Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At first I danced at home because I can't go out to dance aaaaaaaarghghhh

Then I was making too much noise and now I'm dancing sitting at my desk. Nothing is gonna stop me from dancing motherfuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zer0spunk posted:

i cut my own hair for the first time in my life.

thanks coronavirus

Same but I failed super hard at it.

Trying my own hair cutting was a bad, bad, bad idea.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At this point just waiting for a vaccine because I think I exhausted everything, even taking selfies have lost their meaning, the biggest tragedy.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Outrail posted:

Dick pics?

No, thanks Eddie. I uh, got work to do.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tango alpha delta posted:

speaking as someone almost 3 times your age, i hope you are spending some time outside and away from the forums.

it's good for you.

Man if you can magically make covid disappear I'll very, very happily do that.

I miss dancing.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarcusSA posted:

There are lots of things that don’t involve being around other people.

I already go out more than I should (appointments with doctors etc, health stuff) but I am yet to find the magical activity that involves me going out in a 13 million people macrometropolis, living in front of a very active hypermarket, that somehow doesn't involve being around other people.

I went out to a local park to record a funny video and turns out everyone had the same idea during the quarantine and the once deserted place was just filled with more people than the beach.

Edit: I went homeless last year and I got covid in exactly one day of it, the time it took for generous goons to get me back on my feet. I live in a district with 45k people per square mile, unless you actually make a list of "lots of things that don't involve being around other people" for outdoor activities I'm genuinely clueless as to what those mythical activities are. And lol if you say climbing.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 5, 2021

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

You just passively click a million times until a skeleton dies. Sometimes if things get a little hairy like a boss fight you press '1' to drink some health and if it gets really wild you occasionally click somewhere else to move away for a second.

Most games can be reduced to something really basic if you're gonna do it this way. Every rhythm game is "just click at the right time and it's the right time every time you retry the song lol you can just memorize it". I get your point but it can sound disingenuous.

As for the rest of the post.

PipHelix posted:

I'm not missing anything right? This game must've dropped and kinda coasted to success on attitude and a lack of real competition, and that success made it a franchise? I checked the wikipedia I know this is a hot take: "Diablo II was one of the most popular games of 2000[5] and has been cited as one of the greatest video games ever made." This might seem like a mountain from a molehill but the thread has been quiet anyway, and I remember really liking Diablo 1. There's not even any fun recognizing stuff for nostalgia's sake. It's like trying a goldfish cracker at 35 after 25 years away and realizing they taste like poo poo and always did.

I mean I guess there's a lot OF it, I bailed cause it took me like 12-15 hours to get through Act 1 and the wiki said there were 4 more. Looks like it's something like 4-5x the content of Diablo 1?
E: Correction, Diablo had 16 levels Diablo II + Expansion had **120**. gently caress sake that's a lot of game. If they're all randomly generated I guess why not just let the RNG run?

D2 has a lot more levels but D1 is a slower game, D1 levels take longer unless you're manipulating RNG in which case the game lasts a few minutes. But yeah even then D2 is way way way bigger than D1.

Most people that I know who still play D2 play D2ES. People who still play ARPGs have mostly moved to other games, I'm not sure I know anyone who's been playing D2 since it was released and it's not ES or the other mod I forgot the name.

D2 has a problem in that it was not just the proto modern-arpg, it was the proto modern-everything. I don't think it invented most of its features but it was certainly the game to unite them and popularize them. To this day you still have games that follow D2's blueprint, its talent system, its normal magic rare unique system, its affix philosophy, etc. And games, even Blizzard ones, have been iterating on that same exact formula for two decades. There's nothing wrong with the original D2, if anything there was too much right and you might have played so many things derived from it that the og D2 has lost its point for your set of preferences.

D1 feels in some ways like a modern indie game that could come out and be played and have that slow pacing. D2 is, well, D2. If you're not actively looking to play the remastered version of the game that you liked, then I'm afraid yeah, there might not be much there for you in 2021. D2 didn't coast to success on a lack of real competition, it made the competition.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Apr 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

"I only made $70,000 a year and who can live off of that?"

You hear that sound, you might think it's the water around the kayak but it's actually me crying tears of poverty reading that.