Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I'm required to come to work even though there is absolutely nothing to do. They won't pay us to stay home. They've indicated they will furlough everybody at the end of June. Nobody really knows what the plan is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Having an allergy attack, which is great timing. How the gently caress did this species survive when it can't breathe because plants are mating nearby?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I'm trying to remember how the hell to do surf maps in Counter-Strike.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

PooInAnAlleyway posted:

I've had to log out of almost all social media in the last 48 hours because all of the horrible news has been coming at me faster than I can process it. I backed out of Facebook nearly 3 weeks ago during the height of the George Floyd protests and haven't been back to it since then. Now I've had to tap out of Twitter since almost every tweet in my feed is about sexual assault. This is pretty much the only place I have left right now.
I consider this the last bastion of sanity on the internet.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I went to a crowded beach, hope I don't die.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

PipHelix posted:

Disco Elysium, I've been killed by a tie and by picking cynical conversation responses too many times and have yet to get out of the initial motel. It's definitely like nothing else I've ever seen and incredibly well written and uniquely designed I just get a strong Planescape-this-game-may-as-well-be-text-only vibe off it and I have to figure out if I can afford to spend the 80 hours all the reading in that game took up now that I'm not 18 with gently caress all to do anymore. I definitely like how the game provides absolutely no feedback on whether what you're doing is helpful or not or what literally any of the consequences are or might be for your actions. Like even character creation, other than 'Str Int Dex Wis' none of the specializations are even slightly comprehensible. I never understood the scenes in those movies where the protagonist lips off to the Big Boss Man and everyone's in stunned silence, and he ruminates with his brow furled and then just busts out laughing. But I'm kinda digging how this game just tells me to gently caress myself, over and over.

Any reccos?

The only problem with DE is if you don't have enough money for rent on night 2, you're poo poo out of luck.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Went to a drive-in movie theater for the first time in about 20 years. It was great!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Having symptoms, testing negative, and getting told it's fine to come back to work even though the policy is to stay out for 14 days from the onset of symptoms. Because the tests can't possibly be wrong.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Nope. Regular test. The only thing different this time was that they asked me to blow my nose first. This seemed a bad idea in such a small room, but they said it was part of the procedure now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

PipHelix posted:

Scheduling a Covid test cause after eight months + we finally got a case in my facility. Would you believe patient zero was a chud tech who wears MOLON LABE shirts to work? And he's confirmed transmitted it to at least one other person in his group?

Re the shirts, it's kind of insane how they get away with that nonsense - their weird dungeons & dragons twin language mythology is so impenetrable that to try to explain it to someone you end up looking like the nut. It's like how I got in trouble in 2017 for unloading on a guy 'just asking questions' about the proud boys. First off, dude absolutely knew who they were, but since they were obscure enough to normies he gets to plead ignorance about *his own thing* and *I* had to explain it and look like a fool. "Ok they're named for a song in a broadway production of Aladdin, breakfast cereals and masturbation are big parts of their mythology, the point is they're violent racists." Anyway, the guy who walks around an American workplace with an open threat of gun violence plastered on his gut has endangered the lives of people in the facility, just not in the way you'd have expected a year ago. Truly 2020 has been one for the books.

The Nazis were considered ridiculous clowns at first. Then they started parading around in their uniforms. Then they started killing people. Not exactly sure what point we're at now.