Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Re: Yeerks and Chapman: The one time we do see Chapman get free he and his wife try to strangle themselves to die free.

Visser Three is just riding the coattails of getting that Andalite body hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I can't be the only kid who imagined Pokemon/Animorphs crossovers.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I am pretty sure Cassie becoming a butterfly is supposed to be symbolic of her being able to empathize with the Yeerks and whatnot.

Seeing as these guys have a literal god who follows them around and makes small changes... eh.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Yea they basically set poor David up to fail, don't they?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

Yeah it doesn't make any sense, while acquiring could be useful V3 should at least infest the President with someone loyal to him to run things the other 90% of the time.

Who is this mysterious person? No one is actually loyal to V3 because he treats everyone like poo poo.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Pwnstar posted:

I know you need to have drama and plot etc but I always get annoyed in anything when there's a big important mission coming up but instead of putting our personal bullshit on hold lets all have a big fight over dumb poo poo. David needs to chill until they can figure out a longer term plan for him and the Animorphs need to let David feel like he's got some control in his life.

Jake's weird obsession with military technology owns, though he should be obsessed about Andalite military technology too. Let's hear more about Zero Space!

David is a teenager. That age is entirely about personal bullshit.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

My interpretation is that being the smartest man in the room went to his head as he stopped respecting subordinates as the original revolutionaries were... kinda dumb!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

As soon as we got the EYE intro I remembered this book.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

"Sorry" he apologized is just such a clunker.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Pray for security footage.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Also are the Yeerks on the homeworld all part of the Empire? I got the impression our current antagonists were all the exiles who stole the spaceship and flew off, and their associates/descendants.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

If a 5 inch naval gun can wreck the Sea Blade wouldnt the Nartec attack be crushed by the USN in like five minutes?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Is it me or does Rachel's chat about demons and the bible seem very out of character?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

People would absolutely ally up with the Yeerks for the ability to turn Dracon beams and starships against people they hated.

Hell, you could probably get some kind of dystopia going where people knowingly sell other humans as host in exchange for Dracon beams.

Make your own historical analogies kids!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Letting all those people die of rabies seems... really out of character.

Then again, it's unfunny Helmacron book 2, so...

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I remembered David coming back.

I did not remember RAT LEGION.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Id be interested in Everworld or Tripods.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

It is kind of funny the big animal fight was solved by the intervention of assault rifle fire.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Capfalcon posted:

There were probably not more than 200,000 combatants, but their alien tech is what made it something that actually mattered to Earth.

The text kind of hints at this with the American Revolution firing line, but the Yeerks really aren't good at hand to hand combat.

If General Doubleday's soldiers had gotten onto the Pool ship with US fireteam tactics they probably could have stormed the Controllers and seized the ship without the Auxiliary Animorphs having to die. The problem is getting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

The ending works for me. Part of it is I easily see Jake ordering this blaze of glory to atone in some way for being a war criminal, and part of it is that the war that ended just sowed the seeds for the next war.