Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

prom candy posted:

safety razors are twee bullshit, there's a reason people stopped using them when cartridge razors came out

Yeah, I’ve used both and IMO the cartridge razors are better in every way except price. They are easier to use, and create less irritation for a given level of closeness of shave.

The reason why the old fashioned razor people focus so much on the technique and the creams and accessories is because they hide the shortcomings of the old technology and are needed to get a decent result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

prom candy posted:

yeah i used safety razors for a while too on the advice of these very forums that's why i know they're twee bullshit. it's just an excuse to turn one more thing into a hobby with all the gear purchases that come along with it. "oh sure that badger brush is fine for a beginner but once you get into it you're definitely going to want to upgrade to one with finer bristles" etc. etc. i think it also came out of the #menswear resurgence at the beginning of this decade when we all wanted to be our grandfathers circa 1960 for some reason

Yeah, I agree. I used an old-fashioned safety razor for like 6-8 years, and then switched back to a cartridge razor a couple of years ago after having used one on an extended vacation. The cartridge razor really is a better technology. It's not really as radically more expensive as old-fashioned razor proponents claim--the cartridges can be used for many more shaves than a double-edged razor blade before it makes the shave more irritating, although that doesn't totally make up for the price differential.

This but unironically

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

PipHelix posted:

Extras is amazing cringe comedy, as was the original office, but everyone's seen the American version and the first two seasons were just road-company linereadings of the British version until they ran out of eps and were forced to come into their own.

If anything it's worth it to see Ricky Gervais back when he was a scrappy nobody write a story about a scrappy nobody getting his shot and losing his soul and becoming a nasty piece of poo poo and wondering if that show being the turning point of his career was some sort of Faustian monkeypaw situation.

The Kate Winslet episode of Extras is great.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
After your walk you should take her to Costco.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
Oh, you are saying that hating Diablo 2 makes you retarded?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

silence_kit posted:

Oh, you are saying that hating Diablo 2 makes you retarded?

lol we should replace the moderation staff with a word filter