Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

spacetoaster posted:

Alright, I said I would post photos of my new raised garden.

I bought a 24' section of 48" diameter corrugated steel pipe. I've cut it into 35" (in length) sections.

Here's my boy on it:

Here's one of the cut sections:

Suggested gardening accessories:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Wifi Toilet posted:

I hit the cut edges with the grinder. They're rounded over and smooth.

I also washed the galvanized metal with acid so the paint would stick better.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I went to school for the first time in weeks for Stop the Bleeding® training and learned how to stuff wounds with gauze and use a tourniquet properly. There were only 7 people in the building and they had the large conference room set up so the 6 of us were all 10-15ft apart from each other and the presenter stayed up front.

Hopefully, I never have to stuff my students full of gauze or use a tourniquet on them. However, I've read this quarantine hasn't been good for people's mental health so I guess we should be prepped for fall if we go back in person.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I used to be obsessively F5-ing the covid thread and drinking myself to death slowly

Now I'm obsessively F5-ing the George Floyd thread and drinking myself to death quickly

Lincolnstein
Sep 10, 2007

I bought a new 'puter and a 3D printer, I'm gonna make a lot of stuff. Mostly excited to make a bunch of little monsters and fidget type gizmos for my son. If anyone wants some cool picture frames and junk, lemme know!

Also making stickers, fiddling on my Volca Keys and riding the weird waveeee. I hope every goon everywhere is okay, NOT BORED, and doing cool stuff or playing cool video games and relaxing.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Wifi Toilet posted:

I've been getting pretty depressed at time, but I am not yet at the point of ending it all in the garden.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Sending scary boxes to goons. :yeshaha:

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Finally got around to reading Dune and now watching the mini-series

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I drew a spaceship we can all get into and get away from this f*cked up planet but there's only three cryo chambers and one is mine

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

One for me the other for the beers

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Casu Marzu posted:

I used to be obsessively F5-ing the covid thread and drinking myself to death slowly

Now I'm obsessively F5-ing the George Floyd thread and drinking myself to death quickly

Logged out of Facebook Sunday night to get a break from the world imploding. Then my best friends Facetimed me yesterday and it was all they wanted to talk about.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Just fed Raphael, our quarantine turtle.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

spacetoaster posted:

Just fed Raphael, our quarantine turtle.

He's cool but rude

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

naem posted:

so I’ve had no alcohol in a week, and I’ve worked and gone right home with no excursions besides jogging (with a mask) exactly like we are all supposed to, and got a hankering for a 7-11 cardboard pizza and some bud lite “clamato” one of my favorite ironic alcoholic beverages. 7-11 has a delivery app so I gave it a shot.

I just watched a guy drop my pizza into the street, panic, take the rest of my order back to his car and then peel out DRIVING OVER THE PIZZA lol

I’m not even mad, you couldn’t pay for this kind of entertainment. Poor guy, they’ll just refund my order he doesn’t have to run off

That's a perfectly delicious pizza sitting there out on the street. Why didn't you pick it up?

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

That's a perfectly delicious pizza sitting there out on the street. Why didn't you pick it up?

Walking the dog, we once came across an entire pie, abandoned in the middle of the sidewalk. Dog snarfed three slices before we could get her off it. She'd pull the leash toward that corner anytime we got close till we moved.

So to answer, you don't pick it up so that you can make some dog's LIFE

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Really, really not looking forward to doing this trip with a toddler. Planning on leaving Friday, but Thursday might be possible.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Blistex posted:

Really, really not looking forward to doing this trip with a toddler. Planning on leaving Friday, but Thursday might be possible.

Oh man that is brutal, heading out west for work?

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Spent my day this quarantine waiting on hold for a city council phone in meeting. 2.5 hours in all, to be the 3649th person to say gently caress the cops, black lives matter, defund the police. They're not done. Nine hours and counting. 117 people left in the queue to speak. I've been listening mostly uniterrupted since 11 and, two people have not spoken out against cops in all this time, and one was just calling to complain about them closing a duck hunting preserve in the city limits.

I've been to meetings in the beforetimes that had like 30 people total, including the six councilmembers and staff. I've never seen the goddamn like.

And heard LA's city council, after a similar speakout, just raised the LAPD's budget to either 1 billion or a billion and a half (50% increase during the Greater Depression, I don't know what the starting baseline was). Possibly the most ever paid for a riot?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Sid Vicious posted:

Oh man that is brutal, heading out west for work?

"Wagon's East!"

Going home to Ontario before this province implodes up its own rear end.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Blistex posted:

"Wagon's East!"

Going home to Ontario before this province implodes up its own rear end.

Oh loving right, whereabouts here?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Manitoulin Island

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Havested like 20# of fava beans last night. Most into the dehydrator, some for cooking with tonight, and the rest used last night to make vegan burgers (ish we added cheese because we aren't loving vegan) that were seriously the best drat garden burger I've ever had.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Donating to my local bail fund

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I wanna get paid for doing my chillaxing hobby so I made a thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3926404

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Got a letter saying I'm getting laid off from my county job so I am gonna get hosed UP tonight!!!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Got a letter saying I'm getting laid off from my county job so I am gonna get hosed UP tonight!!!

gently caress man go hard

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

:sympathy:

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
Anyone here ever try heroin?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Salty Josh posted:

Anyone here ever try heroin?

I have not, but I found my younger brother dead in my bathroom from an overdose once.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Sir Not Appearing posted:

I have not, but I found my younger brother dead in my bathroom from an overdose once.

Did he leave an account of his experiences in a diary or journal?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

so heroin IS a family activity

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Salty Josh posted:

Did he leave an account of his experiences in a diary or journal?

Sort of.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Every county in the nation is boosting their cop budgets cause of how many angry unemployed they're gonna have (this floyd thing inconveniently made everyone aware of this). What I'm saying is go be a cop and get that fat pay and then snitch them all out but try not to get shot by them for being honest and good.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

poverty goat posted:

Donating to my local bail fund

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Working like normal. I have a cushy office job, but there is a sysadmin element to it, and the Oslo hospital system keeps forgetting that they employ researchers and that those researchers have their own network. So the "here's the full medical history of named people, click here to schedule them for a random organ swap" systems can now be used remotely from any random gaming PC at home, while the research net with its carefully de-identified and fairly dry data has nothing.

I'm absolutely not complaining, though - it's interesting enough work, my colleagues are nice, and the infection control measures both at work and on the way there are reasonable. It's just really ... odd that one of the most technologically competent corners of the organisation is the one that can't work from home.

I did take two weeks of doing minimal work over email and unstable SSH tunneling at the height of the spread here, and used it productively - by getting into Planetside 2 with my partner. His idea, even.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Petting my cat. Just gave my wife a back rub for over an hour due to sheer boredom and zoning out on drugs. Gonna have an ice cream cone in a few minutes.

My cat is so soft he belongs in an R&D lab for fabric softener and toilet paper companies as the reference specimen.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Instead of following the protests all night I played some WoW to distract myself and avoid my mental collapse. Seems like I made a good choice because the thread got closed.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Dealing with a toothache. Even after a bunch of ibuprofen and oxycontin it still feels sore, but at least I’m fortunate enough to have drugs to take care of it. Nowadays if you go to the hospital for a toothache they’ll give you a prescription for Flinstones vitamins and the doctor would find a coronavirus victim to sneeze on the paper to just to spite a drug seeking junkie.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Laslow posted:

Dealing with a toothache. Even after a bunch of ibuprofen and oxycontin it still feels sore, but at least I’m fortunate enough to have drugs to take care of it. Nowadays if you go to the hospital for a toothache they’ll give you a prescription for Flinstones vitamins and the doctor would find a coronavirus victim to sneeze on the paper to just to spite a drug seeking junkie.

Dude be careful with that oxy poo poo. Real question, cause I've been lucky to have pretty good teeth:

Do hospitals do tooth extractions? A dentist is a tough call rn, a face right in yours and someone digging around in mucus membranes etc. To say nothing of the money.

But look out for that oxy poo poo.

Laslow posted:

My cat is so soft he belongs in an R&D lab for fabric softener and toilet paper companies as the reference specimen.

My rabbit's back of the head is a -10 on the Mohs hardness scale. It's the opposite of diamond. Everything scratches it, and boy he wishes you would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
ordered a bunch of shipping boxes in anticipation of selling catdrugs to goons.

also bailed from all the discord servers and deleted the app because i don't even know why but for some reason i feel better for it