Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Outrail posted:

Been making a lot biltong (south African Jerky), easy as gently caress to make with nothing but household bullshit and a cardboard box.

Directions please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Playing Drug Dealer Simulator

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
As the now self proclaimed official ambassador of the sardine thread you fuckers need to learn yourselves some fisherman's eggs.

Thank me later.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I'm reading Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky

It's about salt. It is a good book about salt. The word salt appears very frequently in this book about salt.

Next I will read the same author's book about Cod (the fish.)

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I'm eating sardines and drinking nigori

and listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6W_07sxw-k

isaboo fucked around with this message at 07:39 on May 2, 2020

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah it's crazy. I thought air fryers were gimmicks but my friend got one and kept talking about it so I said gently caress it and bought one a few weeks ago. So far I like it. I've only used it for bacon and once for chicken though so I really don't have much experience with it. It cooks a hell of a lot faster than I expect so I overcooked the chicken. I'm going to try more stuff in it but dial it back a bit. I can always cook for longer.

What air fryer did you get? I was just looking at some on Amazon and the 10qt Instant Pot one looks ok

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
https://twitter.com/ProBirdRights/status/1257408445524742145

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Literally A Person posted:

Speaking of things we're doing during quarantine I had an idea that I thought might be fun but maybe I'll run it past you malcontents before I go through the trouble of making the thread. Should we make dioramas? Like, the people of GBS? A thread for dioramas. Maybe prizes for dioramii? I don't know. Thoughts?

This is a fun idea.

Not intending to be a shill for my own thread but maybe do dioramas for some of the ideas here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3922938&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

isaboo fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 14, 2020

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Cleaning out a closet I found a VCR and lots of old tapes from my pro fighting days and various martial arts stuff I shot. Wow, what a difference 25+ years and 20 30 lbs makes.
The VCR ate the 2nd tape I put in it and now a 3rd one is stuck so I'll have to take it apart.

Has anyone used one of those mail-in tape-to-digital transfer services? I might just do that.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
oh hell yeah thanks. gonna order that right now

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
What am I doing during quarantine?

I'm smoking weed and watching Drive In Movie Ads on Prime and it is exactly what it sounds like and everything is ok right now :)

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

flesh dance posted:

Followed suit and wow is this the journey I needed, thank you for sharing

SUNDAY IS CHURCH, SAVE FREE TV i'm dying :v:

e: not to mention DRIVING OFF WITH SPEAKER IS A CRIME

yeah this poo poo is amazing

I'm the lady eating chicken wings off a paper plate in a car at the drive in with my husband and kids

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I'm archiving all my favorite threads 😞

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

I made wild rice rosti with orange carrot puree, green beans, and cheesy onion & herb bread.

Been baking a lot of bread with my kids lately. It's fun and makes the house smell great.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jul 14, 2020

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Bill we know Lenore left you and you're not caulking anything. You're eating cold spaghetti from a can.

I, on the other hand, have one John Redcorn coming over to help Nancy with her headaches while I paint the house.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I dropped a bottle of Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap on the shower floor and it landed right side up, the lid broke off, and it shot a stream directly into my eye. It's been 20 minutes and it still burns like poo poo and is all blurry. Kinda worried here.

That's what I'm doing in quarantine right now. I actually started Couch 2 5k and showered afterwards. That'll teach me to shower again.

I always get eye damage somehow, which is the worst. I got laser surgery in maybe 2014 and I have permanent eye pain when I push on them. I scratched my cornea last year and had to go to the emergency room. Now this.

Did you get laser surgery so you could read the tiny writing on the label?

“When we teach the Moral ABC all mankind is united brave-strong-just-free! For the future will be better when we are better; times will change when we change; conditions will improve when we improve if you & I cooperate by full truth to accomplish them!”
“We’re all sisters & brothers!”
“You & I, Here & Now, Today! Not them nor they! You & I Today!”
“1st: If I’m not for me, who am I? Nobody!”
“2nd: Yet if I’m only for me, what am I? Nothing!”
“3rd: If not now, when???!!!”
“Unite we must!”
“Have courage and smile, my friend. Think and act 10 years ahead!”
“Teach the Moral ABC that unites all mankind free, instantly 6 billion strong & we’re All-One.”
“Balanced food for body-mind-soul-spirit is our medicine!”
“Self-discipline the key to freedom.”
“Breathe deeply!”
“Repetition is the key to knowledge!”

"DONT SQUIRT INTO UR EYE! OKAY!"

isaboo fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 14, 2020

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I've used that soap regularly for probably 35 years and I've gotten it in my eyes plenty of times and have never had that kind of reaction. I even use it for toothpaste and mouthwash when I go on extended backpacking trips. Granted, I don't remember ever having it squirt undiluted directly into my eye but I'm sure it isn't fun.
What flavor was it? Peppermint? Lavender?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
that's almost exactly what my angel fish looks like! good job, looks great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
the amateur radio test is a joke.

Outrail posted:

I'm taking an amateur radio course next month. Half for interest and half so I can program and use cheap Chinese radios without getting in trouble with overzealous law enforcement. $100 all in, every sat morning for 3 hrs over 6 weeks. Tangibly job related so I'm gonna try and claim it on my tax return. You get a nationally (internationally?) recognized personal call sign out of it so rest assured I'll be neck deep in eager ham chicks when covid lifts. The ham radio community is mostly composed of attractive young women, right?

yes the attractive young women definitely outnumber the overweight boomers

seriously though it is fun and interesting and you need to get a software defined radio (rtl-sdr.com) and a huge antenna and listen to (or rather image) all sorts of crazy poo poo, like the hydrogen line frequency from our galaxy. no ham license needed. radios are pretty cheap and antennas are easy and cheap to build

isaboo fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jan 24, 2021