Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

I was widowed a couple years ago and the circumstances were finally right for me to move back to my old house a few weeks ago. I think I listed the place we had on March 1st. Yeah. Supposedly it's under contract but I'm terrified about it falling through and sitting out there for months. It was kind of a suburban money-pit though, I'm not sorry that I left.

I've got plenty of time to redecorate the old place now. At least this place is interesting again, I live on this weird compound of four buildings from the 1940's-1960's and it's almost fractal. There's stuff I forgot or left everywhere, stuff people left here, things I've never even seen, things tucked away all over the place. There are spaces here I've never even been in, and I bought the place in 2013. There's a shrine to JFK in the crawlspace.

I am alone but I have been for awhile now anyway. I was off my anxiety meds for quite awhile there but I refilled them today. I think that was a good decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

uh, let's see. all kinds of great ideas. I moved and downsized homes the day before things hit here. tried to sell my other suburban nightmare house (I'm a widow now so that made sense, and I guess it might be done now? which is really terrific.)

and I'm talking to and or bothering exes at the moment, not working, just collecting money from sales and stuff, staying at home, playing lovely games and drinking lovely vodka. my favorite ex is coming to quarantine with me in a couple of days, maybe. I'm a very smart person.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Crusty Nutsack posted:

you sound like you're pretty good at this widow thing. I'm new to this poo poo, please teach me your ways. I do not have exes to call on so I am already at a disadvantage

not really, it's been three years. it's difficult. that was not bragging or anything. honest advice is: not just give it time, because everyone will tell you that. change things where you can, do what works for you. I've been trying and it still sucks and is hard. I wouldn't say I'm good at it, because I'm not. It's just GBS here at the end of the day, but poo poo happens like that, unfortunately.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

If a spider is out of my way on the wall or something I'll let it live. If I see one of those things crawling across my floor it's going to die. Already got 2 this year.

yeah, I've been weird about this for a couple of years where I've decided I don't want to kill things and I'll take almost anything outside except for silverfish/centipedes/millipedes. I'm even reluctant to kill flies, although I don't like them. these guys? that press of toilet paper is also wadded with hate.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

poverty goat posted:

bread is the ultimate low effort, low time input, high reward thing you can do to make any meal better. if you're spending a bunch of time and effort kneading or something it's totally optional. e: the key is to give the yeast plenty of time to work because this is what makes it delicious, but they don;t need your help, it's not hands on time

I'm bad enough at planning ahead that I don't bother. I want the bread now. Not tomorrow. That said I decided to get back into making pizzas today and I couldn't find yeast locally. Guess I'll try Amazon.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

then I cut it up and used the carcass to make a stock, which is like 1000 times better than any boxed stock and I kind of want to just put it in a mug and sip on it but some civilized part of my brain is telling me that's nasty

drink the stock if you want! then when I'm writing your biography later on I'll refer to this thread and say, "had feelings for fish. drank stock like a barbarian. kind of a wash, but overall bad. a real C- human being."

(but I drink stock all the time, even crappy stock, just for fun. it's good when you're hungover and or sick or you've made yourself sick because you're so hungover.)

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

well you can downgrade that because i put half the stock into jars and then put those jars in the freezer and the fuckin jars in the freezer were all cracked and spiderwebbed and I had to throw it out
I'm very disappointed

I told you to drink it! :doh: but I feel like you learned something. we'll let you skate on this one (actually sorry, that sucks.)

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

in animal news I'm having a wild night! I saw a tiny spider rappelling down next to my foot and I left it alone but now I keep thinking there's a spider(s) on me every time I get itchy.

also a skunk got run over or scared somewhere on my street and I gotta say, that stinks! it's too hot to not run the window AC so I guess I'm just gonna live with it. I'm a regular steve irwin today.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

these beans?

the marketing must be scratching something in my brain because I want to know more about thos beans. i'm thinking about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

I wanted to get out of the house so I was driving on a back highway, just for fun, and I stopped and picked up an old drifter. I ended up driving him about 60 miles out of my way to the next town because I wasn't sure what else to do with him (he was literally in the middle of nowhere.) He told me his son and grandson were trying to kill him. No details. I hope he wasn't sick. Well, good luck Tim, hope you make it to Vegas.