Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

dee eight posted:

ordered a bunch of shipping boxes in anticipation of selling catdrugs to goons.

also bailed from all the discord servers and deleted the app because i don't even know why but for some reason i feel better for it

I know you did :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Sid Vicious posted:

I know you did :(

sorry man, it's not you it's me

i'll be back when i feel right again

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
drat I’m gunna buy some cat drugs

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

dee eight posted:

sorry man, it's not you it's me

i'll be back when i feel right again

i understand and im always here

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Cats keep making GBS threads in my potato beds. Is there an anti-cat drug? I'll plant some catnip elsewhere to make up for it.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Outrail posted:

Cats keep making GBS threads in my potato beds. Is there an anti-cat drug? I'll plant some catnip elsewhere to make up for it.

We put up a bunch of netting over our onions/potatos/radishes and thats kept the cats out. I'll take some photos of it in a bit.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Here is how we keep the cats from making GBS threads in our garden -

Very tactical anti cat netting.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

The relaxing of restrictions, known as Phase 2 Plus, comes into effect here on Monday. Bunch of my friends have started messaging me to see if I wanna meet up with them in the next few days cuz apparently Coronavirus is gone and there's nothing to worry about. I went to the city this afternoon to get meds, only to find much more people, especially more people breaking social distancing rules than usual. Twice I was in queues today where the people queueing behind me were standing too loving close to me, close enough to just be breathing down my neck.

I'm in two minds about meeting up with people again while this is all still very much in its early days. I wanna see my friends again and actually talk to someone that isn't my fiance for the first time since mid-March, but I'm very aware that I'm still in an at-risk group for COVID-19 and my fiance told me he'd be pissed off if I died before him.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

PipHelix posted:

Dude be careful with that oxy poo poo. Real question, cause I've been lucky to have pretty good teeth:

Do hospitals do tooth extractions? A dentist is a tough call rn, a face right in yours and someone digging around in mucus membranes etc. To say nothing of the money.

But look out for that oxy poo poo.

My rabbit's back of the head is a -10 on the Mohs hardness scale. It's the opposite of diamond. Everything scratches it, and boy he wishes you would.
Hospitals generally don’t do extractions. There are clinics that’ll do them for cheap based on your income. I had to use one for a wisdom tooth in St. Louis, it was called People’s Health Center, but I think they’re just in STL. But check if there’s one like it in your city.

Don’t worry about the oxy, I happen to have a prescription for something unrelated. If I take too many, I’ll run out before my refill and won’t be able to walk, so that’s enough motivation to keep me on schedule and not gobbling them all.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Learning that you can do a 3000km drive in three days by yourself, but it takes five when you have to bring a toddler with you. Without Paw Patrol and a tablet it might take a month.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Blistex posted:

Learning that you can do a 3000km drive in three days by yourself, but it takes five when you have to bring a toddler with you. Without Paw Patrol and a tablet it might take a month.

Thank god for Netflix's download function and cigarette lighter USB chargers

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Sid Vicious posted:

Thank god for Netflix's download function and cigarette lighter USB chargers

Where were you hiding in my car? :stare:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Blistex posted:

Where were you hiding in my car? :stare:

Can we get ice cream at the next servo?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Outrail posted:

One of my cats really hates the smell of mint, that might be worth a try (don't plant it in the bed, it spreads like a weed, maybe grow it in pots and put sprigs down). The other two don't seem to mind it though

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I made a meal my mom used to make for me when I was a kid. WI has huge German population, it's basically little Germany, so we had some "inspired" stuff when I was young. This is a huge skillet of onions, garlic, potatoes, sauerkraut, and kielbasa sausage in a big ol' cast iron pan. I put a ton of paprika in it too because I love the color. I'm drunk right now and this is just perfect.

lol WI goon I make the exact same drat thing when I'm bacheloring it up :salute: (of note, if you take sriracha and a little honey+mustard (or even maple syrup+mustard), just a plop of it to a good part hot sauce, and fold it in at the end with your pan screaming hot, it'll scorch/caramelize the sugars in the sauces right onto the sausages and also kinda burn up the tips of the kraut just a TEENY TINY bit and give you that 'browned cabbage' note...fuggin owns)

I got some new cigars this week so I've smoked 3 of those already and they've been "pretty dang good" and "alright" respectively. The pretty dang good ones are Macanudo vintage '97s, which are p much exactly what I expected if a little tight on the draw, and the others are a gamble I took on something called a 'Rebellion' branded cigar in their 'Militia' offering (I know, I know, it was on sale and I wanted to try it) it's a 6.12x54 EMS wrapped deal with Nic/Hon filler. Is ok. Have yet to smoke the third offering I got, and Undercrown Robusto from a 5 pack they had on a 50% off sale. Had I read up more before my order, I might have just picked up 2 or 3 of these 5 packs at that price point. Ah well. We'll see how much I like it.

Otherwise yesterday I had a massive campfire in my burn pit to clear up ever more yard waste, and either thursday or friday I destroyed something in my back that I fear might be Lowtax-lite style because good gently caress I think my spine is twisted into an S shape and I can't really stand up or walk anymore. So. That's been fun and I feel like a useless jackass on this really awesome weekend other than starting poo poo on fire. At least my wife's been understanding. :( She's too good for me, as freaking ever, my dudes.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 7, 2020

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
I'm sad that quarantine is ending. It had literally no effect on my personal life because reasons, and no effect professionally because "essential services". But the stupid party house outside my apartment had been silent for three months, which was great. Ugh, one day I'll have my hate-hole hovel in the middle of nowhere, where I don't have to deal with people.

Also, during quarantine I've been doing my usual stuff. Which is identical to social isolation. Definitely wish it was a permanent thing as part of fulfilling some conspiracy theory to do with some Communist one-world-government. The idiots should be right about something, just because it'll be funny.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

IronClaymore posted:

The stupid party house outside my apartment had been silent for three months, which was great. Ugh, one day I'll have my hate-hole hovel in the middle of nowhere, where I don't have to deal with people.

Every night in our apartment block since mid-March has been whisper-quiet with no house parties and loud tourists thundering into the building at 4am shouting the place down. I realised that the block was also almost as quiet during the day, save for a couple kids on the ground floor and third running around in the afternoon.

Then I realised why it was so quiet: over half the apartments in the block were AirBnBs, and are now sitting empty.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

PooInAnAlleyway posted:

Every night in our apartment block since mid-March has been whisper-quiet with no house parties and loud tourists thundering into the building at 4am shouting the place down. I realised that the block was also almost as quiet during the day, save for a couple kids on the ground floor and third running around in the afternoon.

Then I realised why it was so quiet: over half the apartments in the block were AirBnBs, and are now sitting empty.

Sneak into AirBnBs and tank their ratings with carefully planted anti BLM material.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Outrail posted:

Sneak into AirBnBs and tank their ratings with carefully planted anti BLM material.

Wait another couple of months until their mortgage houses of cards all collapse, offer then ten cents on the dollar, buy the places and use them as storage.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Moo the cow posted:

Wait another couple of months until their mortgage houses of cards all collapse, offer then ten cents on the dollar, buy the places and use them as storage.

Yeah actually this is a better option. Really praying for a huge market crash in my overpriced town.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Which one of you is this

https://twitter.com/Yogalnstructor/status/1269789206856925184?s=19

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

It's a very special bread day. There's been no whole wheat flour for sale so I ordered 10lb of freshly stone-ground flour from a nearby mill at an exorbitant price. I was rewarded with a 100% whole wheat loaf with a tender and open crumb that's impossible with regular commercial flour. I could give up white flour forever for this loaf right here. It's fuckin delicious.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

that looks 100% wonderful
congratulations on that, perfect!

the crumb, the crust all round, everything, that's truly great. Very awesome!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Can you use the pizza crust yeast to make bread? I haven't been able to find any freaking yeast for my bread machine in over a month.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

Can you use the pizza crust yeast to make bread? I haven't been able to find any freaking yeast for my bread machine in over a month.

treat it like quick rise yeast and you'll be fine.

From what I've seen it's meant to be used with stuff like pizza crust that gets pounded out flat and worked a lot and so has some "conditioners" in it and works with other things that you can add to dough to assist with that type of 'flat bread' style (pizza crust, right?) but, if you're not doing that, just pretend you have instant yeast and don't overly slam your dough around like it's a pizza crust and I bet you're good to rock n roll.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Big Beef City posted:

treat it like quick rise yeast and you'll be fine.

From what I've seen it's meant to be used with stuff like pizza crust that gets pounded out flat and worked a lot and so has some "conditioners" in it and works with other things that you can add to dough to assist with that type of 'flat bread' style (pizza crust, right?) but, if you're not doing that, just pretend you have instant yeast and don't overly slam your dough around like it's a pizza crust and I bet you're good to rock n roll.

Good deal. I'll give it a go.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Why are all this white people making bread

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sid Vicious posted:

My finances are none of your business. :colbert:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Sid Vicious posted:

I was making bread before it was cool for white people to make bread.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sid Vicious posted:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

I need a giant print of this for my study. Also, I need a study to hang the print in.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Crumb Rules Everything Around Me
"Steve! Do your laundry!"
Gotta do my chores ya'll!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i've been baking bread for a while because whenever i would buy a loaf it would go moldy before i could finish it so i'd have to freeze it, which is ok. but when you bake it at home it seems to last longer. and i can make a nice whole wheat or rye sourdough which i really enjoy. and it's a fun thing to experiment with

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Big Beef City posted:

Crumb Rules Everything Around Me
"Steve! Do your laundry!"
Gotta do my chores ya'll!

lmao

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I'm re-learning how to knit. I learned about seven or eight years ago, made a few pieces, then my box of supplies went untouched for about five years. I've got plenty of time to pick it up again!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It may not be effective in the sense of a traditional condom, but it works nonetheless.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm re-learning how to knit. I learned about seven or eight years ago, made a few pieces, then my box of supplies went untouched for about five years. I've got plenty of time to pick it up again!

Nice!

I tried knitting maybe 2 years ago but I found it to be pretty difficult. I brought up a small hobby table into my living room last year and haven't touched it. Mostly due to broke brain reasons but I really need to try something out again. I could just sit here and knit and watch the Big Bang Theory all night! I keep saying I'll try it again but I never do. One of these days I'll walk the 10 feet to my table and do something.

edit: drat I have a ton of stuff on here that I forgot about

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 10, 2020

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
"Dave Made a Maze" is on Amazon Prime.

I purposefully seek out the weirdest movies I can find (most are on Amazon), and this one still was... something I hadn't seen anything like, before.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I just ate some ramen. Yum !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

I wonder if the second quarantine will be declared for 4th of July.