Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I’m this time of need some of us will be spending way more time stuck at home than usual so my goal is to play some OK games. Right now I’m playing through Final Fantasy 15 and it’s ok, I’m slightly entertained. The windows version is free with that Microsoft Game Pass thing on computers. What are some other games that might be OK for goons to okay that are shut in more than usual!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mookwarrior
Jul 9, 2007
Official Hater.
Tecmo secret of the stars.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Play The Sims 4 and pretend that daily life is under your control. It's only :fivecbux: for the base game on Origin. (been playing a lot of this the past week)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Two Point Hospital is the definition of OK. It's not great, it's definitely not bad, just in the middle. You can't really lose and winning is just unlocking more of similar work to do.

Rise to Ruins is another game I'd call okay. It's a city building game blended with tower defense format. It's a bit strategic, a bit managerial, and bow howdy does it suck away time. I think I got 50 hours in and only had like 4 or 5 of the territories covered so far. Granted I was going much further than you had to with each city.

My Time at Portia is another OK time-consuming game that I'd recommend, but it's actually probably a little too good to be called OK. Kind of like a 3D Stardew based around crafting more than farming.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I just played Armello, a boardgame-videogame that has way too much rolling of imaginary dice, and it is definitely just the right amount of OK that I played it for 8 hours even though I didn't really enjoy it at all.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

op...

slay the spire

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I've been playing Subnautica and it seems to fit the bill. It's definitely a game that takes its time introducing what it has to offer, there's a lot of just swimming around and gathering resources. It's very much about exploration, and it keeps coming up with new inventive ways of both making me want to explore the ocean depths, and making me absolutely hate everything I discover down there. Fear and loathing in the Mariana Trench.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Replaying Wasteland 2 once again. I know a lot of people dislike it since the original launch version was kinda rear end, but they really did fix a ton of poo poo a year later. It's somehow become one of my top five RPGs of all time and I have almost 200 hours under my belt according to Steam.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
Rimworld and Doom. both offer almost endless mods, so as long as the base gameplay works for you, you'll have almost limitless options.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Calling Rimworld merely OK? That's not cool man.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Mookwarrior posted:

Tecmo secret of the stars.

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Lodin posted:

Replaying Wasteland 2 once again. I know a lot of people dislike it since the original launch version was kinda rear end, but they really did fix a ton of poo poo a year later. It's somehow become one of my top five RPGs of all time and I have almost 200 hours under my belt according to Steam.

That's good to hear, I might give it a shot now. I was an early backer, and while I don't regret backing it or anything, I did put it down shortly after release to wait for some patches and never picked it back up again.