Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

hunting down toilet paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

I did this today.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Pawn 17 posted:

That's p cool tbh

Thanks. I made it with the paints and palette knives i got from my secret santa for SASSMAS! :)

I'll sell it if your into it.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

precision posted:

Sell it to Radiohead

Seriously that's good

I <3 Radiohead.

Thanks! I'll probably be getting a lot more painting done in the next few weeks.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Grevling posted:

I haven't been in quarantine but I've been staying at home as much as possible. Just now felt a cough coming on though, gently caress.

Every time I cough now, its like everyone freezes and just stares at me (imagine ominous tension building music playing)... I smoke people! Chill!

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Robo Reagan posted:

you know how in zombie movies the dude gets bitten and pretends he didnt and turns 2 scenes later? youre tapping in to 20 or 30 years of pop culture telling everyone youre already dead and youll kill everyone else lol

Haha awesome :P

Grevling posted:

I was kind of intending to go and get some beers too since I have tomorrow off. Goddamnit.

get em anyway. frack it. :P (sorry been reading the ru paul thread)

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

At some point im definitely going to *pretend* to be sick to get a few days off work. I'm holding on to that tho until we get further into this.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

gleebster posted:

Well, classes are all going online after today, but they haven't actually closed the school. I'm not sure if it's going to be dead at work tomorrow or packed with students (and adjuncts) who don't have adequate computer access/ability to work from home.

Most colleges and universities already have an online LMS set up for various things. It should be fairly simple to shift online. All my classes are online now and things are smooth. Deadlines are extremely loose rn though.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

gleebster posted:

We have a certain population of students who are not necessarily familiar with our LMS. I guess we're about to learn how large that population is. And of course, the campus is not actually closed, so I have to go deal with this largely older subset of nontraditional students. How fun.

oh drat. sorry buddy.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

remote work schedule virtually unchanged for me. glad to have work though.

rn gearing up for a bike ride in my deserted downtown.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Got together with a few friends and worked on bikes at a closed down bike shop one of my friends works at. We just drank all day and got like a bunch of bikes (our friends and our own) road ready doing various repairs. I also made adjustments to my headset, replaced some cable housing, replaced my front derailleur, and did a derailleur adjustment on my own bike.

Also, I just bought a poo poo load of tp and some kn90 face masks.

My Shoes fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 19, 2020

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

poverty goat posted:

Law and order has deteriorated to the point that I can open carry a beer on the beach without hassle

Nice! What beach is that? Do you get to live there or did you just get the gently caress out of town?

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah, the pollen is out with a vengence (my black car is yellow now) and I was cutting the grass yesterday. Allergies are a bastard.

Yeah they do. ive had all the symtoms of seasonal allergies for like a week now. right on time. no fever though or flu symptoms just to be clear. i got super lightheaded on my bike today tho and almost fell.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Im gonna look up old MUDs and see if any cool ones like Chaos Wastes and Hidden Worlds are still around and play em again.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

testing for covid... I cant think of a stupider thing to do than sit in a room with a whole gently caress ton of people wondering if they have the virus. gently caress that. What good can it do to get tested. either i have it or i dont. its not gonna change anything but make it even more likely i will get it if i didnt already.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

coronatae posted:

No I don't think I did. I just wonder if at some point during this I will catch it but have mild symptoms I'd attribute to allergies or extreme stress.

If you don't have a fever you're good dude. Just keep checking temp.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

I am listening to music and dancing around my house cleaning in lingerie drinking wine and masturbating periodically :shrug:

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

Ew nobody wants to hear about goons masturbating

Hey you shut up or i wont do your poo poo future stencil :P

jk

cant a girl join in the fun. you guys talk about it all the time

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Shut up Meg posted:

Masturbating whilst cleaning seems you wouldn't do either of them to a high standard.

well that was like before.. and then i started cleaning.. now im taking a posting break. the cleaning is not getting done to a high standard for sure.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Just made this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

Nice! Not how I imagined it but good job :thumbsup:

thanks man!

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

spacetoaster posted:

I will attempt to draw that on the inside of a bathroom stall in honor of you if we're ever allowed out of the house again.

Haha awesome.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

TontoCorazon posted:

Whole lots more cooking, cleaning, and masturbation happening on the reg though.

Oh yeh actually im going on a bike ride with like 10 other people tomorrow.... but we will stay 6ft apart :P

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

East TN is about to go shelter-in-place. this precedent of gov control personally scares me and i worry about it being a slippery slope but on the other hand i dont want people to die.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Fatkraken posted:

I just got word that everyone in the restaurant where I work is on a 3 month furlough (like, a pause in our contract with the right to start up again when we reopen), with 80% pay for that period from the government. UK is at least doing right by hospitality workers

BoJo can still get hosed tho.

Wow! American service industry workers are totally hosed.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

ya'll enjoy martial law precedent. its a slippery slope from here.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Jay_Zombie posted:

Working.
I am working.
A lot more than I usually have to.

Mind you, I'm not exactly complaining because A. I can work remotely from home if need be, and B. I still have a job and am still getting paid. So I consider myself pretty lucky in that respect.

:same:

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

I do crossfit workouts in my house... also theres tons of workout videos on youtube....

i might take this time to refresh my tai chi skills!

also you can still walk and ride a bike :)

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I use Tai Chi to cast Blindness on you

oh yeh. well i cast butt closes up permanently on you!

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Sorry but I deflect that spell due to the high Constitution stat on my large muscular bum.

im a high level thief and i steal your constitution

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I really want to learn Tai Chi. I've done it just a few times. There's this Unitarian Universalist church that has a few 70 year olds doing it in the basement. They're all really nice though. I should go back to that again.

edit: is it something you can learn by watching youtube videos? I can get it with watching the person right in front of me but maybe it's just easier with a live teacher there.

I personally learned from a book and also took a class on it.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

poverty goat posted:

I baked the bread

ack! gluten!

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

poverty goat posted:

Bake Your Own Bread :sun:

this dude has everything: beach, bread, dog.

i hate him.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

i can make some breadsticks in like 10 minutes with just cassava flour water and salt.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

tuyop posted:

THEN LET ONE BECOME TWO

neato!

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

kloa posted:

someone say bred? we got:

steamed bread

square bread

round bread

swiss bread

pizza bread

twisty bread

cut bread

crusty bread

close-up bread

swirly steamed bread

pudding bread

JFC!

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm going out to a homeless shelter to help pack food. Yeah, not the brightest idea but I think it's safe to say that these people need more help than I do.

The disaster response team I'm in has a Neighbors Helping Neighbors operation. Usually it's a HUGE no no to do things on your own under their name, but things have changed recently. So I am going to put on my "uniform" and head out there in 15 minutes. Hopefully I don't get covid-19.

Be Safe! <3

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Shut up Meg posted:

You're a legit good person.

Not just for this, in general. For whatever my opinion is worth.

yeh hes a good dude.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

prom candy posted:

All these people saying "oh it's just flu" have never spent a week sweating through their sheets. Flu is brutal

I very rarely get the flu.... like once every 7-9 years i think is the average.

never had a flu shot either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

LabyaMynora posted:

Thinking it might be a good idea to put together an "If I Die..." file with all my financials and passwords for my wife in case I die.

On paper, stored in a lock box, not digitally.

oh cmon... youre gonna be ok dude... i mean are you over 70? do you have a major complication? in all probabilities sake youre prolly gonna be fine...