Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
I have been living life normally... relatively mostly secluded. My grocery bill went up significantly because I filled the fridge, freezer and pantry. That's about it.

olives black posted:

Listening to some of the music that I binge bought on Bandcamp a few days ago.

Guys, gals and enby pals, there is so much music. I've been limiting myself to cassette releases with remaining new copies and (mostly) black metal from indie labels and there's still weeks if not months worth to go through. I am going to need a new bookshelf in a year.

Bandcamp is the best music site on the net. I get the choice to throw a little extra in the jar, and I get FLAC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

His Divine Shadow posted:

Mashed potatoes and sausages are things that just naturally go together here. Over in Sweden it used to be the main kind of street food before burgers and fries took over. Still has a niche though.

I wouldn't use hot dog type of sausages though.

Sorry about the page snipe, have an image of sausage

I've never been attracted to sausage before seeing this.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Steam works great on that version of Ubuntu just take the laptop into the bathroom and turn on the shower

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Every dime I've billed for the past five years has been developed for on Linux and not a penny less due to it.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

I wired up a subwoofer to a factory stereo today. For the 12v on the remote switch line I hooked up to the console cig lighter. So I don't bump in the neighborhood or by cops, I put a hidden kill switch by the right leg.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Oh bugs! The quality of the bugs is a telling sign of the quality of the code. If the bug is something like a device-specific rendering issue or is resource-related, those are good bugs. If the date picker is letting the user enter the year 3000 and the month 15, or if validation fails but the form is submitted to the database, that's hair on fire poo poo.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

I'm neck deep in a personal web project. The best kind!

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

No, sorry that's bad for the kidneys.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Mozi posted:

if you have a long piece of string and a door then you have a professional tooth extraction

That only works til they're old enough to drive to the dentist.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

This list of ingredients on the Hot Pockets box is longer than my attention span today.

The oil change has been done, but the burning smell remains.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

You've got til probably July before they'll start caring again

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

Then put your noodle poop into your air fryer and now you have deep fried mac and cheese balls to suck on. You can dip them in sauces or just eat them plain with your hands or if they got too well done maybe play beer pong with them I dunno.
They should look like this. A boxer made these in his air fryer you can do it in yours if he can.

:randpop:
So much for staying away from things that will kill me

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Internetjack posted:

Drain pump on washing machine making horrible rattling/grinding noise. No water draining from machine.
Siphoned off water, not too much mess. Found a dime, a peso, some weed-whacker string, some carpet string in the reservoir before the pump. Coins look ancient!

Bench tested the pump. Ran smooth!

Re-installed, started a cycle and the thing is rattling/grinding just as loud. No water draining. :( But hey, a dime and a peso!

Sounds like there is a clog upstream and the rattling is just the impeller, assuming you bench tested it wet.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Internetjack posted:

I tested it dry. Just applied AC for about 5 seconds, two different times. Seemed to whir along fine. I can see how it it might seem fine with no load on it now that I think about it. The hose from the main compartment is pretty big diameter, but the thing is 18+ years old. Who knows what is in there. I'll prod around there on the next go. Thanks!

No service people available til end of month.

That's weird, I would check the downstream pipe too. Good luck. Washing machines are a bitch, mine is apart until I order another control panel from ElectroLux/Frigidaire. Baking the control panel in the oven worked, but not permanently.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Moo the cow posted:

Two knives that cost $400 each or
Eight hundred knives that cost $1 each?

-10 knives that cost -$80 each

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

First 7 hours of the day outside working on my tan in the sun. Started bright and early at 6:30 am watering the "yard" with a coffee mug in my hand. Then went to town removing more dead plant material. Eventually I got some tools out and removed a broken strut from one of my vehicles for inspection. That transitioned into me washing, waxing, conditioning, vacuuming, RainXing the other one. I don't think there's anything left for me to do today but cook.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

That blueberry ice cream looks really delicious

Perfecting the red beans and rice recipe.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

It's basic run of the mill freezer sausage--beef polska kielbasa!

Definitely rocking some Texas Pete on it

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Time is getting faster relative to our spiritual understanding of reality because the universe is expanding under our feet. Our perception of time was never static to begin with! Buckle up sugar cup!

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

The Voice of Labor posted:

more mercy than he deserved

:frogsiren:
Claim self defense and get a lawyer

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

naem posted:

I came across a work document from february and was struck by nostalgia for the before times

"We will be meeting in the conference room at 3"

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

At first I'm like... a ten year old using an angle grinder?! Then I realized I was using a circle saw at that age *.

*Not regularly

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

Would you guys say it's been beneficial over the course of your life?

Absolutely. I never have been "afraid" to use a tool. My 11 year old cousin can drive a stick shift Jeep in the pasture already so the tradition carries on.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

We should check in on this lady to see how she's holding up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASG6r9rhwcE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

PipHelix posted:

I was never a fan of Facebook, as others said, no one I'm not actual friends with in my friend group, not even work acquaintances. People got so loving entitled and presumptuous, demanding they be made Facebook friends and taking it as some kind of slight, that I quit in disgust in like 2013.

It's tough early on but it's so worth it. Just bail man. Give everyone on Facebook messenger one blast with your contact info and the real ones will stick with you and you'll find out how much time you'd been wasting looking at vacation pictures of your ex's boss or whatever. And then you can pour it into these forums.

Amen.

Quit in 2013 and never looked back, and I had to ask for an email from my community college just to enroll back in the day. Less wondering what people who don't care about me are up to. Eliminated worry related to superficial connections.

I'm also adverse to the idea that my relationships and activities are anyone else's business.