Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Fat titties on the Arkansas Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
A fictional town in Arkansas was the setting for one of my favorite fps games:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
You can't talk about Arkansas without its favorite family:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Johnny Aztec posted:

This only became an issue because it was manufactured as an issue. The mayor of Little rock called up the National guard like " Holy poo poo man, you gotta send protection, shits gonna get so bad" and they were all " wtf? We haven't heard a single thing". Also, dude bussed in people from all over to "protest"., and create drama.

So, the whole thing is less on Arkansas, and more on one racist rear end in a top hat.

Man with long rap sheet of racism insistent that 1950's Arkansas actually had one racist.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Arkansas has one cool town: Fayetteville

Did you know Arkansas has a town called West Memphis, Arkansas? Its actually just across the Hernando de Soto Bridge in downtown ACTUAL Memphis, TN. Assholes.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

PTSDeedly Do posted:

I mean it’s either Texas or California, despite the fact that California wishes it was France.

Honestly one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Bogus Adventure posted:

You can't talk about Arkansas without its favorite family:

every one of those people will die before their time due to preventable health conditions

ESPECIALLY the dog, although bft isnt really a condition

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Devils Affricate posted:

Honestly one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum

Yeah I was about to say, what the gently caress is he talking about lol.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Oh, come on! Get over here!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Grape posted:

Man with long rap sheet of racism insistent that 1950's Arkansas actually had one racist.

Whatever dude, look it up yourself. But I would guess that you don't actually give a poo poo

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

every one of those people will die before their time due to preventable health conditions

God willing, the Boomer Remover will help make that a reality.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Springdale, AR has the largest community of Marshall Islanders in the continental US, which began with one Marshallese guy moving there to work for Tyson in the '80s.

Unlike every other Walmart in existence, Walmart #1 does not have a McDonald's or Subway, but it does have a Pollo Campero.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

It gave us the Clintons and Waltons. It is a plague on the country.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

the fattest one in the center hanged a dog to death at some Arkansas camp when he was 17

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
In the film Black hawk down a somali warlord burns an american general by saying the general is from arkansas and the general is like "not cool, i'm from texas!"

That is the only arkansas thing i can think of. Doesn't sound like a great place tbh

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

serious norman posted:

I've never been to USA. Is it any good?

How much money you got/what's your genetic background?

This is literally the only metric for how "good" you'll find America.

Mike blocked me on Twitter (twice) for asking about that dog.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
I watched a doco a couple of nights ago about Arkansas nearly blowing itself up in a missile silo accident in the 80's.
I GIS'd out of curiosity and the wild scenery looks pretty nice, especially in "fall". I wouldn't mind visiting if I was ever in the US.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

NWA goon reporting in.
It's beautiful at the perfect place economically and getting every amenity you could get anywhere else rapidly.

That said it's the only place you want to live.
Drive 20 minutes outside of it and you're back in the midwest redneck hellscape.

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
Northwest Arkansas doesn't actually have a nightlife. Move North.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Rollersnake posted:

Springdale, AR has the largest community of Marshall Islanders in the continental US, which began with one Marshallese guy moving there to work for Tyson in the '80s.

Didn't we nuke the Marshall islands?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

PTSDeedly Do posted:

Arkansas! The Delaware of the South.

Apart from a little bit right under the Arc, most of Delaware is south of the Mason-Dixon line. Delaware is the actual Delaware of the South.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Sentinel posted:

NWA goon reporting in.
It's beautiful at the perfect place economically and getting every amenity you could get anywhere else rapidly.

That said it's the only place you want to live.
Drive 20 minutes outside of it and you're back in the midwest redneck hellscape.

When I first read NWA, you got my hopes up. I thought Eazy-E was posting from gangsta heaven.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Johnny Aztec posted:

Whatever dude, look it up yourself. But I would guess that you don't actually give a poo poo

No provide a link, so we can see what kind of really on point sources you got.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
here in the ozarks we only know them as cousin fuckers, but apparently down there they think we're the cousin fuckers??!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Bogus Adventure posted:

When I first read NWA, you got my hopes up. I thought Eazy-E was posting from gangsta heaven.

Cuz the boys in the woods are always tards
Our politics are trash and our food is lard
Havin Walmart #1 is all we got we admit
Don't come here boy this place is poo poo

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

gleebster posted:

Apart from a little bit right under the Arc, most of Delaware is south of the Mason-Dixon line. Delaware is the actual Delaware of the South.

Maryland is a northeastern state in every single sense of the word except a dumb line someone drew on a map hundreds of years ago.
Delaware meanwhile isn't even south of the Mason Dixon line so like

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

The Protagonist posted:

here in the ozarks we only know them as cousin fuckers, but apparently down there they think we're the cousin fuckers??!
Lol that anyone from Arkansas would think they aren’t the cousin fucker.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Devils Affricate posted:

Thank you for this

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Devils Affricate posted:

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Devils Affricate posted:

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Texas is obviously Australia. A few pretty good major cities with miles and miles of empty bullshit populated by poor bogans and desert. Both have people that are very friendly but at the same time very rowdy.

Perth = El Paso, all out there by itself on the west part of the country / state doing its own thing forgotten by everyone.

I wish we had kangaroos in Texas though, they are baller af.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If King of the Hill is any indication emu farms were a big thing in the 90s for no adequately explained reason.

Kangaroos might possibly have significant feral populations in the USA if released with half the enthusiasm of invasive species in Australia.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Did you know?

The official state motto of Arkansas is "Thank God for Alabama!"

OCG
Jul 15, 2004
I've lived in LR for the past few years. NWA is definitely the nicest part of the state. LR is ok. There's a lot of good food around here. LR is gentrifying, but there's still a lot of crime. It's not as bad as it was 20-30 years ago.

I remember going to Midtown Billiards at 2:30 am for the first time a few years ago, and an old black man said hello to me and offered me some crack.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

ARKANSAS? MORE LIKE FARTKANSAS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Bogus Adventure posted:

God willing, the Boomer Remover will help make that a reality.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I enjoy that you can't make jokes about old people dying because the mods are old and it hits too close to home.