Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Mazerunner posted:

The only good yeerk is a dead yeerk!

i can't tell you where i'm from, and i say kill 'em all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
the image of them busting out of the Taxxon is a bit :stare:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Sentinel posted:

This maybe plus "Andelite bandits!" could be perfect
we the andelite bandits motherfucka represent

Cinnamon Budz

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Avalerion posted:

I would have taken elfmists offer not gonna lie.

there's definitely appeal to it, but would'a made for a pretty short series of books

though i guess "humans in an alien zoo" could be an interesting story in its own right

heck, take the offer and then fight your way out of their darn zoo. one more god rejected :unsmigghh:

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 6, 2020

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Skelicopter posted:

Maybe Rachel just loving murdered all witnesses.

she seems to black out on bear fuelled bloodlust the same way i black out on cheap goon so probably

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Tree Bucket posted:

If only Elfangor had crashed in Geelong or Newcastle or something. Try and save the world with an emu morph! Go on, try!!

i mean they rolled us in the Emu War, so while it might be a problem once you get to Taxxons and Hork Bajir, i figure they'd take human-controllers okay

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
that's a more optimistic future for malls than reality

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Epicurius posted:

Turned into affordable multi-unit housing?

with a communal foodbank on the roof!

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Piell posted:

I really want to know what kind of shenanigans Marco had planned for if the guard wasn't a Controller.

Just miming shoving his big gorilla mits into nonexistent pockets and casually strolling away, whistling (if gorillas can whistle)

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
this was the first book i read in the series. for some reason it caught my eye at the school book fair and i wound up getting it. i don't remember how many of the preceding books i eventually went back to, since i enjoyed the series but didn't get each one and just read the ones we didn't buy here and there from the school and local library (and eventually got the last book when we saw it at a shop) so this is the first that's really more familiar in my memory

quote:

Marco is highly intelligent. But he is also very afflicted by a condition the humans call "sense of humor." I have noticed that Marco's sense of humor sometimes makes him do strange things.

i love Ax :allears:

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 19, 2020

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
these driving escapades justify the book

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
"globules" slapping me right in the recesses of my memory

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
ax and marco were good together last book

ax and tobias seem like they'll be good together from what we're seeing this book

one feels like maybe ax is just good

e: something that i'd kind of forgotten about, but stumbled back onto while browsing the TFWiki earlier today, is that there were some Animorph-themed Transformers toys released in the late 90s. since we're on an Ax book, here's the toy version of Ax and something resembling a scorpion morph, maybe

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Aug 31, 2020

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Krazyface posted:

The reuse of the stalk-eyes is inspired

i hadn't even noticed that until you mentioned it lmao, but yeah, that's some good engineering

honestly apart from the giant glans-looking tail piece up on the chest and the claws hanging off the forearms it's not a bad looking Andalite mode, either. it's a little blocky, but hey, that is what it is. though it definitely looks more Visser 3 than Ax man

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Karma Comedian posted:

You could make the argument that ax absorbed dna from straight dudes so his dude is genetically straight maybe?

My favourite superhero is Biderman, a guy who becomes bisexual after his dna is altered from being bitten by a radioactive spider

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
look, that planet had space oil WMDs, we had to go "liberate" the local species

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Apropos of nothing, can Ax use thought speak in human morph? I don't see why he wouldn't be able to but I don't actually remember it ever coming up, and it seems like it could be useful in some situations.

the books we've seen so far say that he can't but yeah, it doesn't really make sense to me that he loses that ability in human morph given that the logic for the kids is that they can't use it when they're not morphed while being human is a morph for Ax (and thought speech his normal mode of communication anyway)

i guess they either just didn't think of it that way, or like the tension provided by him not being able to do it while in his human morph or something :shrug:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Cythereal posted:

Actually, Erek and his captive Yeerk raises a new question in my mind: why haven't the Yeerks tried to build artificial bodies for themselves? It's clearly possible to create a small, personal Kandrona, and the technology also clearly exists to hook up a Yeerk's nervous system to a computer.

The Yeerks could completely free themselves from the pools and parasitism, if they wanted to.

I kind of assumed that that was really only possible because of how advanced the technology in the Chee is

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

WHAP! WHAP!

I said, certified freak
Seven days a week
Web-having Animorphs
Falling from a peak, woo

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
‘This Book Got Surprisingly Dark,’ Says Increasingly Nervous Reader For Seventh Time This Book

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Remalle posted:

I think it's worth mentioning that, despite all of the other directly name-dropped pop-culture references in this series, "Jeremy Jason McCole" from "Power House" is clearly a stand-in for Jonathan Taylor Thomas.

now I'm imagining the fun Ax would have making Tim Allen noises

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
managed to dig the box with my books out of a shed in my parents' back yard. had 1-10, 12 14 and 15, 19-22+24 and then there's a biiiiiig jump to a random copy of 44 and then the last three books. i'm sure i must have borrowed some of the ones from the big gap from the school library but i don't really remember which or how many. i just remember that we managed to catch the end because we saw the books with the "countdown to the end" banners on the cover at a shop and started buying them again

also have the first three megamorphs books, and the three (named) chronicles books but no Visser. huh. maybe i never read that one

kinda wondering if i wanna cruise ebay to fill out the set of at least the interesting/good/important ones i don't have

Bobulus posted:

I'm more curious how they can reference so much pop culture, but have to rename Area 51.

pop culture is fake, the aliens are real :tinfoil:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Stoop Hawk's afraid to leave his swoop

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Epicurius posted:

Everyone drowned. End of the series, everyone.

Ohh, I don't like this new director's cut.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

“No way,” Marco said. “That guy hangs out in chat rooms? If I were him, I’d spend my day rolling around in big stacks of hundred-dollar bills, paying Michael Jordan to come over and teach me how to improve my three-point shot -”

i have bad news for Marco about how it turns out billionaires really spend their time once Twitter is invented

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
it was obviously Jake, but i think the idea that it was some random electrical fire or whatever kinda funny so i choose that

freebooter posted:

also if she was doing that there'd be no need to warn Gump

i mean, even with Cannibill Gates out of the picture she'd still not want the kid talking to their dad and getting infested because they know too much

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Edna Mode posted:

Is Bruce Willis known for his harmonica playing?

I dunno about "known", but it was a thing he publicly did, yeah

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
man, this is heavy

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i really liked what they were doing with this, even if it was a bit hamfisted and the logistics don't entirely work

really looking forward to these next ones. i haven't read them since i was still reading the books the first time as a kid, but i remember them being good stuff

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Tony Blair is totally the Controller

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Epicurius posted:

Neither Yeerks, Hork-Bajir, nor Andalites fully understand this human concept of "clothing", so maybe you're making unwarranted assumptions here.

i was gonna say, the idea of Visser 3 strolling out in the nud, thinking he's being real inconspicuous, is the best/funniest option

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Modern Day Marco tries to take David to call his folks on a payphone only to find that the one he's thinking of was removed years ago and he never quite noticed

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The president is being pursued by Controllers. Are you a bird enough dude to rescue the president?

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
note that nobody's being a smartass to Marco about how seagulls and chicken are different species so it wouldn't be cannibalism

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Strategic Tea posted:

They're dead and Jake is blanking it out of his memory :smith:

it's Hawkeye and the chicken all over again

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

dungeon cousin posted:

Is it possible for a nothlit to regain morphing powers with the Escafil device? It would be a useful way to get rid of an identity, though permanently.

feels like the risk of becoming a nothlit wouldn't be a big deal to Andalites if they could just be picked up by their crew and slapped on a blue cube to return to normal

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly kind of #TeamDavid at this point. He's going too far where we're at but he's absolutely right that everything in his life has gone to poo poo since Marco wandered up to him at school that first day, and that they've made basically every wrong step they could have in dealing with him since.

Hard to blame him for snapping here given that he's lost everything and the people that are "supposed" to be helping him have been this way so far.

Like David says, Jake was the one that started with threats, he's just responding in kind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
"I can't believe this guy would strike out on his own and attack the friend I had tracking him after my friends ruined his life, made him feel like an outsider, and then I made overt threats to him!"

Honestly the core Animorphs come across like poo poo over these last couple of books and are lucky David doesn't just get them all killed or enslaved outright. They'd deserve it