Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Like everyone else in Canada, I'm watching Contagion on Netflix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

My Shoes posted:

testing for covid... I cant think of a stupider thing to do than sit in a room with a whole gently caress ton of people wondering if they have the virus. gently caress that. What good can it do to get tested. either i have it or i dont. its not gonna change anything but make it even more likely i will get it if i didnt already.

Uh, for bragging rights, obviously. So you can get a cool "I Survived Covid-19" t shirt. Start an ask/tell thread about your harrowing coronavirus experience.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Listening to a Social Distancing Playlist. https://ultimateclassicrock.com/social-distancing-songs/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNIZofPB8ZM&t=149s

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

a glitch posted:

What exactly will they do if they see someone out when they shouldn't be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNBG5lgh6Nw

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

My Shoes posted:

really? drat.. idk dude.. guess im positive. im 40 and i smoke tho i cut back to two a day for about a week now.. im p fit tho actually and exercise a lot but i have allergies and it feels like i cant breathe already but i still feel like i could fight it if i got it. idk roll the dice. anyway be careful buddy.

Those of us under 60 need to be careful not to get cocky. Yeah, we're unlikely to die, but getting this can still suck balls even for healthy young(ish) people.

https://www.propublica.org/article/a-medical-worker-describes--terrifying-lung-failure-from-covid19-even-in-his-young-patients

quote:

“Reading about it in the news, I knew it was going to be bad, but we deal with the flu every year so I was thinking: Well, it’s probably not that much worse than the flu. But seeing patients with COVID-19 completely changed my perspective, and it’s a lot more frightening.”

“I have patients in their early 40s and, yeah, I was kind of shocked. I’m seeing people who look relatively healthy with a minimal health history, and they are completely wiped out, like they’ve been hit by a truck. This is knocking out what should be perfectly fit, healthy people. Patients will be on minimal support, on a little bit of oxygen, and then all of a sudden, they go into complete respiratory arrest, shut down and can’t breathe at all.”

“We have an observation unit in the hospital, and we have been admitting patients that had tested positive or are presumptive positive — these are patients that had been in contact with people who were positive. We go and check vitals on patients every four hours, and some are on a continuous cardiac monitor, so we see that their heart rate has a sudden increase or decrease, or someone goes in and sees that the patient is struggling to breathe or is unresponsive. That seems to be what happens to a lot of these patients: They suddenly become unresponsive or go into respiratory failure.”

Going from "I feel a little off" to "I'm on the ground and can't breath to call for help" is a bad day for anyone.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

prom candy posted:

Is this poo poo for real? Like they keep telling us you get it from being close to people who have it. But apparently it also lives on surfaces, and in the loving air now?

Yes. But it's easier to clean surfaces than to clean people. https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covid-19-surfaces-1.5509619

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

wit posted:

My new hobby is McGuyvering facemasks from household items and wishing I had a sewing machine. Who would have thought all those sad etsy boyfriends were actually living with doomsday preppers?

Psst, there's a secret Big Sewing Machine doesn't want you to know. One weird trick a mom in [yourtown] discovered! All you need to sew is a needle and thread!

Hand sewing is a little slower, but it's not like you are short on time while in quarantine, lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvzMMcKHVR4

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

spacetoaster posted:

Today we're making cloth face masks using the CDC pattern.

My wife has a few yards of N95 filter cloth that we're sewing in behind the front cloth.

Nice.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Starting up the virtual classroom stuff for real today, its fun but I feel more like a moderator than a teacher now haha.

Oh no now you'll go mad with power :ohdear:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cubone posted:

I was just lying here thinking about sucking dick and how much I'd prefer to be sucking dick right now, and I looked at the clock and 3 hours had passed
I'm cracking, folks

is there a horny in quarantine support thread?

you think it's a joke but it's the only thing I'm not allowed to talk about and it's making it worse
people understand if rent is stressing you out, but how do I explain to my classmates that I wasn't working on the group project because I was thinking about sucking dick? 3 hours.

I'm like a hyena in a cage, chasing zebras in his mind
when they let me back into the wild, will I even remember how to run?

:sigh:

Get one of those big pieces of plexiglass and put a hole in the middle to make your own PPE portable gloryhole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

olives black posted:

I have a balcony, as a matter of fact

Cherry tomatoes are really nice on an open balcony. If you can have hooks, hanging cherry tomatoes are a fantastic use of space. You can be getting sweet little snacking tomatoes pretty much daily through July and August with just a couple plants.

My balcony is completely enclosed and screened in, so no bees can get in and my tomatoes fail unless I hand pollinate. :mad: