Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Siljmonster posted:

i wrote a lovely improv album on a microbrute and also i lost both my jobs

https://varissoitto.bandcamp.com/releases

Come to the synth thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3617837

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

got insanely stoned and got the last of our quarantine supplies (like two months worth of cat food and liter, some toilet paper, etc). planning on spending tomorrow reading akira, tekkoninkreet, getting high, playing dreamcast and spending time with my kittens.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Just hanging out I guess. Cleaning, working out, spending time with my son. I have to go back to work on the 23rd but there are no students so I'm not sure what they want us to do. I want to buy a crossbow but the wife won't let me.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
It happens to be my last week at my job. They are letting us work remotely and I don't have a lot of responsibility right now. Meanwhile, my wife is working 12+hour days as a result of the virus.

So I'm going to smoke weed and play so many fuckin video games.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I'm a high school teacher and all the schools in my country (Norway) have been closed at least until Easter. We are trying to keep up education via digital platforms, but since the server capacity of those platforms was in no way intended to handled as much traffic as we're seeing now things are a bit precarious on whether or not students are actually able to reliably access the courses digitally during school hours (which is what we're hoping to maintain). It also doesn't help that I'm teaching in one of the more economically challenged areas in the country, especially when it comes to child poverty, and many students may not have reliable internet access at home (though they are all issued with computers by the school).

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i have decided to pass away

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Going to work, apparently. At a restaurant.

Thanks bojo!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
My best online D&D group has just blew up so I guess not playing D&D :(

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
im making GBS threads but for once its not in front of a crowd

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Kuato posted:

I'm playing a lot of Star Wars Battlefront 2 and drinking a lot of alcohol. Lot of newbs on, who are likely casual gamers trying to kill time, so it's pretty sweet. Getting top 5 almost every round. And each round is like 3 hours long. "For the Republic!"

I too, am a veteran pro at Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I haven't been in quarantine but I've been staying at home as much as possible. Just now felt a cough coming on though, gently caress.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Grevling posted:

I haven't been in quarantine but I've been staying at home as much as possible. Just now felt a cough coming on though, gently caress.

Every time I cough now, its like everyone freezes and just stares at me (imagine ominous tension building music playing)... I smoke people! Chill!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

My Shoes posted:

Every time I cough now, its like everyone freezes and just stares at me (imagine ominous tension building music playing)... I smoke people! Chill!

you know how in zombie movies the dude gets bitten and pretends he didnt and turns 2 scenes later? youre tapping in to 20 or 30 years of pop culture telling everyone youre already dead and youll kill everyone else lol

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

My Shoes posted:

Yeah I can't help getting a little conserned when I'm out in public and somebody is noticably coughing. I never cough though so this could be the virus.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I was kind of intending to go and get some beers too since I have tomorrow off. Goddamnit.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Robo Reagan posted:

you know how in zombie movies the dude gets bitten and pretends he didnt and turns 2 scenes later? youre tapping in to 20 or 30 years of pop culture telling everyone youre already dead and youll kill everyone else lol

Haha awesome :P

Grevling posted:

I was kind of intending to go and get some beers too since I have tomorrow off. Goddamnit.

get em anyway. frack it. :P (sorry been reading the ru paul thread)

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

My desire to feel smugly superior about being one of the good ones who listens to the government is stronger than the desire for beer at the moment.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

At some point im definitely going to *pretend* to be sick to get a few days off work. I'm holding on to that tho until we get further into this.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Well, classes are all going online after today, but they haven't actually closed the school. I'm not sure if it's going to be dead at work tomorrow or packed with students (and adjuncts) who don't have adequate computer access/ability to work from home.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Ive been having sex with a bar of soap in an effort to create a soap monster capable of crushing the virus

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

gleebster posted:

Well, classes are all going online after today, but they haven't actually closed the school. I'm not sure if it's going to be dead at work tomorrow or packed with students (and adjuncts) who don't have adequate computer access/ability to work from home.

Most colleges and universities already have an online LMS set up for various things. It should be fairly simple to shift online. All my classes are online now and things are smooth. Deadlines are extremely loose rn though.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

My Shoes posted:

Most colleges and universities already have an online LMS set up for various things. It should be fairly simple to shift online. All my classes are online now and things are smooth. Deadlines are extremely loose rn though.

We have a certain population of students who are not necessarily familiar with our LMS. I guess we're about to learn how large that population is. And of course, the campus is not actually closed, so I have to go deal with this largely older subset of nontraditional students. How fun.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

gleebster posted:

We have a certain population of students who are not necessarily familiar with our LMS. I guess we're about to learn how large that population is. And of course, the campus is not actually closed, so I have to go deal with this largely older subset of nontraditional students. How fun.

everyone i see who's never done an online class is pumped for this because they think theyll have less work to do. my experience is you have to put in a lot more effort because unless there's a proper lesson set up in video form, which is rare at my school, you have to do a lot more work since novody is there to tell you what's important

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

precision posted:

Real post:

I start a new job tomorrow managing a restaurant in a state that has not yet placed any restrictions on us

I'm taking care of my grandmother who is 79 years old and diabetic

We can't afford for me to not work. She has no bank account and lives on a small social security check

I may be in a position where I really have no choice but to put my grandmother in harm's way

So I'm going to pray and smoke a lot of weed while existentially breaking down

:smith:

Everything will be fine. I imagine a lot of people will NOT be coming into your restaurant, so less chance of catching the virus. And if business isn't busy, you can't be faulted for going to minimal staff (letting folks go take care of their personal stuff).

Also, keep grandma hydrated and on vitamins (and on a healthy sleep schedule). It might not be much, but having the healthiest immune system you can is good.

Randarkman posted:

I'm a high school teacher and all the schools in my country (Norway) have been closed at least until Easter. We are trying to keep up education via digital platforms, but since the server capacity of those platforms was in no way intended to handled as much traffic as we're seeing now things are a bit precarious on whether or not students are actually able to reliably access the courses digitally during school hours (which is what we're hoping to maintain). It also doesn't help that I'm teaching in one of the more economically challenged areas in the country, especially when it comes to child poverty, and many students may not have reliable internet access at home (though they are all issued with computers by the school).

A lot of our regular class work is done online, and all of our homework is, so it's not terrible. We're also keeping the lunch rooms open for kids that want to come by for meals.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

gleebster posted:

oh drat. sorry buddy.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
San Francisco area just got ordered to cease all non- essential business.

Crossing my fingers the same happens in San Diego. I fully recognize this is a lovely, selfish hope. But I got lots of cash savings and I want a vacation!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I got a latte from the corner coffee shop. Takeout only. Dang good. Gonna poach a few eggs now BITCH.

I have some Excel spreadsheets to tinker with but the financial markets are all hosed up so I'm kinda in a wait-and-see mode right now.

Other than that my plans are as follows:

- Go on a ~10 mile bike ride
- Play some video games
- Play with my weener.

:grin:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I had a phone meeting today first thing. Then I vacuum sealed some chicken breasts while dancing to some Stevie Wonder (songs in the key of life) and Blackalicious (Blazing Arrow). Then I made a quesadilla with some leftover pork. now i'm smoking weed, have made a Quarantini, and am going to play witcher 3. might jerk off first I guess. the end.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

remote work schedule virtually unchanged for me. glad to have work though.

rn gearing up for a bike ride in my deserted downtown.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’m unemployed and nervously trying to keep up with hobbies. I’m going to work on learning some music software and I’ve sewn some patches on things.

Luckily my supplies are ok, I know a guy who had to wipe his rear end with his hand for three days.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDWOpts_Z3o

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I got a vasectomy a few months ago and I'm putting it to good use

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Resident Evil 4 holds up remarkably well and I've been having a ton of fun suplexing dudes so their heads explode.

TP situation is holding up fine, I think the wife and I can survive several weeks if need be. I've got lots of trees in the backyard for leaves if needed.

A Fancy Hat fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 17, 2020

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf
trying to pretend that this isn't the end of normalcy as we knew it.

hoping to gently caress that the aerosol masking effect isn't real

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Zippy the Bummer posted:

If i lose access to booze i will probably die soon. might should stock up, which would be challenging since i only drink beer
Based on my experience the other day of driving around to get out of the supermarket parking lot, people are buying a lot of beer.

I just started selling online so while my jobs aren't suspended (for the moment), I'm spending my non-work time mostly at home measuring, writing descriptions, and taking photos. I've bought a lot of stuff to sell and the amount of money I've spent in the past few months is rather horrifying so I want to get that stuff up there and sold to make my money back. As a result my room (I share an apartment with two other people) is getting cleaner and more organized generally.

I am also going to start (and finish, with any luck) some sewing projects I've been wanting to do. The fabric I've been eyeing for a 1930s feedsack dress was on sale for $2 a yard the other day so I bought some. Also have a lot of unfinished projects to work through.

Thanks for asking!

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Gonna glue a VR headset to my face and live somewhere better for a bit

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

StabMasterArson posted:

Gonna glue a VR headset to my face and live somewhere better for a bit

Is city 17 a better world?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29dDHY2NShU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Hanging out on goontu.be and applying for jobs with government orgs and universities who almost definitely are in the midst of a hiring freeze. Cooking lots and supporting my partner who works as court support for domestic violence victims. Shes seeing quite an uptick in cases due to all of this. :(

All the shifts for my part time bartending gig got cut, but the theatre manager ordered tons of TP and is distributing to all of his poopy butt having employees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Not a lot of work has been done at home. I went grocery shopping today, feeling bold since I am a healthy individual and not an old and my parents are a state away. No flour or vegetable oil to be had. Not surprising. Store was also cleaned out of chicken thighs but had plenty of chicken breasts. I am shocked and annoyed since I live in a predominantly affluent area and know for a fact that white people love their white meat.