. I feel really bad for people who are student teaching right now.

Spending a lot of my time working through a stats textbook since I did poorly in it during college and figured I’d give it another shot.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Working from home. Drinking heavily. Listening to the wife cry herself to sleep every night while we tell the kids everything's going to be fine.
I guess the "good" news is that the wife was laid off indefinitely yesterday but I'm actually happy about it because she worked managing a bar in DC and we were sleeping in separate bedrooms to prevent both of us from getting sick at the same time.

I bought a shotgun which I am picking up tomorrow so I've got that going for me I guess.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 16, 2020

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
My school closed down and I'm a student worker, so I have an enormous amount of free time right now. I've been trying to be somewhat disciplined in my daily routine. Lately it's been: wake up, enjoy a cup of coffee in silence, meditate for 30 minutes, and go on a brisk walk. The rest of the day is divided between chores, video games, reading, and noodling around on guitar.

So far it's been pretty relaxing despite all of the uncertainty and economic fears.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Kids Schedule:
7 AM wakeup.
7:30 Get ready for school
8 AM: Run to school and back
9 AM: Academic time: Spelling
10 AM Creative Time
11 AM Academic time: Math
12 PM Lunch
12:30 PM cleaning time
1 PM Reading time
2:30 PM Academic Time: History
3:00 Creative Time
3:20 Run a lap around the neighborhood
4 PM Snack time
4:10 PM Homework time
After homework, free play until dinner.

My Schedule:
6:30 AM Wake up and read SA
7 AM - 4:30 PM: Be an unpaid teacher of two hyperactive twins
4:30 PM Slay the Spire
5:00 PM Make and Serve Dinner
5:45 PM - Bedtime: Drink

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

cranking my hog op. just going buck wild over here

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Finally have time to let the moustache grow in.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

I work at a ski shop that switches over to water sports in the offseason. Normally we take care of that transition during store hours, but with the quarantine there hasn't been much business to justify staying open. My schedule this week is just moving things for 3-4 hours before going home. Most likely we're only going to be open 4 days out of the week until this whole thing blows over.
I also do carpentry and every job has been brought to a halt until further notice.

If it's dry enough later today I'm probably gonna go skate

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This would be absolutely the best time to finish up my capstone paper but I won't get to be quarantined due to the public nature of my job.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I work from home and my wife's a teacher. She had to go in today but after this she's out for 2 weeks unless the closures in VA get extended, which I suspect they will with how things are going.

We watched Contagion last night, neither of us had ever seen it before. It was good, I guess? I have a bro-crush on Matt Damon so I'll watch anything with him in it. I found the tone of the movie more unsettling than the subject itself. It's hard to explain how it made me feel. The cinematography and the music and the general lack of character development made it feel like I was like...I dunno, clinically detached from the entire thing as I was watching it.

Anyway we're homebodies aside from eating out once in awhile so being stuck at home won't be too big a deal I don't think.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

spacetoaster posted:

I'm certain you'll be fine. Just drink water/gatorade/juice. I know it sounds cliche, but I had H1N1 several years ago and I went from feeling like dying, to feeling just bad based on nothing but hydration.

What are you taking your temp with? I have one of those electronic "reads the temp on your temple" things and I just don't really trust it.

I have been drinking all the powerades.

Also, I'm using a Vicks quick read thermometer and I don't trust it. It's more concerned with giving a reading in 8 seconds or less than it is about accuracy. I take three readings and go with the highest one.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Working. Just bough a giant rear end Dunkin donuts iced coffee too. Handed to me by a COMPLETE STRANGER!

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I work in a warehouse so I'm still here forking around but all our customers are probably quarantined so who knows. Not a lot of orders today :/

guitartorch
Jan 4, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Im watching all the absolute simpsons classics, pooping, farting, and trying to get by.

guitartorch
Jan 4, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cage Kicker posted:

I work in a warehouse so I'm still here forking around but all our customers are probably quarantined so who knows. Not a lot of orders today :/

what's in the warehouse?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm going to work and taking public transit because my life is worthless lmao

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I have forty thousand rolls of TP lying around so I'm wiping my rear end hoping to produce religious imagery that I can sell

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Hanging out in bars and in malls.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
drinking

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

My office is sending me to work from home, so yay? On the flip side there shouldn't be much work do be done.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Same thing I always do OP, try to avoid as many people as possible.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Gotta give firm and slightly moist handshakes to as many people as possible, to show that you are a real cool guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

I'm full time in med tech school right now while only working one half shift a week at a hospital so it was pretty easy for me to just dip when poo poo got too goofy, which was last Wednesday. It was wild going from the first patient just the Monday before with people joking about it still and having a good time, to basically sheer panic on Wednesday as someone close was presumed infected. School was still open on Thursday where they crammed 25 of us into tiny half-sized class rooms for hours to take exams. I wore a paper mask out of desperation. The atmosphere was very tense. Unbelievably they send us back to our clinical hospital the next day, but basically cancel them halfway through the day and send everyone home.

so its been unbelievably excellent being able to just smoke a ton of weed. currently just catching up on a ton of movies, while also checking out some old poo poo. ikarie xb-1, forbin project, outbreak, lego movie, who is America. actually playing music again. I hope we get some sick plague times mix tapes out of this bullshit.