Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

The last transmission of Seerow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asssf6oPMYY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

It's weird to feel "proud" of a character, but Dak Hamee mustering up the strength to tell Aldrea to piss off and let him face this his own way was really great. He's come a long way since we met him.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Much like Chapman in the Andalite Chronicles compared to Main Series Chapman, Visser Three in the Hork-Bajir Chronicles is basically a completely different person from Main Series Visser Three. But at least we have the inference that being bonded with Alloran absolutely scrambled Esplin’s mind into the monster we meet in Book 1.

Chapman, uuuhhh… I dunno, maybe he did a lot of growing up in the 20 years between TAC and Book 1?

He'd just read Ayn Rand for the first time. Lucky bastard got brain wiped and escaped the shame of being a libertarian teen.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

This sounds like the story one of the traumatized survivors would actually tell their grandkids about when asked about the war.

One of my WWII relatives was clearly haunted and hated talking about it, but every now and again he'd cheerfully talk about the time he and his buddies were horsing around with an oxygen tank during training and accidentally launched it through a yacht.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I'd honestly be okay if every now and again we get a book with random alien hijinks. Like, Visser 3, his minions and the animorphs get abducted by the aliens from Space Jam to compete in a high stakes basketball game.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

The Howler's response to the morphing body horror was pretty hilarious. Like John Wick walked into a village full of werewolves and just went "Cool" before kicking everyone's rear end.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Yeah, it was always "supper" in Southern Indiana too. Dinner was more of a "Sunday Best for Applebees" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

For some reason, the idea of Bill Clinton fighting Yeerks brings me back to that one weirdly elaborate fanfiction involving the demons of Hell invading America, getting their poo poo kicked in, and then the U.S. military conquering hell itself. Like there was a scene where Bill kills a succubus with a shotgun and makes a quip about Hillary or something. Salvation War maybe?

Animorphs trigger some weird memories.